[Q] How to downgrade Huawei p30 pro

redswap

Sep 20, 2006
After updating to the latest version 10.1.0.123 (C431E19R2P5), my phone is very slow and the battery is terrible. How can i downgrade my phone to the previous version. thanks

Huawei P30 Pro Vog-L09

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
Oct 12, 2013
Bucharest
forum.xda-developers.com
After updating to the latest version 10.1.0.123 (C431E19R2P5), my phone is very slow and the battery is terrible. How can i downgrade my phone to the previous version. thanks

Huawei P30 Pro Vog-L09
Hy there,

You can connect your phone to HiSuite and check for an update. It will tell you that you're on latest available and bellow it will be the rollback option, as bellow SS.

AND

If not, you can follow my tutorial from here to downgrade to EMUI 10, v10.0.0.178 C431 ?

Rollback firmware to EMUI 10 v10.0.0.178 post

Krgds,
SilviuO

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs

redswap

Sep 20, 2006
Great! Good luck downgrading, and YES, (forgot to mention in previous post, that's why i reccomended you straight downgrade ?) battery life is worst than was on EMUI 10, v195!

Krgds,
SilviuO

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs
All done. No problems. Once again thank you.

Reactions: SilviuO

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
Oct 12, 2013
Bucharest
forum.xda-developers.com

bucksbunny

Jan 30, 2009
Utrecht
Thanks for this thread and answers. My P30 pro is also extremely sluggish after this update. Takes up to several seconds (sometimes > 5) to start an app. Scrolling is very laggy al of a sudden. Really not happy with it. Will try to roll back as well.

Update: 11.24: rolling back as we speak. Hoping everything is well again after this

Last edited:

nobozie

Jul 8, 2020
Thanks for this thread and answers. My P30 pro is also extremely sluggish after this update. Takes up to several seconds (sometimes > 5) to start an app. Scrolling is very laggy al of a sudden. Really not happy with it. Will try to roll back as well.
I too experienced the same and had to rollback to 10.0.. Now it is back to normal.. Till we get a proper update, it's better to maintain 10.0..

greg22

Dec 8, 2008
Ljubljana
After downgrading, phone works again smooth and w/o chrashing some apps.
But how can I permanently disable upgrade notifications?
I already turned off wifi and othe3 permissions of upgrading app.

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
Oct 12, 2013
Bucharest
forum.xda-developers.com
After downgrading, phone works again smooth and w/o chrashing some apps.
But how can I permanently disable upgrade notifications?
I already turned off wifi and othe3 permissions of upgrading app.
If you want to stay away from updates beside disable as you did, bellow is the ADB command to remove the update from Settings.
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.huawei.android.hwouc

If you want to update again using OTA, use the reinstall comand.
adb shell cmd package install-existing com.huawei.android.hwouc

Have a great day,
SilviuO

greg22

Dec 8, 2008
Ljubljana
If you want to stay away from updates beside disable as you did, bellow is the ADB command to remove the update from Settings.

Have a great day,
SilviuO
Thanx, friend :fingers-crossed:

xarmx

Mar 26, 2015

Have a great day,
SilviuO
Thank you. I'm a Nova 5T user and already rollbacked to EMUI 10 because of the battery drain issue in 10.1. And this command got rid of my annoyance to the software update notification

For those asking whether rolling back has any difference or not, the answer is yes. The battery is better, OS is snappier. Plus they introduced a bunch of other bloatwares and trivial new functions with EMUI 10.1 so rolling back is the best remedy.

nobozie

Jul 8, 2020

Have a great day,
SilviuO
I updated to 10.1.0.126 and faced all the issues like others. So downgraded to emui 10 and now it's back to normal. Now in the update section, it is showing only the 10.1.0.126 version. My question is how will I know if any higher version is available for update? Say like 10.1.0.133 or higher ( heard the battery issue is fixed in.those). Will it show in the update section if I have emui 10 or I need to update to 126 version to get future updates??
Thanks !