[Q] how to make ftf file for xperia play? (2.3.3 rogers)

Search This thread

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
hello

I make a ftf file with flashtool, but when I try to flash it, process stop at "flash loader" and said something like "interrupt" (don't remember)

How can I make a ftf file for xperia play? Because I really want a stock ROM of rogers firmware...

thanks!

Last edited:

Mozza2k11

Apr 21, 2011
How can I make a ftf file for xperia play? Because I really want a stock ROM of rogers firmware...

If i remember correctly. Install SEUS download the 2.3.3 update then install it. Then go to program files (x86) > Sony Ericsson > Update service > db > 13740270 (might be diff?) > blob_fs. Take the 2 biggest files from the blob_fs folder then copy them to a folder on your desktop or something. Then open flashtools and then i think its advanced > decrypt. Then just add the folder from your desktop with the two files in after decrypting it add the files to the right menu (fill in the info top right) and bundle them into a .ftf file. I think thats it lol sorry i cannot be exact since i have never made a .ftf

Last edited:

Mozza2k11

Apr 21, 2011
Why are you wanting to make one? tbh i dont think you will need it. If you are not unlocking your bootloader you can uses SEUS to reinstall stock rogers and even if you unlock your bootloader you can now relock the bootloader thanks to blagus and then use SEUS to take it back to stock rogers

Mozza2k11

Apr 21, 2011
well even if you wanted to make the ftf yourself, you cannot since you have flashed the uk rom the ftf you would have made would be a uk generic ftf since your updates from seus or ota now come from the uk generic not rogers. You will have to get someone still on rogers to make it i thinks :confused:

Last edited:

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
I still have the files from db folder ^^

2.3.2 rogers rooted to 2.3.3 rogers (to get db file) then pass on 2.3.2 uk, don't boot... then reinstall with seus (2.3.3), then retry flash, success, root and update with OTA...

Anyway, just to say.. I have db files XD

Last edited: