[Q] How to improve S advance's performance.

Search This thread

BreadCrumb

Oct 15, 2011
Hi Guys,

I bought this Samsung S advance phone by reading & believing it's spec that it will be best mid range phone. But after a week I realized that this is anyone of the worst phone in terms of performance... Too much lag for any activity on this phone, games lag like hell, phone dialer taken 10-15secs to open and what not...

Somewhere, I read that rooting a phone and installing new ROM and some flashing cards can improve the performance of this phone. I'm totally noob in terms of rooting and flashing a mobile. So I need some help.

Can anyone please suggest me, how to do rooting and installing best ROM(i read CyanogenMod is best rom) without missing out any phone features like...many said wifi not working or camera not working after installing ROM.

I know many people might have asked this question and there could be many threads floating around, but its too much confusion for a newbie to understand all this.

So I request any kind soul, please provide steps to do rooting and installing custom rom for a newbie. :eek:

Thanks in advance

Ohh..and by the way my phone specs. Samsung S advance
Model - GT-I9070
OS - 4.1.2
BB version - I9070DDULP8
Kernel - 3.0.31 - 1119559

phyowaiummg

Oct 19, 2012
Myanmar
This thread will help you http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2094318

1st -Root your device (You can do it from stock recovery)
2nd -Download CoCoreE 8.2 kernel and put zip in External Sd
3rd -Download Temporary CWM of Shaaan
4th -Go to recovery mode (Vol up+Home+Power) and flash Temporary CWM
5th -Then flash CoCoreE 8.2 and reboot

Feel smooth and ENJOY on JB!

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Hi Guys,

I bought this Samsung S advance phone by reading & believing it's spec that it will be best mid range phone. But after a week I realized that this is anyone of the worst phone in terms of performance... Too much lag for any activity on this phone, games lag like hell, phone dialer taken 10-15secs to open and what not...

Somewhere, I read that rooting a phone and installing new ROM and some flashing cards can improve the performance of this phone. I'm totally noob in terms of rooting and flashing a mobile. So I need some help.

Can anyone please suggest me, how to do rooting and installing best ROM(i read CyanogenMod is best rom) without missing out any phone features like...many said wifi not working or camera not working after installing ROM.

I know many people might have asked this question and there could be many threads floating around, but its too much confusion for a newbie to understand all this.

So I request any kind soul, please provide steps to do rooting and installing custom rom for a newbie. :eek:

Thanks in advance

Model - GT-I9070
OS - 4.1.2
BB version - I9070DDULP8

I keep this in notepad, to copy/paste. :angel: :D:D:D

1. ROOT. You need to use external SD card, because stock recovery can't use internal to install zip.
2. Download CoCore-E kernel, this onehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2272049&d=1379752265.
3. Unpack zip, and copy kernel.bin.md5 to your phone
4. Install ES file explorer and Universal kernel flash - you can look on its thread if you do not find out how to use it - here. It is simple, tap on Select kernel, choose ES file explorer, find where kernel.bin.md5 is (you copy it, remember where was that), tap on flash kernel image, reboot.
5. Install No-frill CPU, open it and set Governor to PegasusQ and IO Sceduler to SIO.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

This thread will help you http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2094318

LOL, you were faster. :cool:

But maybe my solutions is little easier. :)

Reactions: BreadCrumb

BreadCrumb

Oct 15, 2011
Thanks

1. ROOT. You need to use external SD card, because stock recovery can't use internal to install zip.
2. Download CoCore-E kernel, this onehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2272049&d=1379752265.
4. Install ES file explorer and Universal kernel flash - you can look on its thread if you do not find out how to use it - here. It is simple, tap on Select kernel, choose ES file explorer, find where kernel.bin.md5 is (you copy it, remember where was that), tap on flash kernel image, reboot.
5. Install No-frill CPU, open it and set Governor to PegasusQ and IO Sceduler to SIO.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Thanks to both of you...I will try it this weekend and post the update here :D

And shut_down's solution is much easier with links and all. Thanks

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

Model - GT-I9070
    OS - 4.1.2
    BB version - I9070DDULP8

Good point.

Stay in Ice Age and be cool.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone