[Q} How to increase overall volume output?

Search This thread

NRG1975

Apr 2, 2008
What would be an effective way, without rooting the device, to increase overall output of volume, i.e. earpiece for phone calls, speakers for speakerphone and audio/media, and headphone jack. I might be going deaf, but this is one of the quietest phones I have had.

Last edited:

lex.vr7

Jan 20, 2013
Sony Xperia SP
OnePlus 3T
Install Viper4AndroidFX.

What would be an effective way to increase overall output of volume, i.e. earpiece for phone calls, speakers for speakerphone and audio/media, and headphone jack. I might be going deaf, but this is one of the quietest phones I have had.

Hey there.

I suggest you install Viper4Android FX to increase your overall volume output. It has several options to modify the way sound is reproduced via headset, speaker, and bluetooth audio sources. The only requirement is a rooted Z3C. Cheers!

Please hit thanks if it helped! :)

Reactions: HearseRider

robertkoa

May 27, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
I don't have one but there may be a boost in the menu for Volume.

You can also use the equalizer and boost all bands or the
ones you hear, meaning not very low frequencies since the speakers, earphone transducers don't reproduce those, boost all the mid and medium high frequencies.

SOME Z3Cs are very quiet in Volume , like the one tested at GSM Arena and some are very loud, like this
one:

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact vs HTC One Mini 2: http://youtu.be/Z8UxXtGDOcA

Go to about 16:40 in the Video and you will hear the
Z3 C is louder than HTC M one Mini .

Unfortunately-not ALL Z3 Cs are this loud, according to
my unscientific research before I buy one.

Regardless-I am amazed that a few like you and,GSM
Arena find the phone too quiet and others report opposite.

Youtube Videos are not accurate BUT with two phones side by side still an indication of relative Volumes.

I conclude that SOME Z3Cs are much lower in Volume.

NRG1975

Apr 2, 2008
Hey there.

I suggest you install Viper4Android FX to increase your overall volume output. It has several options to modify the way sound is reproduced via headset, speaker, and bluetooth audio sources. The only requirement is a rooted Z3C. Cheers!

Thanks, but I guess I should have, and thought I did clarify in the original post, that I don't want to root, till an exploit is found that won't wipe the TA. I'll go back and clarify so there is not more confusion.

NRG1975

Apr 2, 2008
I don't have one but there may be a boost in the menu for Volume.

You can also use the equalizer and boost all bands or the
ones you hear, meaning not very low frequencies since the speakers, earphone transducers don't reproduce those, boost all the mid and medium high frequencies.

SOME Z3Cs are very quiet in Volume , like the one tested at GSM Arena and some are very loud, like this
one:

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact vs HTC One Mini 2: http://youtu.be/Z8UxXtGDOcA

Go to about 16:40 in the Video and you will hear the
Z3 C is louder than HTC M one Mini .

Unfortunately-not ALL Z3 Cs are this loud, according to
my unscientific research before I buy one.

Regardless-I am amazed that a few like you and,GSM
Arena find the phone too quiet and others report opposite.

Youtube Videos are not accurate BUT with two phones side by side still an indication of relative Volumes.

I conclude that SOME Z3Cs are much lower in Volume.
To be honest, all Sony products I have had, are super quiet. My Sony Flip 14a was super quiet till a new update came out and fixed it. Walkmans are typically very quiet as well. Shrug, just a thing I suppose.

eriklanden

Aug 12, 2015
I have the same problems with my brand new Z3 Compact. The over all volume is very low, it is okay when in silent environment, but at a bus, airplane, or in a crowded area it is very hard to hear what people say in calls or podcasts etc.
I did a comparison with my friends iPhone, plugged both in to my soundcard, the output from the iPhone is around 20-25% louder. I hate to switch back to iPhone, but this is kind of a big deal. I did a comparison of Z3C and iPhone 5S and the Z3c is about 20% lower. I can not post a link to the youtube-video (got to have 10 posts)

Is there any way to fix this?

pibcs81

Nov 6, 2012
I have the same problems with my brand new Z3 Compact. The over all volume is very low, it is okay when in silent environment, but at a bus, airplane, or in a crowded area it is very hard to hear what people say in calls or podcasts etc.
I did a comparison with my friends iPhone, plugged both in to my soundcard, the output from the iPhone is around 20-25% louder. I hate to switch back to iPhone, but this is kind of a big deal. I did a comparison of Z3C and iPhone 5S and the Z3c is about 20% lower. I can not post a link to the youtube-video (got to have 10 posts)

Is there any way to fix this?

Me too I have installed miui 7 and is coming with some sound mods, it´s better sound with but still isn´t great.

get 10 post as well wiiiii xD

alexspl

Aug 1, 2015
I don't think there's a way of really boosting the overall volume without rooting it.
And please don't start with the EQ bands & other such bs or apps that boost volume without root.

The only alternatives are Viper4Android & a post I saw about editing mixer_paths.xml and modifying some values there, which I did, but I already had Viper4Android installed. So I'm guessing you can't do more than that. But even Viper4Android doesn't give you all that much of a boost. If you're an audiophile and want your music to sound good and not just blast mid-high frequencies like crazy, you'll consider buying a portable amp for music listening.

Hucast_DL

Oct 8, 2015
I have the same problem, so can't boost volume audio without root?... Im on lollipop 5.1.1 Stock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install Viper4AndroidFX.

What would be an effective way to increase overall output of volume, i.e. earpiece for phone calls, speakers for speakerphone and audio/media, and headphone jack. I might be going deaf, but this is one of the quietest phones I have had.

Hey there.

Yes - you need root. There is a simple flashable zip file on this forum that many have flashed with great results. Search using the keyword "xloud"