• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] How to disable the HOME button ?

Search This thread

prallo

Aug 8, 2013
How to disable the HOME button in the Galaxy S6 ?
Don´want my phone to wake up everytime it is in my trousers.
Is there an apk file for it ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

schoolsux

May 7, 2010
Gotham City
lunsarn.se
Not off topic at all, actually. My question is very legitimate and I am actually interested to hear your answer.

Well, depending on the trousers I wear, I have found this to be annoying as well. Tight pockets often click the home button by accident and wake up my phone, then it sometimes also manages to unlock the screen and start all kinds of apps, call someone or whatever. They could use the proximity sensor to detect phone is in a pocket, but they didn't... :(

Japultra

Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Well, depending on the trousers I wear, I have found this to be annoying as well. Tight pockets often click the home button by accident and wake up my phone, then it sometimes also manages to unlock the screen and start all kinds of apps, call someone or whatever. They could use the proximity sensor to detect phone is in a pocket, but they didn't... :(

You don't have the fingerprint security on? Have you tried repositioning the phone? Maybe the home button against your body as opposed to against the pocket? Or phone top down vs bottom up, etc? My pants are usually pretty tight as well but I've never noticed this issue myself (not to say that it doesn't happen, just that I've never noticed it).

Thoth33

Jun 2, 2015
Since everyone ignored your question the answer is as follows.

Open generic.kl in root explorer (device/system/usr/keylayout)

Find the line "Key 172 HOME" and commet it out by editing it to "# Key 172 HOME"
If you just want to disable home button wake, i have a workaround here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/help/guide-how-to-disable-home-button-wake-s6-t3128348

To everyone else, whats the point of being a smart ass about his question? if you dont know the fix dont post. Dont pick apart his motives for litterally no reason. Android is about CHOICE.

godutch

Jun 29, 2009
www.burgerforumeu.nl
To everyone else, whats the point of being a smart ass about his question? if you dont know the fix dont post. Dont pick apart his motives for litterally no reason. Android is about CHOICE.

I have found that many times people ask for a solution to weird problem X but if you ask a bit more problem X is a workaround for problem Y which they figured they couldn't solve, so it's better to try to solve problem Y. That way you really help them.

cjshelby78

Dec 11, 2015
Very good for google cardboard!

Find the line "Key 172 HOME" and commet it out by editing it to "# Key 172 HOME"
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/help/guide-how-to-disable-home-button-wake-s6-t3128348

hajyihia

May 31, 2013
this happened to me two months ago, i took my phone from my pocket and found out that i only have 40% battery left, the phone sent many many messages, video calls, calls, whatsapp......since then i use the pattern lock...but it's annoying

rcroonenberghs

Sep 3, 2019

do you need root access on your phone to do that? Because I'm getting "java.io.filenotfoundexception:Read-only file system" error

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Both of you off topic ! I just ask for a solution ! Thanks anyway ! [emoji12]