[Q] How to flash recovery without USB debugging mode activated on a bricked Nexus S?

Search This thread

darkmentor25

May 20, 2012
Hi,

I had flashed the NexusXperia ROM on my Nexus S just recently. After trying it out I restored the stock ICS 4.0.4....

For some reason the phone keeps on showing the HD bootscreen continously without starting up....

I thought of clearing the dalvik and re-installing via restore however now that it's not got any recovery neither is it being detected on my pc....

I remember deactivating the USB debugging mode and probably this could be the reason it's not being detected....

Is there a way to flash recovery without debugging mode switched ON or is there a way to simply switch ON the USB debugging mode from bootloader screen....

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED ON THIS....

I have tried on windows 7 as well as on Ubuntu....but the device is not detected....thanks in advance.....

- DarKmentoR

darkmentor25

May 20, 2012
C:\nexussrootnew> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
< waiting for device >

-------------------------------------------------------------

Just keeps on waiting for the device....adb not able to detect the device too :(

darkmentor25

May 20, 2012
Ok...i can see a "FASTBOOT MODE" written in red when i switch on using Vol+ & Power....

Which mode is it ? Fastboot or Download....? :confused:

SifJar

Jul 30, 2009
Ok...i can see a "FASTBOOT MODE" written in red when i switch on using Vol+ & Power....

Which mode is it ? Fastboot or Download....? :confused:

Fastboot is the mode you need to be in for fastboot.exe to detect the phone. Put it into that mode and try to flash the recovery with fastboot.exe using the command you posted above.

Top Liked Posts