[Q] How to Sim Unlock Galaxy Note UPDATED JB [SOLVED]

Search This thread

Dissaor

Jan 23, 2012
this thread is for N7000 not i717, i think people were talking about unlocking the international version not i717 one,
maybe your carreer disabled this function, try searching on the i717 forums and use the Q&A section, they will surely help you :)
by the way, if you bought your phone with a contract, there is a chance of 99.9%, maybe even 100% that it will be locked :( , try swaping sim cards and see if they would work
hope i helped :) .

Well My carreer disabled the function but flashing did the trick

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

84DGR

Oct 4, 2010
Not registered on any network

Put this code in and it will tell you your Sim lock status
*#7465625#

thats the response I get when i do the lock checker, could it be that I have a bad file? I ROMed with ICS stock from singapore as we dont have it yet through Australia

84DGR

Oct 4, 2010
No matter what I do the phone just keeps saying it is registered on any network,

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA premium HD
Devices - 64Gb Asus Transformer Prime rooted .28 Stock ROM
32Gb Asus Transformer completely stock
HTC Sensation XL running 4.0.3 with Musketeer ROM Sense 4.0
Samsung Galaxy S Running 4.0.3
HTC HD2 Leo, overclocked 1.4GHz 1 Gb RAM 4.0.3 tytung ROM, long live the LEO legend

Dissaor

Jan 23, 2012
No matter what I do the phone just keeps saying it is registered on any network,

HTC HD2 Leo, overclocked 1.4GHz 1 Gb RAM 4.0.3 tytung ROM, long live the LEO legend

So what. Have you done?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

84DGR

Oct 4, 2010
so i read some where it didnt matter what Stock ROM i flashed, so i downloaded the open Germany Stock ICS Rom and flashed through Odin 1.85,
After I did this it didnt recognise my Sim card,
I have gone through all the settings and changed the kernel to a safe franco kernel,

I have tried going back to GB ROM stock for Australia and the standard Radio Rom for my region XXKJ4.zip and still not recognising the sim card,

when i type the code into the phone i get a 'not recognised on any network' notice,

Is there a way to flash APN settings to the phone itself through Odin or CWM?

asian_boi

Sep 19, 2009
I tried using it and it doesn't work...
on my galaxy note it showed this really weird code with symbols on it and no numbers and I have no way of entering it into my phone...

With Blessings.

ICS SIM Unlock Problems

While I was on GB ROM i rooted Note and did simulock with SGS2 unlocker, than Samsung released ICS ROM for my operator, and i lost root and SIM unlock, i did rooting as per dr Ketan's instructions (Thank You btw) but i can't get sim unlock anymore, whatever i do when i put in phone SIM card from some other operator, phone asks for Unlock code..... and code *#7465625# when I type it in Phone i get message USSD code running..., and after that Message appears Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

Also tried to unlock with Chainfire's Galaxy S2 SIM Unlock app, but when i start it, it scans mobile for 10 minutes and after that i get message unlock code could not be found...

So is there some option for SIM unlock of ICS or i will have to downgrade to GB and do everything all over again?

And how it is that i lost SIM Unlock in the first place with updateing to ICS?

Phone:
Galaxy Note n7000
Build: IMM76D.XXLRI
Kernel: 3.0.15-N7000XXLRI-CL811902
dpi@DELL167 #3

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy Note N7000 Can be Sim unlocked with this app! : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846451
    It worked for me! and other poeple too.

Be sure to press thanks button if this info helped you!
    Starting from today you can get it in Hungary at Telenor gms provider . And they lock all phones. So 99.99% its locked :)

Hi!

This method can work? :

samsungimeiunlock.com samsung-galaxy-note-unlock
    Why not just ROM from SIM free EU Note using Odin?

I've done it few times over the weekend to restore the phone, it should remove all the carrier crap inc SIM lock.
    Default [Q] Sim Unlock Galaxy Note [SOLVED]

Galaxy note KJ4 Can be Sim unlocked with the "Galaxy_S Unlock" App By HELROZ from the market!!! Using SGS2 unlock method!
    Thanks!
    how can you tell if you have a locked Note besides using a different carrier SIM?

You can check with the following code in the stock phone app

*#7465625#

It should say, network locked-On/off

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

SG Note unlocked from leaving factory in the UK.

As for flashing a rom to remove carrier crap, thats just debranding, flashing a rom or kernel does not affect its network lock status, that is a completely different thing to flashing.

cellunlocker is one of the cheapes and most effective ways, and is guaranteed 100% or your money back.

How do i input the code in my phone, changing the sim, does not works, it just sits there and says, networklocked, as of using ussd code: #7465625*638*Code# it says invalid MMI