• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] How to delete SMS from SIM card? Android 2.2 on Samsung Infuse 4G

Search This thread

R2I4D

Jul 20, 2011
I accidentally copied a few useless texts to my SIM card. How do I delete them from the SIM card? I tried going into SIM Management via Contacts to no avail.

Thanks, in advance!

R2I4D

Jul 20, 2011
Thanks so much! This is my first smartphone, so I appreciate the fact even the most elementary questions (read: my dumb question) are answered.

ntk4

May 20, 2015
www.teition.com
I accidentally copied a few useless texts to my SIM card. How do I delete them from the SIM card? I tried going into SIM Management via Contacts to no avail.

Thanks, in advance!

I had a message popping up saying "SIM card full, delete messages". I would click on this message, and it would open the standard messaging app called: Messaging. I kept going through and deleting all my SIM messages (unknowingly using the Messaging app at this time) and then it would automatically refresh, only to show me all the exact same SIM messages, not deleted.

Textra was set as my default messaging app.

To resolve this issue and finally delete all my SIM messages, I had to activate the de-activated Messaging app, click on settings->manage SIM messages->select all the messages and delete them. This finally refreshed to show no more SIM messages. I then re-activated Textra and everything was back to normal.

Reactions: Zoide_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks, in advance!

While in messaging, Press Menu button>Settings then select Manage SIM Card Messages

Thanks, in advance!

I had a message popping up saying "SIM card full, delete messages". I would click on this message, and it would open the standard messaging app called: Messaging. I kept going through and deleting all my SIM messages (unknowingly using the Messaging app at this time) and then it would automatically refresh, only to show me all the exact same SIM messages, not deleted.

Textra was set as my default messaging app.

To resolve this issue and finally delete all my SIM messages, I had to activate the de-activated Messaging app, click on settings->manage SIM messages->select all the messages and delete them. This finally refreshed to show no more SIM messages. I then re-activated Textra and everything was back to normal.