• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] how to install "http://gearfaces.com/" themes at my gear s

Search This thread

shj92922

Apr 27, 2012
how to install "http://gearfaces.com/" themes at my gear s
i had tried with no luck
any help

psych0tic

May 31, 2014
Watch Styler

You can download Watch Styler from the Gear store for free and use that to push the watchfaces.

ville2000

Aug 13, 2008
When you download the file, you move it to device storage (android/data/...watchstylemanager.gear3.s)location, then in your Watch styler you load the theme you downloaded.

Reactions: shj92922

Uniquebarbee

Oct 29, 2014
The app description specifically mentioned in bold that it does not support Note 4. I remember you have a Note 4.
I also have a Note 3 which I downloaded it on and it did not work I also have a tab S and a Gear 2 and a Gear S. So again why does it not work. I did not install it on my Note 4 but I'm glad you think I did. Maybe the developer should answer thus one as gearfaces. com works for my devices just not the paid app on playstore

Last edited:

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006
I think most of these apps need to be re-worked to work correctly on Gear S. The common mentioned Watch Styler app needs you to manually delete a folder after you created a watch face in order to be able to deploy to Gear S. That really defeats the purpose of a paid app.

MrAwesome75

Oct 2, 2014
Las Vegas
I think most of these apps need to be re-worked to work correctly on Gear S. The common mentioned Watch Styler app needs you to manually delete a folder after you created a watch face in order to be able to deploy to Gear S. That really defeats the purpose of a paid app.

Watch Styler is a free app. But it is very buggy and the lengths you have to go through to load a custom face is ridiculous. It works pretty well for creating custom faces within the app itself, but you're very limited with the amount of customization you can do without resorting to using a custom face like Gear Faces.

You don't need to do anything with the folders if you're just customizing within the app. If you want to make a fully custom face or use something like Gear Faces, you need to create a watch face within the Watch Styler app (on the phone), with all the components in it that you want in your custom watch face. Then you have to go into the folder for that watch face you created (using a computer). You replace all the files in that folder with the custom files you want and rename the new files to match the old file names. Once you have done that, you should be able to load that watch face and instead of being the original watch you made on the Watch Styler app it looks like the custom watch face.

It's not as hard as it seems by reading this, but it's really hard to explain in text. THere are some Youtube videos. I had to read a lot of posts and use a lot of trial and error. After several hours of research and copying and pasting files, I finally got this to work.

Reactions: bttn101

Jeshter2000

Aug 24, 2010
Im the owner of Gearfaces.com and I did not give any permission to make this app please report this app....

bttn101

Dec 16, 2014
gear s watch styler

When you download the file, you move it to device storage (android/data/...watchstylemanager.gear3.s)location, then in your Watch styler you load the theme you downloaded.

I'm having the same problem where I download the zip file from gear face, then put it in the folder you suggested and still not able to load it on my watch styler. Do you have a indepth video online explaining it?

ville2000

Aug 13, 2008
I'm having the same problem where I download the zip file from gear face, then put it in the folder you suggested and still not able to load it on my watch styler. Do you have a indepth video online explaining it?
I do not, I apologize. But this only works with the gear s faces and not the normal gear faces(which are really cool), when you're on the site(gearfaces.com) search (gears) all together and you will see the faces made specifically for the gear s you can download and use this procedure, make sure when you move it, before you can see it you need to load the theme in the watch styler app itself. I hope this helps.

bttn101

Dec 16, 2014
video

Watch Styler is a free app. But it is very buggy and the lengths you have to go through to load a custom face is ridiculous. It works pretty well for creating custom faces within the app itself, but you're very limited with the amount of customization you can do without resorting to using a custom face like Gear Faces.

You don't need to do anything with the folders if you're just customizing within the app. If you want to make a fully custom face or use something like Gear Faces, you need to create a watch face within the Watch Styler app (on the phone), with all the components in it that you want in your custom watch face. Then you have to go into the folder for that watch face you created (using a computer). You replace all the files in that folder with the custom files you want and rename the new files to match the old file names. Once you have done that, you should be able to load that watch face and instead of being the original watch you made on the Watch Styler app it looks like the custom watch face.

It's not as hard as it seems by reading this, but it's really hard to explain in text. THere are some Youtube videos. I had to read a lot of posts and use a lot of trial and error. After several hours of research and copying and pasting files, I finally got this to work.

Can you do a video on youtube?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Video is being made..