• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] how to get whatsapp working on WWE ROM

Search This thread

xtrememanix

Jun 2, 2009
previously before S-off, i was running stock Asia ROM 1.48.1303.33 and whatsapp was able to work properly . but after flashing to WWE_2.00.405.3 (to make sure the revolution s-off exe work) whatsapp stopped working and it says that "we cant identify your device. Please turn off the phone, take out the battery, restart it and try it again."

anyone with possible solutions ?

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
HTC changed the way they identify the IMEI and phone number of your Tablet in 2.XX.XX software versions.
I have been looking for a solution as well but could not figure anything out.
Viber has the exact same problem as it can;t access the IMEI of the Tablet and Force closes.

f_kay

Feb 8, 2011
Hamburg
It doenst work on my flyer with this version....still the same identification problem.

Any other suggestions?

liaobp1983

Dec 16, 2010
Singapore
Exact same problem for me too as with op.. hope can be fix soon..

does software upgrading or flashing custom rom may fix this?

kokkein

Jan 3, 2005
Singapore
previously before S-off, i was running stock Asia ROM 1.48.1303.33 and whatsapp was able to work properly . but after flashing to WWE_2.00.405.3 (to make sure the revolution s-off exe work) whatsapp stopped working and it says that "we cant identify your device. Please turn off the phone, take out the battery, restart it and try it again."

anyone with possible solutions ?

I have the exact problem as you too. Then i install this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1175589 and now Whatsapp and Viber working fine together with the phone function for the Flyer. But the software number now is 1.38.709.7 and the ROM only in English and Chinese.

kokyew

Jan 28, 2006
I have the exact problem as you too. Then i install this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1175589 and now Whatsapp and Viber working fine together with the phone function for the Flyer. But the software number now is 1.38.709.7 and the ROM only in English and Chinese.

Maybe you can try backing up Whatsapp and data by using Titanium Backup, then flash a newer rom, lastly restore Whatsapp and data using Titanium Backup.

Let me know if it works :D

Reactions: kokkein

liaobp1983

Dec 16, 2010
Singapore
I tried just as you said, I backed up whatsapp from my desire and restore it to my flyer. After launching it asked me to enter my phone number. I ignore and reboot coz my bat is running empty.

when I re-launch whatsapp, my chat history from desire was displayed.
Im not sure if it works.

Anyway I decide to flash custom rom now. My gf commented that my flyer is slow on games. and compare it to an Ipad.

xtrememanix

Jun 2, 2009
I tried just as you said, I backed up whatsapp from my desire and restore it to my flyer. After launching it asked me to enter my phone number. I ignore and reboot coz my bat is running empty.

when I re-launch whatsapp, my chat history from desire was displayed.
Im not sure if it works.

Anyway I decide to flash custom rom now. My gf commented that my flyer is slow on games. and compare it to an Ipad.

hmm. did you try sending a message ? i saw in the forum this method works for viber . hmm.

liaobp1983

Dec 16, 2010
Singapore
flashing to i00 rom did not fix this issue, maybe because that rom is base on 2.xx soft number.
Using titanium restore worked diff for me. it uses my phone account not my flyer gsm number.

So I flash another rom, the one from zhangip, which is base from 1.xx soft num.

Whatsapp now works normal, at last. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA App

wwe007

Mar 2, 2011
will it really work after flashing the rom zhangqi ?
my whatsapp is not working at all.
plus how do i get to get the file from zhangqi ?

Top Liked Posts