• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q]How to Disable Flag_secure on SPECIFIC APK by decompiling, editing an recompiling?

Search This thread

renganyen

Jun 30, 2013
Hello!
Im looking for a way to disable FLAG_SECURE on a specific APP (not system global) on nougat to allow taking screenshots on it. I plan to do that by decompiling, editing some parameters and recompiling it..
I already decompiled the target APK using ApkTool with no problems, but i didnt find anywhere/ any file to edit LayoutParams.FLAG_SECURE instance in order to try to remove this...

Any idea?

Thanks

Last edited:

kashyapnirma

May 28, 2015
Disable Flag_secure

Hello!
Im looking for a way to disable FLAG_SECURE on a specific APP (not system global) on nougat to allow taking screenshots on it. I plan to do that by decompiling, editing some parameters and recompiling it..
I already decompiled the target APK using ApkTool with no problems, but i didnt find anywhere/ any file to edit LayoutParams.FLAG_SECURE instance in order to try to remove this...

Any idea?

Thanks

APKtool generates smalis . You need to search smali format of code . Not "LayoutParams.FLAG_SECURE".
Search with const/16 v2, 0x2000 in your smali files. replace 0x2000 with 0x400 and it will work magically.

LayoutParams.FLAG_SECURE = const/16 v2, 0x2000 (smali format)

Reactions: Super_Hurf

adventure4doctor

Jan 24, 2019
How to disable app from stopping screen recording using specific app like "apk editor

HOW TO DISABLE APP FROM STOPPING SCREEN RECORDING U on specific app by decompiling , editing and recompiling (e.g. apk editor pro) and make that app unaware of screen recording and screen casting /mirroring

Cybermatrix06

Sep 23, 2020
I don't know what's format of code and all. Can you explain step by step

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

APKtool generates smalis . You need to search smali format of code . Not "LayoutParams.FLAG_SECURE".
Search with const/16 v2, 0x2000 in your smali files. replace 0x2000 with 0x400 and it will work magically.

When I replaced and tried to install it shows app not installed. I uninstalled the previous version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disable Flag_secure

Hello!

Any idea?

Thanks