• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

CynepMyxa

Sep 7, 2009
Hello xdadevelopers,

I have a problem. Recently I had a birthday and my friend, who lives and works in Shanghai had presented me a phone. It's Huawei w1. But there is one catastrophic problem. Since he bought the phone in China, it has chinese firmware. And the worst thing - chinese market. It doesn't have such vital applications like skype or youtube. I have tried to contact microsoft. Unfortunately, they cannot help me. Here is what they said (conversation was in russian, this is my translation):

===
MS: Ok, this means that you have chinese firmware. It's not possible to workaround it with standard methods. You need to reflash the phone with russian firmware (I believe this should not be exactly russian but any non-chinese)
MS: We cannot give you steps of how you can do this, since this will break you warranty. But you can find steps in Internet.
me: Well, but in fact I don't have warranty. The phone was bought in different country, not by me, and my friend, who bought the phone, doesn't visit fatherland more often than once a year :(
MS: Ok, I understand, but we are not allowed to provide such info and such sites are blocked for us. We are not trained for such kind of support. You can ask on forums:
MS: http://answers.microsoft.com/ru-ru/winphone/forum/wp8
MS: or
MS: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1625
MS: or you can ask Huawei support.
===

I asked on MS forum, but I doubt they have answer. I also tried to find Huawei support contacts but was unable to do so. Any link that looks like contact info leads to chinese page.

So this forum is my last hope. Please please please. I believe this forum is full of guru. Please suggest me where to find normal firmware for Huawei w1? Where to find instructions?

Phone info:
OS version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number: 1030.5612.01700.05600
Hardware revision number: HD1U8835M Ver.B
Chip SOC Version: 8230

Thank you.

Reactions: vovikdrg

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
If there's a device-specific forum for the phone, check there. However, I can't find one, so you may need to be patient until anybody else with the W1 gets around to answering you.

You can also check with Huawei themselves, of course. Try calling them or emailing them; the most likely source of stock firmware will be Huawei themselves.

CynepMyxa

Sep 7, 2009
I've managed to find this article but it's on some foreign language.If you want use Google to translate the page and see if it has something useful.
It is in Myanmar and google cannot translate it. But thanks. I've downloaded file provided on that page. It's archive with some rom and tool that allows to flash this rom. It also has instruction for that tool in english (with the same screenshots as on djtonka's forum). Unfortunately it doesn't have instruction of how to connect phone and how to install drivers, etc.
So:
In next few days I am gonna write flashing guide for W1. Recently we got two chinese ROM, latest one is 1030.5614.01700.05800. Also repairing bootloader is now possible.
This guide would be very helpful.
And what about ROMs? Do you know where to get non-chinese one? (Who needs chinese with emasculated market actually?:))

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
It is in Myanmar and google cannot translate it. But thanks. I've downloaded file provided on that page. It's archive with some rom and tool that allows to flash this rom. It also has instruction for that tool in english (with the same screenshots as on djtonka's forum). Unfortunately it doesn't have instruction of how to connect phone and how to install drivers, etc.
So:
This guide would be very helpful.
And what about ROMs? Do you know where to get non-chinese one? (Who needs chinese with emasculated market actually?:))

i think Non-chinese one would need to be took from Huawei themself, since nobody do homebrew rom for this phone AFAIK

they actually make one for 1 telco provider in my country..., but AFAIK, it's for CDMA W1 version... well, it's for the world phone version actually, but the GSM network is locked for EDGE data connectivity only...

CynepMyxa

Sep 7, 2009
i think Non-chinese one would need to be took from Huawei themself, since nobody do homebrew rom for this phone AFAIK

they actually make one for 1 telco provider in my country..., but AFAIK, it's for CDMA W1 version... well, it's for the world phone version actually, but the GSM network is locked for EDGE data connectivity only...

Here is international[1] ROM: http: //yadi.sk/d/o1FGP0W15Rl0K
And instruction in Russian: http: //4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=411852&view=findpost&p=22443881
And instruction in Spanish: http: //forums.wpcentral.com/huawei-ascend-w1/229047-instalar-rom-de-estados-unidos-huawei-w1.html#post1996541
(remove spaces)

[1]
I'm not sure what is source of this one and if we can call it international. Some say it is "China UNICON"... Anyway, it allows to select from many languages, (not only CN & EN), it allows to install any app from market (including Skype, FB, etc.).
Though it have some limitations comparing to Chinese ROM that I had originaly. For example it doesn't allow to share Wi-Fi

Last edited:

dzap

Jan 6, 2008
Hi, I do not know if I should post there, as I cannot speak Polish.

I am in the US and the ROM you have 1030.5610.22500.05420 that is for the USA, only works with our 2G (EDGE) networks here and not 3G (HSPA/HSPA+/UMTS) for some reason, and has some bugs.

Is it possible to get one of the Western European ROMs? Here in the US, only one prepaid carrier, Straight Talk, offers this device, so I am not sure where this USA ROM came from.

But I would like to try either one of these...as I assume they are also unlocked?
W1-U00_1030.5612.00000.05610_Western_Europe.05011L
W1-U00_1030.5614.00000.06030_Western_Europe.05011L

...can you please upload them? Thanks. :laugh:

mjstallion

Apr 25, 2007
www.capelta.com
Hi, I do not know if I should post there, as I cannot speak Polish.

I am in the US and the ROM you have 1030.5610.22500.05420 that is for the USA, only works with our 2G (EDGE) networks here and not 3G (HSPA/HSPA+/UMTS) for some reason, and has some bugs.

Is it possible to get one of the Western European ROMs? Here in the US, only one prepaid carrier, Straight Talk, offers this device, so I am not sure where this USA ROM came from.

But I would like to try either one of these...as I assume they are also unlocked?
W1-U00_1030.5612.00000.05610_Western_Europe.05011L
W1-U00_1030.5614.00000.06030_Western_Europe.05011L

...can you please upload them? Thanks. :laugh:

I'd like to try one of those ROMs too. I'm using the US ROM in Europe, and am having major signal problems. Hoping this would resolve them.

dr.Mobile

Mar 16, 2009
Hallo!
I have some problem with phone now.
When i try to flash bootloader, and on a step when pop-up promt for formating, i'am clicking Ok.
After this phone is not Powering On, Just vibrating.
Bootloader still flashing, but after phone is not loading iWare uniBIOS FFU Application. Phone just light on black screen.
So, i can not continue flashing firmware, because the phone is not recognazing like UEFI USB SimpleI/O Port.
And now, when make procedure from start is not pop-up screen with promt for formating, and system don't show any disk on system.
Maybe somebody have the files from disk of HUAWEI? So please give me it, i'll try to write it to my phne, maybe it help me.
Or anybody maybe have some idea, how i can repair it.
Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello xdadevelopers,

I have a problem. Recently I had a birthday and my friend, who lives and works in Shanghai had presented me a phone. It's Huawei w1. But there is one catastrophic problem. Since he bought the phone in China, it has chinese firmware. And the worst thing - chinese market. It doesn't have such vital applications like skype or youtube. I have tried to contact microsoft. Unfortunately, they cannot help me. Here is what they said (conversation was in russian, this is my translation):

===
    MS: Ok, this means that you have chinese firmware. It's not possible to workaround it with standard methods. You need to reflash the phone with russian firmware (I believe this should not be exactly russian but any non-chinese)
    MS: We cannot give you steps of how you can do this, since this will break you warranty. But you can find steps in Internet.
    me: Well, but in fact I don't have warranty. The phone was bought in different country, not by me, and my friend, who bought the phone, doesn't visit fatherland more often than once a year :(
    MS: Ok, I understand, but we are not allowed to provide such info and such sites are blocked for us. We are not trained for such kind of support. You can ask on forums:
    MS: http://answers.microsoft.com/ru-ru/winphone/forum/wp8
    MS: or
    MS: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1625
    MS: or you can ask Huawei support.
    ===

I asked on MS forum, but I doubt they have answer. I also tried to find Huawei support contacts but was unable to do so. Any link that looks like contact info leads to chinese page.

So this forum is my last hope. Please please please. I believe this forum is full of guru. Please suggest me where to find normal firmware for Huawei w1? Where to find instructions?

Phone info:
    OS version: 8.0.10211.204
    Firmware revision number: 1030.5612.01700.05600
    Hardware revision number: HD1U8835M Ver.B
    Chip SOC Version: 8230

Thank you.
    In next few days I am gonna write flashing guide for W1. Recently we got two chinese ROM, latest one is 1030.5614.01700.05800. Also repairing bootloader is now possible.
    http://www.windowsmania.pl/dyskusja...mowania-naprawa-bootloadera-juz-mozliwa-3988/