• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] How to re-enable the stock launcher (or any disabled app)???

Search This thread

repherb

Aug 7, 2008
Milky Way
i am still trying to figure out how to re-enable com.lge.launcher2 as it was disabled and i have no idea how to get it back as primary launcher via command line in ADB.

I can't install it from the SDcard or as an attachment as it says "Application Not Installed" (maybe protected????).

tried "pm install -r com.lge.launcher2 -f" and get:
pkg: com.lge.launcher2 - Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

anyone have any ideas??

gte460z

Nov 18, 2010
Boston
Did you just switch launchers or did you freeze it with nobloat/titanium backup? If you are trying to do it with abd are you doing it from a shell terminal or just adb from a command prompt? Did you issue the su command to give yourself superuser priveledges?

repherb

Aug 7, 2008
Milky Way
I downloaded Go Launcher and switched launchers then did a backup with titanium backup, but when i rebooted after a hard reset (trying things on your phone and screwing up can make that happen sometimes LOL!!) it showed up in TB with a line through it and i cannot restore it, as when i hit restore in TB it hangs at the restore screen.

i am using ADB shell from a PC with XP home.

and yes, after 26 years using computers (and loving linux since 13!!) i did use SU to elevate me to SuperUser.

Last edited:

schwin97

May 26, 2010
Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications

Go to the launcher that you made default and click the 'Clear defaults' button.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

But you may be looking for something more advanced as it sounds like you may have deleted/removed the application?

repherb

Aug 7, 2008
Milky Way
clear defaults for the current launcher is not available, greyed out. I wonder if the LGhome2.apk and obex need to be signed or something. i am stumped.

Here's what i have done so far:

copied the LGHome2.apk and LGHome2.obex to the /system/apps/ directory

changed permissions and ownership to the same as other files in the directory

tried renaming them to com.lge.launcher2.apk and com.lge.launcher2.obex, no change.

pm enable lghome2 -f
and
pm install lghome2 -f

pm enable com.lge.launcher2 -f
and
pm install com.lge.launcher2 -f

I went as far as setting the /system and /system/app to Read/Write for the install.

All i get is:
pm install LGHome2
pkg: LGHome2
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

i'm outta my scope now, HELP!?!

Last edited: