[Q] How to recover deleted files in internal memory

Search This thread

clar83

Sep 22, 2012
I have tried this app before. However, when I plug in my phone the app never detect my phone. I try install an app on my phone to enable usb mass storage, it keep giving me error saying unable to mount the sd card as some app is accessing it. What should I do so the recuva can detect my phone internal memory?

ABC_Universal

Jan 30, 2011
AFAIK you can't. That's one of the many reasons I miss the USB Mass Storage mode, under which both internal memory and sd card can be managed as ordinary USB drives.

clar83

Sep 22, 2012
Thanks for everyone feedback. I think the files are unable to recover back since I wipe it when reboot in recovery mode, it is equal as formatting the sd card.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for everyone feedback. I think the files are unable to recover back since I wipe it when reboot in recovery mode, it is equal as formatting the sd card.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
You can still give it a go by removing and inserting your SD card to a card reader and plug it to your PC/Laptop. Recuva isn't designed to detect and recover files from your smart phone. Instead, it can still recover files from various types of USB or flash devices.

Good Luck otherwise.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
You can still give it a go by removing and inserting your SD card to a card reader and plug it to your PC/Laptop. Recuva isn't designed to detect and recover files from your smart phone. Instead, it can still recover files from various types of USB or flash devices.

Good Luck otherwise.

Read the OP its not a card you cannot remove the internal memory .

Plus why hijack a two month old thread ???

jje

xda_toronto

Nov 19, 2012
Read the OP its not a card you cannot remove the internal memory .

Plus why hijack a two month old thread ???

jje

I have the same issue. I am trying to recover deleted files from the internal storage (sdcard0) I tried recurva as well and it Windows can't detect the storage when in USB Mass Storage. It shows up as a drive but when you click it in Windows it says "Please insert disk".

If I can get the files to show up in Windows while in USB Mass Storage I can then use Recurva.. any help?

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
You can try Undelete from the market .
Otherwise as posted answers .

jje

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
From internally memory? you sure that the deleted files can be recovered?

99% no.

My 2 cents...

You cannot mount as mass storage so no PC software will work.

There are things on the market but you have to pay and many probably wont work.

Think of any lost data as gone forever.

Proactively, get foldersync from play and have it schedule sdcard syncs to the cloud or even better, a home computer wirelessly

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mydonner

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm having a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, I want to recover deleted files in the internal memory, is it possible?
    From internally memory? you sure that the deleted files can be recovered?

99% no.

My 2 cents...

You cannot mount as mass storage so no PC software will work.

There are things on the market but you have to pay and many probably wont work.

Think of any lost data as gone forever.

Proactively, get foldersync from play and have it schedule sdcard syncs to the cloud or even better, a home computer wirelessly

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2