[Q] How to root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830?

Search This thread

samratm

Feb 17, 2011
Bhubaneswar
iamsamrat.com
Hello,

I just got my first Android phone, i.e. Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and I want to know how can I root it. I have searched all over the forum but didn't found any answer, can anyone provide me step by step method how to root it.

Last edited:

jeffdijkstra

Feb 15, 2011
as far as i know,there is no root still for this phone..

Yea, I figured, but you'd think with a similar line of phones (Galaxy) it wouldn't take much of an effort, especially considering the Galaxy Ace is the Galaxy S's his little brother.

I'm not familiar with hardware and the coding but I'm hoping it will be here soon.

tirth_128

Oct 4, 2010
have u guys tried superoneclick. .its suppose to root almst all the android phones. .u can give it a try. .be careful while doing dnt brick ur phone. .n how is this phone in general i was planing to upgrade.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

jeffdijkstra

Feb 15, 2011
have u guys tried superoneclick. .its suppose to root almst all the android phones. .u can give it a try. .be careful while doing dnt brick ur phone. .n how is this phone in general i was planing to upgrade.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

I'ts a very nice phone, I wanted a new phone so I got an Galaxy 3 first due to my budget, however after I returned it because it wasn't quite what I wanted I went for the Ace. It is just SO much faster, smoother, screen feels much better and it's slightly bigger, Ithink it's money well spend and I don't see a reason I would need an even better Samsung phone (Galaxy S).

I'll check out the superoneclick thing, but I'm very scared I might brick my brand spankin' new phone and would have thrown away 330 euro's...

jeffdijkstra

Feb 15, 2011
Ok, I can confirm the SuperOneClick method told me the process went succesful on my Galaxy Ace S5830!

However I am not familiar with rooting before so I will try and figure out how and what I can do etc.

Just letting you guys know it is possible. ;)

jeffdijkstra

Feb 15, 2011
Well it works for me, except when I try to use the rom manager now I can't select my phone model because it isn't in the list, not even any other galaxy phone, wasted 4 bucks on that.. :( any other good method to safely change roms?

Oh and I did try a manual override but the phone won't reboot into recovery mode, the program just freezes for a while and then does nothing.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

Edit:
I just rebooted my phone a couple of times and suddenly it seems to do more things then before (where it gave me continiously messages I couldn't execute the actions or something), gonna check if more things work now. :)

Last edited:

jeffdijkstra

Feb 15, 2011
Ok so I tried to go further with rom manager but eventually it caused my device to brick.. I managed to trade it at the store for a new one pulling of a story
that a factory reset bricked my phone so I recommend that no one attempts on rooting or romming their Ace phones as of yet until skilled developers have cracked the case.

Reactions: Nereida77

thechamp007

Aug 9, 2010
Liverpool
Ok so I tried to go further with rom manager but eventually it caused my device to brick.. I managed to trade it at the store for a new one pulling of a story
that a factory reset bricked my phone so I recommend that no one attempts on rooting or romming their Ace phones as of yet until skilled developers have cracked the case.

Are you sure ? actually Bricking is very vague term can you please describe what actually happened to your phone and what you were trying to do.

For everyone else superoneclick can be safely used to root Galaxy Ace. tested my Self.

Anyone having problem please share, we all can discuss.

Plus For Mods : Guys Can't we have a septate threads for Galaxy ace (Please...)

Reactions: peeter123

tawis

Jun 4, 2010
manila
I successfully root my Galaxy ace using super one click. :) by the way this is my first android phone and my first time to root.

I can now run the NFS Shift, but its dark still wonder why.

MODS: please create separate thread for galaxy ace. thanks...

Skanob

Feb 19, 2011
Perth
I successfully root my Galaxy ace using super one click. :) by the way this is my first android phone and my first time to root.

How much did you bought yours and where? I'm also from the Philippines and still torn, to which one I should get.. Samsung Galaxy Ace or LG Optimus One..

Both has the same processor, Galaxy Ace is pretty much overclocked.

LG Optimus One has a bigger RAM. It's 512MB RAM, but Galaxy Ace only has around 256MB RAM.

Samsung Galaxy Ace has a larger screen than Optimus One. Also Samsung Galaxy Ace's design is much better.

fariz_kd

Feb 18, 2011

please.. what version do you use of superoneclick?:confused:

jeffdijkstra

Feb 15, 2011
Are you sure ? actually Bricking is very vague term can you please describe what actually happened to your phone and what you were trying to do.

For everyone else superoneclick can be safely used to root Galaxy Ace. tested my Self.

Messing around a bit with ROM manager, I was trying to back up my phone firmware, it wanted to reboot, so I let it, then it never booted up again.

The 3 button thing doesn't work (I tried every possible combination, time etc.) and the only thing I was able to reach was the phone being displayed as 'Connecting..' in Kies on my PC.

Basically the screen just seemed it died.

Maybe it has to do with the fact the Samsung Ace didn't show up at all when I needed to confirm my device in ROM Manager (money well spend..) so I tried another one with succes, I assumed I would be able to back up my firmware in case anything went wrong anyway, ironic the backing up actually bricked my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Galaxy Ace Germany rooted with SOC v1.7 :)
    One question. Anyone knows how to root Samsung Galaxy Ace with Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)?

Thanks.

no solution for 2.3.3 root yet. wait for few days buddy or maybe few hours..
    just prey for it... :)
    Hello,

I just got my first Android phone, i.e. Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and I want to know how can I root it. I have searched all over the forum but didn't found any answer, can anyone provide me step by step method how to root it.

OK, Since I don't know for what purpose you are rooting or whether you want to stick with the stuck ROM or not, I'm just going to assume what I'm going to tell you is hopefully what you want. (It's basically what I would do)

Normally people root their phone to go advance & do more stuff with their device but you could make the most out of your phone by installing a custom ROM that has been made just for your phone and suites you the most. and since all custom ROMs are pre-rooted so you would need to root it, basically 1 shot 2 goals. ;-)

anyway lets get to it, here is the step by step instructions:

1.download and flash CMW (clockworkmod recovery) >>>>I'm a link ;-)<<<< once you downloaded this file put it on you SD card next turn the phone off and hold the home button and the power button till the the screen turns on then let go of the power button but hold the home button till you get to recovery mod. there use the volume keys to move to the option you want and home button to select, now you should have something like apply update from sd card or something like that i don't exactly remember but its obvious so don't worry. navigate to the zip file and choose yes install blah blah blah .zip (the file you downloaded) ok? once its completed reboot the phone and now its time to move onto the next step. (everything cool so far ?)

2.now that you have CMW installed its time to install a custom rom so download this file and again put it in your sd. >>>>I'm a link ;-)<<<< cool, now reboot into CMW. home + power again. brilliant you're in CMW right? ok now choose install zip from sd, then navigate to the zip file you downloaded from the link above and flash it. simple as that ;-).

Done!!!! reboot and now you got your self a fast-smooth-awesome phone ;-), and certainly with a lot more functionalities than before. so have fun, let me know if you need more info or... and by the way pressing the thanks button is the way to say thank you around here ;-) ,well if I helped.