[Q] How to turn it on without a power button?

Search This thread

iwiber

Nov 22, 2012
Hello
I saw on the internet that few guys succeeded to turn the phone on without the power button working... But I can't make it happen.
I just want to turn it on to back it up, any tips? It's not rooted.
Thanks

MeniscusKing

May 22, 2015
Hello
I saw on the internet that few guys succeeded to turn the phone on without the power button working... But I can't make it happen.
I just want to turn it on to back it up, any tips? It's not rooted.
Thanks

Try holding volume down and plugging the phone into a charger while doing so. On my current HTC Desire 601 it allows me to get to the recovery menu and I can reboot the phone from there into Android. Let me know if that helps!:good:

iwiber

Nov 22, 2012
Try holding volume down and plugging the phone into a charger while doing so. On my current HTC Desire 601 it allows me to get to the recovery menu and I can reboot the phone from there into Android. Let me know if that helps!:good:

It didn't work :( I have 2 desire at home and tried on both and didn't worked :(

MeniscusKing

May 22, 2015
It didn't work :( I have 2 desire at home and tried on both and didn't worked :(
That's quite odd it didn't work but it could be because my HTC Desire 601 is rooted. I wonder... Did you happen to leave the fastboot option on in the power settings? I'm going to run a few trials to see if I can replicate your issue when I get home and see if there is a way to use a fastboot command from the charging screen. How long did you hold the volume down button? For mine I hold it down until I get to the recovery menu. It will flash the charging screen for a few seconds and after a while go into recovery.

Edit: So I found out through experimenting that my phone is set up to always go into recovery no matter what when I plug in the charger while the phone is off so I'm not sure if I can directly assist you until my new device comes in the mail.

Last edited:

exothermic_tzy

Apr 13, 2015
You could try removing the battery and putting it back, and it might reboot. If you're able to turn it on, you may want to try installing an app called Gravity Screen. Basically it makes use of your phone's proximity sensor turn the screen on and off.

lee 0151

Apr 20, 2017
hello ive got a htc drsire 601 an my power is broke an I cant urn it on ive tried to hold the volume button down an that dosent work is there any other way to turn it back on?

Apopsi

Aug 11, 2015
SOLUTION: Just bye the replacement flex cable from aliexpress

Go to the YouTube and look for "HTC 601 replacement flex cable power button".
Its easy to do.
Go to the aliexpress.com and look for
"For HTC Desire 601 Power Button Switch On/Off with Flex Cable Replacement"
It's 3$ with free shipping. My was at home for one month. It's working!
Good luck! :)