• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] HTC M7 lose usb port

Search This thread

kRYySTy

May 16, 2012
Timisoara
Hey guys,
Some time ago i observed that my micro-usb port became lose. I let the phone at charge but the usb wont stay in its port,or wont make contact. From time to time it show usb connected, even if it is nothing connected to usb port.
Is usb port replacement covered by warranty or do you know any other methods to repair it?

alray

Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hey guys,
Some time ago i observed that my micro-usb port became lose. I let the phone at charge but the usb wont stay in its port,or wont make contact. From time to time it show usb connected, even if it is nothing connected to usb port.
Is usb port replacement covered by warranty or do you know any other methods to repair it?

If your phone is still under warranty then yes they should replace the port at no charge. Otherwise you'll either have to do it yourself or bring it to your local phone repair shop.

If you have the skills to disassemble the phone yourself then the part you'll need cost about 10$, its a little board with the usb port and mic on it that is attached to the main board with a flat cable.

UXhHbGcVMf6CiXYw.huge

https://fr.ifixit.com/Teardown/HTC+One+Teardown/13494