• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] HTC Sensation Stuck at boot screen..Bricked?

Search This thread

Chase79

Nov 23, 2011
Hello all, im fairly new to 'rooting' world and wish my first post wasn't on this, however, i'm not too sure where else to look for help! I believe my phone may be lost, but thought I'd ask before giving up completely. I was running ARHD 3.6.7 rom on my HTC Sensation. rooted, everything working like a charm, til last nite... I d/l and flash the ARHD 3.6.7 Hard Version Brightness Tweak from this post... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1350580. However, instead of going into recovery, I used rom manager ( I've read at times not to use this for certain things, so guessing this is one of em..noob mistake that may cost me my phone). While in rom manager, the following 2 options were checked, which I think is where I went wrong, 1) wipe data and cache 2) wipe dalvik cache. When my phone rebooted, the old 'android' boot image was showing instead of the 'Beats Audio' from the ARHD Rom. This is where I am at. The phone seems to be stuck at reloading this image over and over. I can not boot into recovery by holding the down volume and power. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

adamgaltress

Nov 13, 2011
Nottingham
Hello all, im fairly new to 'rooting' world and wish my first post wasn't on this, however, i'm not too sure where else to look for help! I believe my phone may be lost, but thought I'd ask before giving up completely. I was running ARHD 3.6.7 rom on my HTC Sensation. rooted, everything working like a charm, til last nite... I d/l and flash the ARHD 3.6.7 Hard Version Brightness Tweak from this post... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1350580. However, instead of going into recovery, I used rom manager ( I've read at times not to use this for certain things, so guessing this is one of em..noob mistake that may cost me my phone). While in rom manager, the following 2 options were checked, which I think is where I went wrong, 1) wipe data and cache 2) wipe dalvik cache. When my phone rebooted, the old 'android' boot image was showing instead of the 'Beats Audio' from the ARHD Rom. This is where I am at. The phone seems to be stuck at reloading this image over and over. I can not boot into recovery by holding the down volume and power. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sholdn't have wiped anything when installing a mod, you need to open your recovery and reinstall ARHD ..if you don't have the .zip on your sdcard then just take it out of the phone and put it into the computer and copy over a .zip

you need to wipe everything before installing the ROM so user the super wipe

All can be found here..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1098849

Galaxa12

Nov 14, 2011
Springdale
Friend I doubt you're bricked. Id say you had a bad install. I'd reinstall and is be happy to walk you through it. So good news is you're not bricked. ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Chase79

Nov 23, 2011
Ok, not bricked is great! However, I do have another question. I have a pretty good uderstanding of what to do once in recovery, my question is ' how do I get there?' When I hold the down volume and power buttons, I still boot to the android screen which I am currently stuck on. I have the zip files I need on my sd card, just can't get to em... Is there another way to get into recovery to wipe and reinstall? Again, thx for the help, this is most definitely a learning experience

big_sw2000

Mar 12, 2010
Abergavenny
Ok, not bricked is great! However, I do have another question. I have a pretty good uderstanding of what to do once in recovery, my question is ' how do I get there?' When I hold the down volume and power buttons, I still boot to the android screen which I am currently stuck on. I have the zip files I need on my sd card, just can't get to em... Is there another way to get into recovery to wipe and reinstall? Again, thx for the help, this is most definitely a learning experience

HAve you tried pulling the battery out, then turning on to recovery

Chase79

Nov 23, 2011
I have tried pulling the battery out, pulling the sd card out, seems like no matter, still loads to android screen. While at this screen, if i hold down power, nothing, phones stays on, if i hold down vol down + power, phone reboots to same screen. Seems like getting into recovery is my real problem...

kkndgr

Jun 12, 2010
ARHD doesn't recommend the use of Rom manager if you carefuly read the flashing instructions .further than that I had a problem like that in the past with my HTC desire ,what I did was to follow the unrevoked once again and did everything from the begining eventualy I got the recovery mode and flashed my new rom.maybe be if u follow a similar procedure by reinstalling the revolutionary kit will give u the desired outcome... Maybe sounds a bit odd but it worked for me .I don't think u have anything to lose if u try .your phone isn't bricked though by any means so no worries. Good luck maye

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Chase79

Nov 23, 2011
K, agreed, nothing to loose, gonna give that a go.. I am having detection issues. When I connect to pc, the device 'android phone' is recognized, but I can't access any files, HTC sync, fastboot for example saying no device connected, please check connection. I assume because the phone will not go past the boot screen? Anyhow, gonna try your suggestion. Thanks!

Chase79

Nov 23, 2011
Do you mean you're pressing volume down and power while your phone is already on ?
Yes, I have done both. While the phone is off, I have pressed vol down and power with no luck. I have also tried it while the phone was on (trying anything at that point). Still only going to android boot image.

Is there another way to enter recovery if vol down + power while phone is off doesnt work?

Chase79

Nov 23, 2011
HALLELUJA..... Reboot into recovery successful! Not sure why, but after numerous attempt, I got it. Thx for all the quick replies. Wiping and reflashing now!!

Galaxa12

Nov 14, 2011
Springdale
Hey chase. Good job and have a look at coredroid Rom. Beautiful and fast. 2nd charge and at 20 hours at 49% battery left with moderate use.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

messbarger

Oct 23, 2010
I'm having this same issue, I have used super-wipe and tried reflashing no change. still sits at the 'beats audio' flash screen. When I first tried to root the phone I believe i flashed the wrong radio zip but the hboot is version 1.23.0000 radio version is 10.14.9035.01_M whenever i try to reflash hboot or radio zips i get errors usually (status 7). It still boots into hboot and recovery just fine, but I'm not sure whats wrong or how exactly to fix it, any help would be appreciated. If you need any more information just ask. Thanks

attblekm

Oct 24, 2010
I'm having this same issue, I have used super-wipe and tried reflashing no change. still sits at the 'beats audio' flash screen. When I first tried to root the phone I believe i flashed the wrong radio zip but the hboot is version 1.23.0000 radio version is 10.14.9035.01_M whenever i try to reflash hboot or radio zips i get errors usually (status 7). It still boots into hboot and recovery just fine, but I'm not sure whats wrong or how exactly to fix it, any help would be appreciated. If you need any more information just ask. Thanks

Did you flash an ICS rom without installing the ICS firmware first?

If this is the case, take out your sd card, copy over the ICS firmware to the root of the sd card, boot into the bootloader, and it'll walk you through updating the firmware.

messbarger

Oct 23, 2010
it says

model id incorrect
update fail!
press <power> to reboot.

i think the radio i tried to flash was for a different phone maybe, but it was in a tutorial to root and install arhd the tutorial said you have to update the radio to use ics. any ideas?

tonyhagger

May 19, 2009
London
Problem Solution

Sholdn't have wiped anything when installing a mod, you need to open your recovery and reinstall ARHD ..if you don't have the .zip on your sdcard then just take it out of the phone and put it into the computer and copy over a .zip

you need to wipe everything before installing the ROM so user the super wipe

All can be found here..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1098849

Follow these instructions and you will get your phone back - Had the same problem and this fixed it first time
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

pronoobie

Dec 30, 2011
Its been a while since this last post and I have had same problem today, 2012 March,..Using Htc super tool, while phone is off, and connected to usb cable, open htc super tool, and hit 4, it will cycle and press continue until it auotmatically boots the phone into recovery screen. Hope this helps it worked for me.

roger101

Jul 18, 2011
HTC Sensation Stuck at boot screen..Bricked?

I had the same issue and I was able to restore and get back to my old version.

As mentioned in
HTML:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192300
I followed everything, but still I cant flash my device correctly.
Here are my details.

I tried to flash ARHD 6.5.3 XE

-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.17.1111
RADIO-10.14.9035.01_M
eMMC-boot
Jun 2 2011, 22:31:39