Question [Q] How to stream Android audio output to UPnp/Airplay/DLNA ... whatever

Search This thread

cdvddt

Jan 1, 2013
Hi,

I have got several android devices (HTC Legend; Asus Transformer) and also a media player box (Freebox) that supports both AirPlay and Upnp.
I am very disappointed to see that Android (out of the box, or any app) does not support streaming the raw audio output from this devices to the air (Wifi).

I mean, there are (billions) of apps out there that pretend to be able to share your media with DLNA.
They work more or less.
But it seems not possible to send the very output of the sound card other the Air.

Hence, it is not possible to stream Spotify,Grooveshark,SoundCloud,Youtube .. music to my nice Wifi devices.

iPhone/Pad users are able to send their audio through the Air, since AirPlay is built-in iOS.
Why couldn't I ?

After some research, I found why there is no such app on Android market :
It seems that the Android API purposely prevent from recording / accessing the low level audio output.
It might be to prevent people from ripping / downloading music that is only streamed to them.

So my question is :
Is there some work done to enable output audio capture / streaming for rooted devices ?
Either with an App or in alternative mod (Cyanogen ?)

Please point me to some resource, or advice me where I could post
a feature request for Cyanogen.

Thanks in advance,
Raphael

Batou069

Nov 22, 2012
NFC City
www.tapmy.biz
I also wanted to know if there is a possibility to stream music from my phone (Google music play) to my PC like airplay?
Before buying expensive Bluetooth speakers I'd consider the airplay option

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

joshuata

Mar 8, 2013
One solution that would work is to implement the pulse audio system into android. Pulse naively allows transparent network streaming, and it would even be possible to set application specific rules for streaming. If this could be combined with an automation app such as tasker, it would be possible to set the playback target based on active app, location, etc...
The link below directs to the blog of Arun Raghavan who had already ported pulse audio to the Galaxy Nexus. Perhaps if enough people requested this feature in a ROM such as Cyanogenmod, support would be expanded.

arunraghavan(dot)net/2012/01/pulseaudio-vs-audioflinger-fight/

evilspoons

Nov 21, 2010
Add another one to the list. I used to play my iPod touch with my Airport Express all the time but I have no solution for sending audio from the Rdio App on my Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 to my stereo(s). Hopefully someone sorts something out eventually!

Jackie78

Dec 14, 2011
Hi,

has anybody ever requested this to Google? I wonder why they don't implement it.

In the meanwhile, which app works best for streaming music using XBMC for Android to DLNA receivers? I can set XBMC as a UPNP server, but I have to use my receiver to control it, but instead, I want to use XBMC on my Android tablet to select songs actually. Why is this not possible?

schubi82

Jan 16, 2008
Hi,

has anybody ever requested this to Google? I wonder why they don't implement it.

In the meanwhile, which app works best for streaming music using XBMC for Android to DLNA receivers? I can set XBMC as a UPNP server, but I have to use my receiver to control it, but instead, I want to use XBMC on my Android tablet to select songs actually. Why is this not possible?

Try BubbleUPNP for streaming music to/from any DLNA device! For Videos/Youtube I prefer iMediaShare.

Haldi4803

Hi,

Because of copyright issues ? What else... -.- Just imagine playing all your DMR secured songs over Wifi!

IMHO BubbleUpnp + Semper video Links does kinda fine for Youtube.

i think the XBMC android app is bugged whats DLNA, cant stream to/from my smartphone running 12.1 or 13 apk

ergosteur

Aug 14, 2008
Toronto
Been looking for this too... I'd be happy with an app that allows you to just pick your source and stream it to AirPlay/AirPort Express or a UPnP device. I often use TuneIn radio on iOS to stream internet radio to my Yamaha receiver or AirPort.

Closest I've found is Honey Player, it has streaming radio and AirPlay, but I can't find the stations I want to listen to in the list they have.

c-stam

Nov 8, 2008
I also wanted to know if there is a possibility to stream music from my phone (Google music play) to my PC like airplay?
Before buying expensive Bluetooth speakers I'd consider the airplay option

Thanks

Bubble UPNP has the ability to play your Google Play Music files from the cloud to a DLNA device, like a PS3, Xbox, or any DLNA client. Very handy for showing off to your friends when they brag about their airplay:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...vbS5idWJibGVzb2Z0LmFuZHJvaWQuYnViYmxldXBucCJd

I use iMediaShare for streaming all other local files and youtube videos:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...lt#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5iaWFub3IuYW1zIl0.

xopah

Jun 5, 2012
Berlin
Another one to the list.
I'we been looking for this fot months!
With a raspberryPI or a airport lying around that fits perfect as a reciever I want my android to stream direct to that over wifi when I get home through the door.
In my opinion UPnP is not an option as Spotify is the thing that is interesting for me.

Please, is there at least any progress on this topic for us?

moneycow

Nov 9, 2011
Can I use wifi just like BT to sent sound to other devices on same network ?

RE: Can I use wifi just like BT to sent sound to other devices on same network ?

I have a Mini PC that does not have a blue tooth built in and it also does not have any form of audio out connection to external sound system.

Buying a HDMI sound splitter to get an audio connection out would be costly.

Since I already have a android mobile phone. And my MINI PC is also running on android.

I want to make use of wifi to send movie sounds to my handphone and I use a 3.5mm audio plug to connect it to my home amplifier.

can someone advise me how this can be done via wifi ?

Both device sharing same wifi network :)

Please advise if its possibl;e if it is , how to ?

many Thanks to all of you out there :)

I heard about DLNA and UPNP thing but i don't quite understand how to utilise them.
BUT I know my Mini PC and my mobile phone is DLNA compliant. :)

Thanks again

toerpa

May 2, 2013
The closest thing to an answer was from this guy. But I hope he has developed any programs yet.. If any of you could ask him that would be great!

stackoverflow.com/questions/14495644/how-to-capture-output-stream-of-audio-in-android

I got this working, with some help, and only partially.

I started off with the code at emeadev.blogspot.com/2009/09/raw-audio-manipulation-in-android.html, changed File's streams to Socket's streams, and changed the isAvailable() to if(inputStream.read(byteArray) != -1).

Live streaming of audio over TCP is happening now.

However,

All I hear at the other end is noise, and I am now hunting for correct set of parameters for AudioRecorder and AudioTrack - the frequency, channel config and encoding, audio source etc.

If you have any idea about this, please let me know.

Thanks,

EDIT: It was a stupid error on my part. In addition to all I have said above, use inputStream on player side and outputStream on recorder side, and byte arrays instead of shorts and it will work. :)

donverse

Sep 8, 2010
Google Pixel 4a
Ok guys, I'm with you on this one. I want to stream Spotify from my PC or Android and be able to control it with either one of my devices. How can it be so diffcult? There are far more impressive solutions out there. Maybe Google is coming up with a long rumored multi room system this I/O?
That'd be great. I just cannot understand how there is no ****ing solution to this SIMPLE problem it drives me so crazy, it just feels like 15 years ago, that I have to connect my stereo via AUX cable to my computer or smartphone.
I am going insane.

juicejuice

Jul 15, 2007
Gold Coast
Maybe this will come with Key Lime Pie?? but it is a big omission at this stage. All I am personally looking to do is send music to some speakers without having to run cables all over the place.

schubi82

Jan 16, 2008
How about Airplay on Android AOA Service software can be found from Play store.
I'm new user so I cannot post direct link.

Does it's job on S3 and streams all audio to Raspberry Pi.

Sounds good if you have a rooted device... Unfortunately I don't have one and the reviews aren't very good. Maybe I root my device if there are more good ratings...

Aug 27, 2007

Perfect, thread over. Thanks!

EDIT: This worked for me because I was using a software solution that could be DLNA or Airplay. This works for Airplay (Shairport-4w software), but it didn't see my DLNA players (SqueezeLite).

Last edited:

funtax

May 13, 2013
AirAudio

Have a look at "AirAudio" on the play-market.
It can stream every audio of your Android via AirPlay.

It seems to be more stable and looks much more better than AOA.

You can also test it for free.

Reactions: kentoe and elpy909

Pjuuti

Feb 25, 2013

I tested AirAudio before AOA and it is better looking but it isn't working on my S3 or Acer Iconia tablet.
But every phone/tablet is different and usually on different rom or kernel so everyone chooses what's working for them.
Good thing you brought up the alternative :good:. Both are free to test. AOA has 15min refund option.

AirAudio caused bootloop on my S3 if I add audio-extension, so I had to factoryreset and install rom again. AOA won't change anything permanetly so it's safer I think.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Soundcloud via DLNA/UPnP

First up an overview. [Update] It seems Eyecon and their Taglists app doesn't work any more.

Background: I have a friend who owns an Android tablet and currently plays via DLNA/UPnP music on his TV. What I know: he currently can only play his own MP3s from his home network and he found a solution to play Youtube videos.

My problem: I wanted to listen to artists on Soundcloud or Spotify the last time I visited him. It seems that for Soundcloud there is an solution according to what noddymini has posted already
    noddymini said:
    In the mean time you CAN share Soundcloud with a dlna device from your android, using Skifta

I'm going to recommend that to him. I can't test it myself, that is why I hope you might take a look at it, as well. But besides Skifta I also found a possible solution today. I know I know. Signing up as a new user and the first post is about an app recommendation looks suspicious. But it isn't. Here is what I found with Google (google. com/search?q=Android+Soundcloud+DLNA) and (play.google .com/store/search?q=UPnP+OR+DLNA+soundcloud+&c=apps) today (besides these comments here) is this app named Eye-C Taglists created by Eyecon, via a news article written by Joe Sirianni on talkandroid .com. I'm not allowed to post links as a new user, so I'm quoting their article and the descriptions from the Google Play Store:

talkandroid.com said:
    Stream Playlists Of Videos, Pictures And Music To DLNA Devices With Eye-C Taglists

At any point, just push play, and the feed comes to life – on your phone, TV, Apple TV (even from an Android phone), PC and more.

Here’s How It Works:

Step 1 – Find videos, pictures and music you think are interesting in YouTube, Facebook, Picasa, and now SoundCloud.
    Step 2 – Play your picks on your mobile phone, connected TV, Apple TV or other Airplay and DLNA devices.
    Step 3 – Play content individually or as taglists. These lists can come from your friends, or they can come from users tagging a video with a certain term, like #startaparty.
    Step 4 – Easily add another video, song, or picture to that list, by tagging it #startaparty – and watch your playlist change and grow as people interact with it.

So if you’ve been looking for an app to supply an endless stream of content from multiple users and platforms like YouTube, Picasa, Facebook and your own personal music playstist, Eye-C Taglists can deliver. The application will work on most Android devices but can also play on hansets supporting DLNA (wireless push content).

[QUOTE="Eyecon" app on Google Play Store]
    Eyecon - The only app that allows you to search, preview and stream videos, music and photos from local DLNA/UPnP media servers and the internet, send it to your networked TV, audio device or UPnP renderer for a shared experience! Eyecon turns your Android device into your home media manager remote control.
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Taglists by Eye-C" app on Google Play Store]
    Eyecon - Called "automagical" by Gizmodo, Taglists™ lets you create and share playlists that mix free music, videos, and photos from multiple places, including Facebook, YouTube, Picasa, and SoundCloud.
    - Create a Taglist by tagging songs, videos, and photos with the same hash-tag
    - Share Taglists on Twitter and Facebook automatically, and let friends add to your playlist to build your own shared channel that others can watch on any computer
    - Play Taglists on your Android phone or use Airplay or DLNA to play them on connected TV, A/V receivers, iPod docks, stereos, Apple TV and more.
    Tech Specs (the geeky stuff)
    Eye-C plays on your Android phone with an OS Version higher than 2.1. It also plays on other screens and speakers using both Airplay and DLNA standards, which means it can play back on devices including A/V receivers from Pioneer, Denon, Yamaha, Sony and more, connected TVs from Samsung, LG, and Panasonic, set top boxes including WD (Western Digital) and Popcorn Hour, as well as Xbox 360 (with Windows Media Player enabled. Make sure it's on and THEN look for other players. When it works, give us 5 stars – this was hard!).
    Note: Taglists now supports Airport Express on Android versions greater than 2.1. It doesn't work well on some Android tablets or some HTC Android phones (Eris and Hero) – we're working hard to correct this, and we expect improvements in the next few weeks.
    [/QUOTE]

And there is an app called "2Player" by Robin Davies.

2player said:
    The 2player Network Media Player is a full-featured Android media player for Windows home networks. "Play From" or "Play To" Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers, XBox 360s, as well as other network devices that support the Windows "Play From" and "Play To" protocols. Play music from your Windows 7 and 8 "My Music" collections directly on your phone; or play music on your phone on a DLNA® TV; or remotely from your media server to your Xbox 360! Music, video, and slideshows everywhere, where you want it, when you want it.
    Features:
    - Play content from built-in Windows 7 and Windows 8 media servers.
    - Play content from DLNA® and UPNP-AV® network media servers.
    - Remotely control DLNA and UPNP-AV "play-to" devices.
    - Remotely control other Android devices running 2player 2.0
    - Built in media server provides media to other DLNA and UPNP-AV devices.
    - Sync via Wi-Fi from "My Music" collection, or from network storage devices.
    - Long-click to download music to your phone from Windows 7 and Windows 8 media shares and network media servers.
    - Works on Google TV! An ideal target device for your phone or tablet.
    - Works with most UPNP-AV and DLNA media servers, TVs, and media renderers.

And there is an app called "Private Dancer" from 'Apps by Ken'.

Private Dancer said:
    Private Dancer is a UPnP Media Renderer for Android. It is designed to be used on a device attached to speakers and power. Unlike other UPnP Android applications, Private Dancer is designed for always-on (headless) use. It contains no flashy UI and its only purpose is to provide a rock-solid, dependable wireless audio service for your home network.
    What is a UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer?
    The name is awkward but Private Dancer essentially provides wireless speakers for your network. It relies on the UPnP* protocol to communicate with other devices on the network. Many devices support this protocol and there are many Android apps available that can be used to send audio to Private Dancer.
    What is meant by 'headless'?
    While Private Dancer can be used on any Android device, it sports features that make it ideal for a tablet or unused Android phone that can be connected to speakers and power. The service can run on boot and aims to be always available, and generally once setup does not require direct user interaction.
    How does it work?
    Install the application and run it. Select startup options and enable the service. Once enabled, a notification appears and the UPnP/DLNA service is available on the network. Connect to the service via a supported UPnP client, such as Samsung's AllShare media application to play music from your phone or other UPnP device.
    Feature List
    -UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer
    -Configurable to start automatically on boot (survives loss of power)
    -Configurable to prevent device from entering sleep mode (always on)
    -Configurable to allow or prevent clients from changing the volume
    -Configurable the name of the service
    Testing
    Private Dancer has been tested with the following UPNP / DLNA players:
    - 2Player v1.1.07 (Android)
    - BubbleUPnP 1.3.1.2 (Android)
    - UPnPlay 0.0.62 (Android)
    - Samsung AllShare 2.6.114 (Android)
    - Microsoft Windows Media Player (Windows 7)

And there is an app called "DK UPnP /DLNA Player Pro" by JerryChen.

DK UPnP /DLNA Player Pro said:
    DLNA / Upnp / Shoutcast / Aupeo / Mp3Tunes /Internet radio / Streaming
    With DK Dlna/Upnp Player not only can access music, videos, and images from your media server and listen to it on your Android phone, but also stream cloud music and internet radio to UPnP™/DLNA® media renderers.
    Features
    - Stream Music, Images and Video from UPnP™/DLNA® media server through AIR Music control to UPnP™/DLNA® media renderers or local play.
    -Stream Cloud Music from “MP3Tunes” to your android phone or UPnP™/DLNA® media renderers. You can upload mp3 files to MP3Tunes. It provides free capacity up to 2GB.
    -Stream Internet Radio to your android phone or UPnP™/DLNA® media renderers.The Internet Radio services incluse ShoutCast , Aupeo and Mp3Tunes.com
    -Remotely controls network media renderers that are supported media server "Android Player" functionality.
    -No additional software or configuration required.
    -Control a media renderer from your Android phone.

And there is an app called "BubbleUPnP" by Bubblesoft.

BubbleUPnP said:
    BubbleUPnP is a full featured UPnP/DLNA Control Point, UPnP Media Renderer and UPnP Media Server. Play easily your music, videos and images on your phone and devices on your network (DLNA TVs, XBMC, WMP, ...), from your external UPnP Media Servers. Play your phone/tablet media to those devices.
    Browse and play your local phone/tablet media from other devices (PS3, ...).
    BubbleUPnP can also be used as a standalone music player, even without any network connection.
    Free version has some limitations (see end of this description) that can be removed by purchasing the BubbleUPnP License app.
    Optional Internet Streaming:
    More than just regular LAN streaming, BubbleUPnP offer the unique feature to stream efficiently your media via the Internet over a mobile or WiFi connection. Internet streaming requires installing server software "BubbleUPnP Server" running on Windows, MacOS X, Linux or a NAS (it is not required for regular LAN streaming, see NOTE below). To learn more about BubbleUPnP Server and Internet streaming visit http://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver
    NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL BUBBLEUPNP SERVER FOR REGULAR UPNP/DLNA LAN STREAMING.
    Please submit any feedback and issues on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1118891. For issues you can contact me directly as there is no way I can contact you with Market comments.
    Features:
    - Tablet, ICS, GoogleTV support, landscape mode
    - stream music and videos from your UPnP/DLNA Media Server (Twonky, Asset UPnP, any NAS with UPnP, ...) to your Android device.
    - Codecs supported for audio local playback: with system decoders: MP3, AAC (without DRM), WMA, Ogg Vorbis. With app's own decoders: WAV, FLAC, ALAC, LPCM. Samplerates > 48Khz and 24 bits supported for FLAC, WAV.
    - Video playback is delegated to an external app (VPlayer, MoboPlayer, DICE Player,...)
    - stream music/videos from your UPnP/DLNA Media Server to your UPnP renderers with regular playback controls (play, pause, seek, volume, ...).
    - UPnP Media Server (Android 2.2+): play your local phone/tablet media to other devices or to your Android device (standalone media player). Browse and play your local phone/tablet media from other devices (PS3, WMP, ...). Able to browse the SD Card.
    - UPnP renderer: control media playback of your android device from another UPnP Control point
    - Internet streaming/downloading over a mobile or WiFi connection with BubbleUPnP Server
    - UPnP tethering with BubbleUPnP Server (makes Media Servers from a LAN visible on another LAN)
    - Download tracks, full albums and videos from your Media Server to your android device (with covers if available), to make them available in your favorite Android music and media player
    - can play additional media to renderer through 3rd party apps: podcasts (Pocket Casts), shoutcast radio (XiiaLive), youtube,dailymotion,... (semperVidLinks)
    - Gallery-like image viewer
    - Mute / Repeat / Shuffle
    - Editable playlist to queue tracks for playback
    - Fully editable saved playlists
    - Shuffle Playlist
    - Shuffle Library (shuffle tracks from your entire Media Server)
    - Scrobbling support
    - Sleep Timer
    - Display album art
    - Display artist info from Last.fm (requires Last.fm app)
    - Powerful UPnP Search. Search for tracks, albums, artists and videos (exact support depends on Media Server)
    - Bookmarks. Access quickly albums and folders
    - Random track list generation. Discover forgotten gems in your Library
    - Multiple selection. swipe many items to apply a common operation

And there is an app called "MediaHouse-Pro UPnP / DLNA" by DIWAKAR BHATIA.

MediaHouse-Pro UPnP / DLNA said:
    Stream music, videos, movies and pictures from PC, NAS or any other device running UPnP/DLNA compliant media server.
    MediaHouse Pro powers your device i.e. phone, tablets or google TVs with the following capabilities:
    1. Automatic scan of your home network over Ethernet or Wifi to identify PC, NAS or any other device running UPnP/DLNA media server.
    2. Shows capabilities of the scanned servers by dividing them into two categories, one from which you can serve content i.e. called Play From and others to which you can play that content i.e. called Play To.
    3. Use MediaHouse Pro as a browser, player or controller.
    4. MediaHouse Pro can control playback of content from a Media Server (called - Play From) to a Media renderer (called - Play To).
    5. Movies - Spice up your movie libraries with posters, backdrops, actors and more information gathered from online sources such as TMDb.
    6. Favorites - Save several level deep albums and folders from one or multiple media servers and get direct one click access to their content.
    7. Play lists - add, delete, rename music play lists. Last played audio tracks are automatically saved.
    8. Search your big server libraries for albums, artists, video, images by their title.
    9. Download - albums, folders and individual media items to your device for offline play.
    10. Random play - discover hidden gems in your library by letting app select music for you.
    11. Built in music player with options to seek, pause, play, loop, shuffle and repeat.
    12. Build in photo viewer with slideshow option.
    13. Image Colors are picked from album art or photos to beautify now playing and photo view screens.
    14. Time saver folder options like search audio and play or search images and arrange them in a slideshow.
    15. Remembers your server selection and uses it in subsequent runs.
    16. Video play in NOT BUILT IN and MediaHouse uses other applications installed on your device. We recommend installing MXPlayer or BSPlayer, Moboplayer etc... They have support for many HD video file formats.
    17. Support for Landscape mode
    18. Displays album art and album thumb nails
    19. Further Tips are available via menu option

And there is an app called "aloba Player" by aloba ag, Switzerland.

aloba Player said:
    Ever dreamed about having a media player providing all the common features and cool other stuff as well? All packed together in a simple to use user interface?
    Well, then you should definitely give alobaPlayer a try and enjoy its features, such as:
    * Quick song-browsing
    * Amazingly simple organization of playlists
    * Download songs “over the air” and enjoy them offline
    * Manage playlists offline
    * Connect as client to UPnP/DLNA clouds: Twonky, Plex, Windows Media Player, XBMC, PS3 Media Server and many more
    * Play songs from your local music folder
    * Play MP3, WAV, and other formats
    * AB-repeat
    * single click random play

Here is a video link from beet tv that I can't post as new member:
    beet .tv /2011/02/new-1.html

beet.tv said:
    With the rapid rise in tablet and smartphone adoption, a number of apps and tech tools have emerged that allow users to stream videos from their mobile devices back to the TV.

They include Airplay, Skifta, Eyecon, Rovi and Snapstick. For the rundown on how to stream your smartphone videos on your TV, check out this week's New Media Minute.

Here is another video link that I can't post as new member:

tvroi .net /support/viewbody_video .php?code=data1&page=1&number=10&keyfield=&key=

tvroi .net said:
    How to send AV contents in your smart phone to TV with TVroi after executing TVroiDMR in TVroi.

1. Execute TVroiDMR in TVroi after downloading and installing Smartphone to TV app (TVroiDMR) in Top18 page of TVroi Market.
    2. Execute DLNA application in your smart phone (Android phone or I-Phone)

* DLNA application for your phone are in app store in your phone. Please select and install it into your phone.
    * Examples - Android phone : iMediaShare, Skifta, Eyecon, I-phone : iMediaShare, Mediaconnect

So it seems there are at least THREE app solutions for Android:
    a) Skifta
    b) Eyecon (as well as) Taglists by Eye-C
    c) iMediaShare

I also just found the "PS3 Media Server"

PS3 Media Server said:
    PS3 Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server.
    Originally written to support the PlayStation 3, PS3 Media Server has been expanded to support a range of other media renderers, including smartphones, televisions, music players and more - all of which are listed on the right.
    Because it is written in Java, PS3 Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
    The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration.
    It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR and AviSynth, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats.

This is a mature project, with a number of plugins available for streaming from sources such as Grooveshark and SoundCloud as well as some on-demand TV providers.
    dradovic said:
    SoundCloud for PS3 Media Server
    Hi all. I just wanted to announce that I've started to develop a SoundCloud plugin. It is called SoundCloud4PMS or SoundCloud4PS3
    I'm happy to announce the new version v0.3 which enables you to not only play your favorites but also to browse and listen SoundCloud in general.
    I'm happy to announce the new version v0.4 which adds support for browsing and listening Sets and incorporates a fix due to a change of the SoundCloud API.

this plugin does work for me (at least for "favorites") using my android phone as renderer

As said, I can't link to this stuff directly as a new user, just search for it. And as said I can't test it myself. Going to recommend it to my friend next weekend and I hope one of these solutions plays Soundclound quite well.
    Hi,

I have got several android devices (HTC Legend; Asus Transformer) and also a media player box (Freebox) that supports both AirPlay and Upnp.
    I am very disappointed to see that Android (out of the box, or any app) does not support streaming the raw audio output from this devices to the air (Wifi).

I mean, there are (billions) of apps out there that pretend to be able to share your media with DLNA.
    They work more or less.
    But it seems not possible to send the very output of the sound card other the Air.

Hence, it is not possible to stream Spotify,Grooveshark,SoundCloud,Youtube .. music to my nice Wifi devices.

iPhone/Pad users are able to send their audio through the Air, since AirPlay is built-in iOS.
    Why couldn't I ?

After some research, I found why there is no such app on Android market :
    It seems that the Android API purposely prevent from recording / accessing the low level audio output.
    It might be to prevent people from ripping / downloading music that is only streamed to them.

So my question is :
    Is there some work done to enable output audio capture / streaming for rooted devices ?
    Either with an App or in alternative mod (Cyanogen ?)

Please point me to some resource, or advice me where I could post
    a feature request for Cyanogen.

Thanks in advance,
    Raphael

AirAudio

AH HA!
    after hours of searching I find I'm not the only one searching for this!!!
    I too would love to have this function, I currently use the Last.fm app on my phone but would love to sream it to my upnp/dlna hifi, I used to use the xbmc last.fm addon but since last.fm made changes to their api it no longer works :(
    Still, I will keep searching and if I find a way I'll let you know, it seems such a simple idea, surely a missing link.
    In the mean time you CAN share Soundcloud with a dlna device from your android, using skifta, its a bit limited but does work well..... no if only they would add a last.fm channel.

Cheers for listening

M.