• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] How to delete OJSC Mobile Telesystems?

Search This thread

Ladylover31

Jan 18, 2011
Fresno
I haven't done anything, aside from not accept the update. Just checked my apps in play store and the app is no longer there asking for an update!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

jmoserak77

Oct 20, 2010
Hello all,
I was able to remove from my international I9100.

Disabled AP Mobile
Removed Market APP updates
Rebooted phone
launched Market and upgraded

Been a good 12 hours and no more mystery app from Russia.

Hope that helps, as it seems that not updating also works. ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

fredo840

Nov 25, 2010
For non-rooted user

How can non-rooted users delete those 2 apps?
Is there a way to temp root my phone? So I can delete them with titanium?
Hey i just found a workaround, i am non-rooted and on official leaked ics east European rom.
Just disabling and force closing the social hub app with email icon worked for me.
Go to settings > apps then select "All" tab. On applications menu
Now scroll down to social hub, there would be two or three social hub apps select the one with. And email icon and a small 's' written on that email icon, once you select this in options select disable and then force close it.
It worked for me, I see no more the strange mtc appthat was sitting on my nerves for the past 12 hours

LJP1111

Jan 16, 2011
Mine's disappeared this morning, did nothing & of international gb 2.3.4

Sent from my phone

Mine too, contacted Google crying like a baby about privacy concerns but I think the bad ratings may have got their attention!

I also asked about the app and the mistake if there was one so will see what they say.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
In my case, testfile (by SFUKUDA) disappeared from my Installed tab, but it is still in the ALL page (all the way at the bottom) listed as installed.

Please check yours.

Last edited:

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
bulletin_board_suzy_zoo_manners_deco.gif

I was surprised to find it was apparently first install Market since HTC's prior hadn't noticed the issue as always remove Seven Engine.

Reactions: conantroutman

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
Yeap, just delete cache and will disappear ...

Could you check your ALL page in Google Play Store?
While they are no longer on the INSTALLED page, they are on my ALL page.
I still see them listed there as installed (scroll all the way to the bottom).

[EDIT] This obviously applies if you have the new version of Play Store (3.5.15)
[EDIT 2] In particular, I am seeing the testfile by SFUKUDA app (not the Russian app).

[EDIT 3] The "testfile" app has disappeared from Play store, without me doing anything. Looks like Google has corrected the issue.

Last edited:

GRACO

Dec 6, 2010
No, I don't see it in "My apps" list... may be because I didin't update it?

check this out:

Update: As we suspected, Seven seriously erred in giving the same App ID and signing certificate to two different apps, and that's the core problem. We spoke with Google, who provided some clarification on what happened here. Google says that there was a bug that caused the Russian version of the mail app to erroneously appear in the "My Apps" section of Google Play for a large number of Android users. However, Google says that it disabled the app some time ago, so it was never actually installed on any devices. Google is currently working on a fix for the "My Apps" issue.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/26/2904389/google-play-bug-russian-email-app-samsung-android-seven

Could you check your ALL page in Google Play Store?
While they are no longer on the INSTALLED page, they are on my ALL page.
I still see them listed there as installed (scroll all the way to the bottom).

scott_karana

Mar 24, 2012
To anyone still seeing this; make sure to make Google Play feedback on their Contact page, so they know something's going on.
They probably datamine for words like "compromise", "security", "breach", "privacy", and the like, so...

Clearing Play's cache fixed it for me too, though. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app appeared too in my google play store. Deleting the social hub app (there are two, the one with the little blue icon was the right one i think) with titanium backup removed this of my apps list. Hope this helps :)

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Got this in my phone with XWLP2 also. Along with this I have Testfile by SFUKUDA in my installed app list.

Testfile is the app allshare from samsung i think. I deleted allshare and testfile disappeared.
    Remove МТС Мобильная Почта - OJSC Mobile TeleSystems

com.seven.Z7 removal process! :)

Remove "Social Hub 7.52.*" via Titanium Backup.

# white Mail icon with blue "s" inside circle.

I can't post Images/URL: imgur .com /a/26q2z/embed :D
    This app appeared too in my google play store. Deleting the social hub app (there are two, the one with the little blue icon was the right one i think) with titanium backup removed this of my apps list. Hope this helps :)

Aye this worked for me too. Removed the samsung social hub app with titanium backup. It is indeed the one with an envelop icon with a little blue S on it ;)
    Wow. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I'll gladly leave now.

Some people just have no manners, or perhaps just forgot where they left them... :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. You'll find most members to be happy to help but well y'know.... there's always one....
    bulletin_board_suzy_zoo_manners_deco.gif

I was surprised to find it was apparently first install Market since HTC's prior hadn't noticed the issue as always remove Seven Engine.