[Q] How to tighten Micro USB Flaps

Search This thread

EnzoDC

Feb 27, 2014
Is there any remedy or way to tighten the micro usb flap? It gets loose over time, except the jack, the jack for earphones is tightly covered whereas the Micro USB flap is getting loose overtime.. Im scared that it might soon be too lose that water would get in.

My question, is there any way to tighten/ secure it, or some piece of ornament to tighten things around it? Styrofoam of some sort idk.. or some adhesive to tighten it.. please help me out. This is for all of us.. thank you!

glukasil

Sep 28, 2006
Not sure about tightening but you can use silicone paste to make it more waterproof.....also buy external dock to charge to avoid using use

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Free mobile app

LotoTutu

Dec 30, 2013
Is there any remedy or way to tighten the micro usb flap? It gets loose over time, except the jack, the jack for earphones is tightly covered whereas the Micro USB flap is getting loose overtime.. Im scared that it might soon be too lose that water would get in.

My question, is there any way to tighten/ secure it, or some piece of ornament to tighten things around it? Styrofoam of some sort idk.. or some adhesive to tighten it.. please help me out. This is for all of us.. thank you!
No. I suggest you to get a new USB flap so that keep the phone waterproof.

ronaldbeti

Oct 22, 2013
Jesselton
Try cleaning the rubber. Make sure there is no dust or any dirt.

Sent from my Xperia ZR using XDA Premium 4 mobile app | Rooted Stock Rom 4.4.2 | Locked Bootloader

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone