[Q] How to Stream 300+ gigs of music from tablet

Search This thread

Jackzoor

Oct 31, 2011
Hello everyone !

I am currently looking for the best way to stream my 300+ gigs of music from my tablet and I am looking for the best and easiest way to do it.

What I have right now as devices are

a Laptop (which is were the music is right now)

a Ps3

No External drives yet

My Galaxy Tab 2

I was thinking of maybe buying an external HDD with a kind of bluetooth / DLNA connectivity to host the mp3

since the laptop isnt at home/open all the time when I wanna grab my tablet.

I Also thought about Cloud storage... But im not sure I could host 300+ gigs of mp3 free on the net... and if possible I dont wanna waste too much internet data.

So at the end I thought I would just ask the pros.

Thanks a lot guys !!

Last edited:

Droidlover123

Jul 8, 2012
Hello everyone !

I am currently looking for the best way to stream my 300+ gigs of music from my tablet and I am looking for the best and easiest way to do it.

What I have right now as devices are

a Laptop (which is were the music is right now)

a Ps3

No External drives yet

My Galaxy Tab 2

I was thinking of maybe buying an external HDD with a kind of bluetooth / DLNA connectivity to host the mp3

since the laptop isnt at home/open all the time when I wanna grab my tablet.

I Also thought about Cloud storage... But im not sure I could host 300+ gigs of mp3 free on the net... and if possible I dont wanna waste too much internet data.

So at the end I thought I would just ask the pros.

Thanks a lot guys !!

A hard disk will be a good idea...also if u dunno wanna but a HD with bluetooth or dlna u can check tab 2 accessories section for HDs that tab 2 support via OTG cable...
(is there is no thread than u can make one asking suggetions for supported models)

and if u get no reply go and but a dlna/bluetooth one it will be best one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~iPod~nano~

Sep 16, 2011
Jakarta
I use very easy and dirty solution -> enable FTP server on my PC...

and all other android/windows device, stream via FTP, or download for a temporary
I have a small VPN servers (mikrotik) , and I connect via VPN if I am outside my own wifi...

cons: in samsung music player, you can't minimize the player when streaming. on xperia walkman, you can minimize the walkman without stopping your music