[Q] How to get proprietary binaries

Search This thread

AymanGaafar

Nov 7, 2013
Hello,

I have a 'teclast p81HD' Chinese tablet, which was released with Android 2.3 and later they released 4.0.1.

It is based on RockChip RK2918 CPU
CPU: Cortex A8 1G
RAM: 512 MB

Since Android 4.4 has just been released, I was thinking to compile it from source code and flash it to the device.

By following this guide, every thing should be easy.

One problem is, I don't have the "proprietary binaries", but I have the stock img file of 4.0.1. Is there a way to extract the binaries from the img file ?

Last edited:

mehanik6

Apr 6, 2013
Hello,

I have a 'teclast p81HD' Chinese tablet, which was released with Android 2.3 and later they released 4.0.1.

Since Android 4.4 has just been released, I was thinking to compile it from source code and flash it to the device.

One problem is, I don't have the "proprietary binaries", but I have the stock img file of 4.0.1. Is there a way to extract the binaries from the img file ?

the RKwinTools program, on 4 PDA

Reactions: AymanGaafar

lonegunman

Jan 10, 2004
london
Any chance if i pm you my email you could send RKwintools or a link for it, can't seem to find it anywhere.

lonegunman

Jan 10, 2004
london
Nice one, going to sound a bit silly this but where do you put the .img file for the software to unpack it?

AymanGaafar

Nov 7, 2013
Nice one, going to sound a bit silly this but where do you put the .img file for the software to unpack it?

1. move your *.img file in "_In" folder
2. open Runme.bat in cmd
3. run the "init Tools" command
4. Confirm the copy request

It will then create two folders "Pack" and "Unpack". According to your command the new files will be created in the respective folder
i.e. If you choose to unpack the img file, new files will be created in the "Unpack" folder

hope that helps

Reactions: lonegunman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

the RKwinTools program, on 4 PDA
    Update: the link for the tablet was updated with a more descriptive one.

Can you explain more, what is 4PDA. Is it the Russian site, because I can't understand Russian.

appreciate your time and effort.

yes, 4 PDA it is the Russian site, but the RKwinTools program in English
    I used Google translate and found version 1.3.2, but the links are dead.

If you have any working links can you post them.

thanks again.

I sent to a private office

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

RKwinTools_v132 heavy, RKwinTools_v123 easy

1. move your *.img file in "_In" folder
    2. open Runme.bat in cmd
    3. run the "init Tools" command
    4. Confirm the copy request

It will then create two folders "Pack" and "Unpack". According to your command the new files will be created in the respective folder
    i.e. If you choose to unpack the img file, new files will be created in the "Unpack" folder

hope that helps