[Q] HTC surround SPL downgrade help

Search This thread

CarloAguilar

Jan 15, 2013
HELP!!

HI, help me please!! i have been googling day and night for hours and cant find the answer. I have a surround i bought used and it has mango. I would guess its never been hacked but in the bootloader settings it says spl 1.52.2250.4. Is that normal? or did someone downgrade that? my os is 7.10.8773.98. It THAT normal? is that a RUU mango?? i need to know because i want to hspl it but i read if its ruu it will brick. I want the 7.8 rom. Also one more thing...on the hspl guide the mid support list for the surround is pd261000, pd261100 annnddd pd26****.......yet mine is pd26100. Its one digit less than the one with stars... mine has 7 digits the star one has 8. Is it still supported? or not?

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

HI, help me please!! i have been googling day and night for hours and cant find the answer. I have a surround i bought used and it has mango. I would guess its never been hacked but in the bootloader settings it says spl 1.52.2250.4. Is that normal? or did someone downgrade that? my os is 7.10.8773.98. It THAT normal? is that a RUU mango?? i need to know because i want to hspl it but i read if its ruu it will brick. I want the 7.8 rom. Also one more thing...on the hspl guide the mid support list for the surround is pd261000, pd261100 annnddd pd26****.......yet mine is pd26100. Its one digit less than the one with stars... mine has 7 digits the star one has 8. Is it still supported? or not? hqw it been hacked? can i get 7.8?

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

HI, help me please!! i have been googling day and night for hours and cant find the answer. I have a surround i bought used and it has mango. I would guess its never been hacked but in the bootloader settings it says spl 1.52.2250.4. Is that normal? or did someone downgrade that? my os is 7.10.8773.98. It THAT normal? is that a RUU mango?? i need to know because i want to hspl it but i read if its ruu it will brick. I want the 7.8 rom. Also one more thing...on the hspl guide the mid support list for the surround is pd261000, pd261100 annnddd pd26****.......yet mine is pd26100. Its one digit less than the one with stars... mine has 7 digits the star one has 8. Is it still supported? or not? hqw it been hacked? can i get 7.8?

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
HI, help me please!! i have been googling day and night for hours and cant find the answer. I have a surround i bought used and it has mango. I would guess its never been hacked but in the bootloader settings it says spl 1.52.2250.4. Is that normal? or did someone downgrade that? my os is 7.10.8773.98. It THAT normal? is that a RUU mango?? i need to know because i want to hspl it but i read if its ruu it will brick. I want the 7.8 rom. Also one more thing...on the hspl guide the mid support list for the surround is pd261000, pd261100 annnddd pd26****.......yet mine is pd26100. Its one digit less than the one with stars... mine has 7 digits the star one has 8. Is it still supported? or not?
OSPL 1.52 is XSPL-able.
the last zero doesn't show, so, yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarloAguilar

tatvashunya

Sep 18, 2012
Use a pen drive maybe

Bro my Cell reboots as soon as I connect my cell to the y cable.
It shows loading for a while but then cell restarts and then it gets stuck on the enter usb host mode.
I made the custom gold card via CID of the microSD but still no help.:(

Did you try using a pen drive instead of a memory card? Mine worked with a Kingston 4GB data traveller.

tatvashunya

Sep 18, 2012
Bring down the SPL first, then use DFT RSPL/HSPL

I have been going around in circles with HTC Surround very similar to this guy here. Mine is fully unlocked AT&T with SPL 4.30 and radio 5.69.x
b
My phone was playing up a lot and put a new SD card. Four hours later was doing the same. Power on and off itself.
Maybe the phone is faulty and I assumed ROM dramas.

I do not know what the Gold Card is. Info seems to be all over the place........................sorry.

To cut the story short I used DFT to install RSPL 1.52 (though mine was 4.3 and maybe JTAG kit??????)
After that I found the correct RUU and radio, etc,etc.
Installed HSPL 1.52 and then tried to flash.
Flash goes well till 98% and then does not move any more. Tried 4 times and same thing.

Phone comes up white background and HTC logo in light green and then beeps 7 times ?????

Should I get a hammer ?

Does anyone knows?

Thanks in advanced !:mad:

Do not flash when you're SPL is 4.30. Consider yourself lucky that your phone did not brick. The Gold card method is used to bring down the SPL of the phone to something like 1.52. Then the DFT tool is used, do not use the DFT RSPL/HSPL tool when your SPL is 4.30. Use the Gold card method first.
The correct order would be:
1. Bring Down the SPL of your phone using the gold card tool.
2. Use the DFT RSPL/HSPL tool to install custom bootloader.
3. Install custom ROM using the RUU (Rom Update Utility).
You've been doing step no. 2 uptill now.
P.S: Don't get a hammer :)

tatvashunya

Sep 18, 2012

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

You say that your phone has SPL 1.52. It does not necessarily mean that someone has tried to downgrade it previously, it may also mean that your phone has not been updated using Zune in a long time. Also you must note that you should not update your phone using Zune, YET.
Since you have SPL 1.52, you DO NOT need to use the gold card method or downgrade the SPL yourself. It is already low.
Next, you want WP7.8 ROM.
For that you need to install RSPL/HSPL first. Use the DFT tools (search the forum) to install either RSPL or HSPL to your phone.
Once the RSPL/HSPL is installed, you can use the RUU (Rom update utility) to install any custom WP7.8 ROM intended to run on Surround 7. This Rom you'll have to download off the internet and its size is around a few hundred megabytes.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Hit thanks if I helped.

Josh88m

Jun 28, 2012
Hi at all, I have an HTC surround with SPL 4.3.2250 and radio software version: 5.69.09.05a_22.50.50.21H
I am running Windows 8 64-bit.
To downgrade SPL version to 1.52, i should use the Goldcard Method or the mini-downgrade SPL method?
I apologize for the question but reading the various discussions I did not understand what is the correct way

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
Hi at all, I have an HTC surround with SPL 4.3.2250 and radio software version: 5.69.09.05a_22.50.50.21H
To downgrade SPL version to 1.52, i should use the Goldcard Method or the mini-downgrade SPL method?
I apologize for the question but reading the various discussions I did not understand what is the correct way
mini downgrade.

Reactions: Josh88m

Josh88m

Jun 28, 2012

Attachments

• empty.jpg
    empty.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 51

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
this is what I get in RomUpdateUtility
your device in Bootloader when you start the RUU? you could go ahead and try it. it should error if something is wrong. if that occurs, post the error number. but don't recall every seeing that before.. i don't have access to both my Mondrian nor the RUU, right now, so can't even check. sorry.

Reactions: Josh88m

Josh88m

Jun 28, 2012
udiamp process

your device in Bootloader when you start the RUU? you could go ahead and try it. it should error if something is wrong. if that occurs, post the error number. but don't recall every seeing that before.. i don't have access to both my Mondrian nor the RUU, right now, so can't even check. sorry.

Thanks for all. I tried it and everything went well.
And then I installed a custom rom.
Thanks again sh4d0w86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    too busy laughing at a n00bs helping n00bs to explain better... (rofl)
    but here is a link for both Radios and a mini SPL downgrade tutorial. here.

to get into Bootloader.
    1) power off device.
    2) press & hold Volume - button
    3) while doing #2, press the Power button
    4) continue doing #2, until device powers to a Tri-Color screen (aka Bootloader)

regards.
    Goldcard Method

Hello friends, after failing to downgrade the SPL version using the Rom update utility, I tried the Goldcard method and succeeded all the way till installing a custom ROM. I am listing steps which I followed and address the infinite reboot loop problem:
    1. I created a Y-cable using two male to female USB cables (pic attached)
    1.jpg
    2. Used this thread to implement Goldcard method.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1597837

I was having the same infinite reboot loop problem with my Surround 7 (Mondrian) when I was using a 4GB microSD card. But then I used the Goldcard tool to make my Kingston DT 4GB pen drive a gold card. It succeeded.

3. After the Goldcard update was successful, I installed RSPL using the setup provided by DFT (Dark Force Team).

View attachment 1580441

4. Then I installed a WP7.8 custom ROM by ansar.

View attachment 1580442

If any doubts I'll be happy to clear them up. Please hit thanks if you found this post useful.
    check that Goldcard was created correctly. e.g. created Goldcard image from your microSD's CID.
    check Goldcard setup is correct. e.g. device shouldn't power on instantaneously.

if still nothing, try a different microSD, or y-cable, etc.
    OSPL 1.52 is XSPL-able.
    the last zero doesn't show, so, yes.
    mini downgrade.