• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] HTC One X Jelly Bean ain't recognized any more

Search This thread

Protectator

Dec 16, 2012
Hi !

I just updated my HTC One X to the Jelly Bean version, and I want to root it. I already unlocked the bootloader before updating it to JB, but I never rooted it. I'm having trouble get it fully recognized as before by my computer. The USB connection menu has changed, and doesn't have the old few modes, I now only have options about Wi-Fi hotspot, USB network and Bluetooth tehering. Plus the factthat my phone ain't recognized as an SD Card any more, but as a Camera.

I tried different methods (The one-click root, the toolkit a member developed) to root my One X, but no one works and it seems to always fail to detect my device. Even if a lot of people say that the rooting methos is the same for JB and for ICS, I can't manage to do it. (I already rooted my last phone, an htc Sensation). Plus the fact that I'm learning how to develop Android apps on Eclipse, and my phone ain't recognized since JB any more.

Yes, I have enabled USB Debugging. The only one moment something seems to work is in recovery mode when I select fastboot, my phone shows "FASTBOOT USB". But I'm totally unable to control it by USB. I looked up on this forum but I didn't find an answer to solve my problem. :/

Ricksta

Hi !

I just updated my HTC One X to the Jelly Bean version, and I want to root it. I already unlocked the bootloader before updating it to JB, but I never rooted it. I'm having trouble get it fully recognized as before by my computer. The USB connection menu has changed, and doesn't have the old few modes, I now only have options about Wi-Fi hotspot, USB network and Bluetooth tehering. Plus the factthat my phone ain't recognized as an SD Card any more, but as a Camera.

I tried different methods (The one-click root, the toolkit a member developed) to root my One X, but no one works and it seems to always fail to detect my device. Even if a lot of people say that the rooting methos is the same for JB and for ICS, I can't manage to do it. (I already rooted my last phone, an htc Sensation). Plus the fact that I'm learning how to develop Android apps on Eclipse, and my phone ain't recognized since JB any more.

Yes, I have enabled USB Debugging. The only one moment something seems to work is in recovery mode when I select fastboot, my phone shows "FASTBOOT USB". But I'm totally unable to control it by USB. I looked up on this forum but I didn't find an answer to solve my problem. :/

Do you have an HTC One X, or an HTC One XL (Evita). This section is for the HTC One Xl, or the Evita.

Reactions: Protectator

Protectator

Dec 16, 2012
Do you have an HTC One X, or an HTC One XL (Evita). This section is for the HTC One Xl, or the Evita.

Oh, you're right, I have the HTC One X, not an XL nor Evita. Thought I was on the right place cause this forum was simple "One X Q&A". Is there a way to move this thread to the right section ?

Ricksta

Oh, you're right, I have the HTC One X, not an XL nor Evita. Thought I was on the right place cause this forum was simple "One X Q&A". Is there a way to move this thread to the right section ?
Not really, but a mod may help. Don't stress to much about it - the worse thing you've done is made everyone jealous of Jellybean! ;) The forums for the 2 devices are very confusing....

xSilv85

Aug 17, 2008
Een jellybean does not support flash drive storage as before. Now it is only a mtp connection. So it is normal what you see.

The root method is indeed the same as ICS

Sent from my HTC One X

Protectator

Dec 16, 2012
Thannks, so I know at least that the MTP connexion is normal. :)

But that doesn't change my problem for making my phone recognized by my computer in USB Debug mode.
The root method is indeed the same as ICS
I tried different methods (The one-click root, the toolkit a member developed) to root my One X, but no one works and it seems to always fail to detect my device. Even if a lot of people say that the rooting methos is the same for JB and for ICS

joriq

Aug 11, 2009
Podgorica
Hi !

hi! I have the exact same problem! And when recognised as a camera, no files show up. I'm using win xp and no additional drivers for One X installed... (at least I believe so)

nayaknish

Feb 24, 2009
Mumbai
Tried updating to the latest version of HTC Sync?
It updates the latest drivers. and try keeping the USB mode to "Smart Network Sharing" after that.

It worked for me. ;)

sls56789

Dec 27, 2012
It updates the latest drivers. and try keeping the USB mode to "Smart Network Sharing" after that.

It worked for me. ;)

Ditto nayaknish.

Note that for XP it's no good just updating HTC Sync and drivers - you have to deinstall HTC Sync and the HTC drivers completely, reboot PC, install HTC Sync afresh, min release 1.1.66.0, then reboot PC again before it will behave properly. After this I got HTC Sync back, and two USB drives in explorer for copying data to and from, all working OK. Didn't have to set USB mode to Smart Network Sharing though - it's set to "None" on mine.

joriq

Aug 11, 2009
Podgorica
Ditto nayaknish.

Note that for XP it's no good just updating HTC Sync and drivers - you have to deinstall HTC Sync and the HTC drivers completely, reboot PC, install HTC Sync afresh, min release 1.1.66.0, then reboot PC again before it will behave properly. After this I got HTC Sync back, and two USB drives in explorer for copying data to and from, all working OK. Didn't have to set USB mode to Smart Network Sharing though - it's set to "None" on mine.
so, can you see thumbnails of photos when you access your phone as an external usb drive (i.e. from "My Computer").

I don't have HTC sync installed, just managed to update the drivers somehow, but no thumbnails, although I can copy the files to and fro...

starship001

Jun 10, 2009
Leicester
Still a problem

It worked for me. ;)

Hi
Latest HTC Sync does allow me access to photo and music files, but still doesn't allow use as a mass storage device. And when I connect to my car USB I get "Device Unreadable"

HTC have told me that clearing the cache would fix it, but it hasn't.

I do hope some clever dev can come up with a fix, otherwise we'll have to wait for HTC to come up with an update.
:(

starship001

Jun 10, 2009
Leicester
More from HTC Tech Support

Hi
Latest HTC Sync does allow me access to photo and music files, but still doesn't allow use as a mass storage device. And when I connect to my car USB I get "Device Unreadable"

HTC have told me that clearing the cache would fix it, but it hasn't.

I do hope some clever dev can come up with a fix, otherwise we'll have to wait for HTC to come up with an update.
:(

Now HTC Tech Support have asked for the .nfo file from my pc!? Weird.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !