[Q] How to NOT backup system apps on Titanium Backup Pro

Search This thread

rrlamichhane

Mar 30, 2013
Hillsboro
I have found this problem with Titanium Backup Pro, have tried to contact their customer service at Titanium Track but haven't received a response yet.

When I backup my phone (all user apps + system data) and restore it in a new rom, I've noticed some unwanted repercussions. Titanium Backup, for some reason, saves the system apps as well (not just the data contrary to the name of batch action), and this causes an issue. For instance, I backed up my Note2 with 4.2 on it which had Allshare cast app, and when I restored it on my Note3 with 4.3 on it, Samsung replaced Allshare cast with Samsung link and screen mirroring. BUT after Titanium restore, I have the Allshare cast in my phone as well, and that I would say is a bloatware for the new rom (ironically I brought Titanium Backup to remove bloatwares!). The problem is not just that, now that's one app that I noticed, there are many other bloatwares in my phone now constantly bugging my memory and performance. This is not cool.

Do any of you guys know how can I backup just my user apps+ user data + system settings WITHOUT backing up the system apps as they will be outdated in every rom update, and also I don't want to lose my system setting every time I install a new rom.

Also, am I doing anything wrong? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: