• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] How to update from .7z file?

Search This thread

mannyvinny

Oct 7, 2012
Varanasi
I have currently Firmware 2.1.1.A.0.6 and have downloaded stock 2.1.1.C... ROM.But the file is compressed in .7z. I haven't rooted my phone neither recovery installed. Please tell me how can i update my phone?

Reactions: jay-z-s

jay-z-s

Dec 1, 2012
Amol
use 7 zip pc software to extract it first....

Officially corp via w8

He is right...
Extract Rom files containing {system,kernel,etc} via "unrar" or "7zip" program from PC.
If your phone is rooted : put files in"clockworkmod/backup " folder.(cwm recovery) then restore from recovery place
Not rooted: dl flashtools app or se companion.
Using se-com is easy but in flashtools you have to put files in"framework"folder which is in the place where you install it.press lightening button in program and flash files.:)

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its a backup.
    Extract the files in
    /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/"make a folder here of whatever name you like and extract the contents in this folder"

now go to recovey->backup and restore->restore and you are done
    I have currently Firmware 2.1.1.A.0.6 and have downloaded stock 2.1.1.C... ROM.But the file is compressed in .7z. I haven't rooted my phone neither recovery installed. Please tell me how can i update my phone?
    You can't. Open the file and extract the .tft file (flash it via flashtool)

Sent from my E15i using xda premium
    The .7z file contains system.img,data.img,cache.img and nandroid.md5. So I am confused! Recovery can only install .zip format.

You can't. Open the file and extract the .tft file (flash it via flashtool)

Sent from my E15i using xda premium
    use 7 zip pc software to extract it first....

Officially corp via w8