[Q] How to enter recovery mode on Xperia tipo (Dual)

Search This thread

baddunker99

Dec 29, 2012
I am having problem on entering Recovery mode on my Xperia Tipo ( not Dual) .
I have tried some ways like power +volume up , power + home+ volume etc.
Actually the problem is..
My phone got locked (pattern) and I have not setup a Gmail account . My phone is not rooted and I am stuck. :(

gavster26

Feb 10, 2012
In The Xperia Forums ;)
I am having problem on entering Recovery mode on my Xperia Tipo ( not Dual) .
I have tried some ways like power +volume up , power + home+ volume etc.
Actually the problem is..
My phone got locked (pattern) and I have not setup a Gmail account . My phone is not rooted and I am stuck. :(
do you mean clockworkmod recovery because you have to root to install it. sony phones dont have a stock recovery like samsungs

hard91

Nov 18, 2012
PATIALA
No.you can't
You need to download cwm beta ...
And charger must connected to your phone at that time......

Hit thanks if I helped you....

nishuy21

Jan 11, 2013
Delhi
Just install cwm beta for tipo just Google it
After following instructions and installing it
Swith off tipo and Connect to charger and when Sony logo appears
Press volume down repetedly

LioN-HearT

Dec 9, 2012
Easy... Did you enable usn debug. Mode? Then if you enable it download the newest update of CWM Tipo even if its locked.. Then download unlock root. First install unlock root then after you finish installing it. Open it then click on root after that it will ask you if u want to add battery saver.. Then reboot!! Gratz you have now root!! Then unzip the CWM.zip then open install.bat.. Now you have CWM!! :D

Regards:
LioN-Heart

Sent from my sToCk Tipo (Dual) using xda-developers app.

ian77ex

Jul 19, 2011
Havana
I have the Same problem as the OP.

My niece forgot pattern, forgot security question, and I see that this (or maybe all) xperia has no stock recovery. The problem is that USB debugging is not enabled. I can't see the phone via adb. I don't know how to install CWM or TWRP if USB debugging is off.

Is there any way?

I was able to enter fastboot by pressing 3 button 10+ sec while connected USB cable to PC. I have no fastboot drivers for this phone so I got the obvious windows "failure to install drivers" balloon message. I guess I have to download the drivers and flash the phone from the PC. Please let me know if that's the only solution and I will study how to do it. I've flashed a few samsung phones with ODIN3 so there should be some flashing software for Xperia too.

Please Help.
Thank you.

finac94

Jul 30, 2014
Vinkovci
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I have the Same problem as the OP.

My niece forgot pattern, forgot security question, and I see that this (or maybe all) xperia has no stock recovery. The problem is that USB debugging is not enabled. I can't see the phone via adb. I don't know how to install CWM or TWRP if USB debugging is off.

Is there any way?

I was able to enter fastboot by pressing 3 button 10+ sec while connected USB cable to PC. I have no fastboot drivers for this phone so I got the obvious windows "failure to install drivers" balloon message. I guess I have to download the drivers and flash the phone from the PC. Please let me know if that's the only solution and I will study how to do it. I've flashed a few samsung phones with ODIN3 so there should be some flashing software for Xperia too.

Please Help.
Thank you.

I believe you could just download any stock rom for that phone (in .ftf format), put your phone into flashmode (green led light) and flash the firmware using Flashtool. If you need the drivers you just go into the folder where you installed Flashtool and then into the drivers folder and click Flashtool-drivers and find & install flashmode drivers, fastboot drivers and the drivers for your phone.

Jul 31, 2014
Internet
Man you have to install CWM recovery. Sony devices doesn't have any recoveries...3 people had said it to you...

i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore_20.jpg

Last edited:

Ali_Farooq

May 27, 2015
Recovery mode tip

I had this problem and phone was not going in recovery mode with volume up and power button or the volume down and power button. After a lot of tries I held down the volume up+volume down+power button and phone booted in recovery mode. I hope this helps anyone facing similar problems.

hrvooje

Oct 23, 2013
Easy... Did you enable usn debug. Mode? Then if you enable it download the newest update of CWM Tipo even if its locked.. Then download unlock root. First install unlock root then after you finish installing it. Open it then click on root after that it will ask you if u want to add battery saver.. Then reboot!! Gratz you have now root!! Then unzip the CWM.zip then open install.bat.. Now you have CWM!! :D

Regards:
LioN-Heart

Sent from my sToCk Tipo (Dual) using xda-developers app.

Well, it's not easy. It is locked and I don't have usb debug mod enabled.