[Q] I posted the ICECREAMSANDWICH video and now my phone is locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lynyrd65

Jul 11, 2010
Tulsa
how would I know if it's being wiped?

I'm guessing it would be if Google found out abou it. Or if the phone was stolen.

If you can't do anything they are probably trying to. TRY TO TURN IT OFF!

After you turn it off (by any means necessary including yanking the battery), follow the tutorial for rooting you phone then make a nandroid backup of what you have using CWM then mount your phone via USB and upload the back up.

After making a back up you may be able to safely wipe your cache and data. It could provide you with a working phone and provide the rest of us with a nice treat!

Last edited:

motu0083

Sep 29, 2011
If you can't do anything they are probably trying to. TRY TO TURN IT OFF!

After you turn it off (by any means necessary including yanking the battery), follow the tutorial for rooting you phone then make a nandroid backup of what you have using CWM.

After making a back up you may be able to safely wipe your cache and data. It could provide you with a working phone and us with a nice treat!
ok, battery is out.

i'm guessing the lock will not interfere with rooting my phone?

even if i was able to root it, is my phone unuseable now because it's flagged or something?

lynyrd65

Jul 11, 2010
Tulsa
ok, battery is out.

i'm guessing the lock will not interfere with rooting my phone?

even if i was able to root it, is my phone unuseable now because it's flagged or something?

Not necessarily, It probably is but I don't know how google's software works. If I had to guess you could probably get it working again by wiping data and cache.

Be sure to remove your sim card as well.

lynyrd65

Jul 11, 2010
Tulsa
*Tin Foil Out*.

I'm still confused on how it's "locked"....... *looking over shoulder*

Google has the ability to force ota to your phone and remote wipe

OP, if your phone works on T-Mobile 3G (not edge) follow this guide up until this point

select Recovery
then it should boot into this screen, if not then repeat the steps to download the image

img0283w.jpg

at this point instead of installing a rooted rom go to back up and restore then select Backup.
wait for it to finish then connect your phone to your computer via usb then go back to the main menu and select Mounts and Storage then select mount USB storage.

search for a folder called clockworkmod on your computer and make it into a zip file. If you're awesome then you could upload it to mediafire and post the link. :)

Next select unmount after copying to your pc then go back to the main menu. Select wipe data/factory reset then select wipe cache partition. The phone is now factory reset and COULD boot.

Last edited:

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
Someone needs to get on IM with this Guy and walk him through the process of dumping the rom.

He should remove sim card and turn off wifi until its backed up.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Last edited:

motu0083

Sep 29, 2011
Someone needs to get on IM with this Guy and walk him through the process of dumping the room.

He should remove sim card and turn off wifi until its backed up.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
battery and sim is out. i'm trying to read up on what im supposed to do now.

aohus

Sep 10, 2010
idk, never experienced it before. I just assume it's what happens when you lose a phone and then remotely secure it so it can't be accessed.

hey OP. you need to get ahold of an experienced Android developer so he can walk you through with dumping the OS, etc.

also, post more videos/screenshots of the menus and what not.

thanks!

im taking this thread to twitter. lets see what happens!

BlackHawkA4

Oct 15, 2010
New York
hey OP. you need to get ahold of an experienced Android developer so he can walk you through with dumping the OS, etc.

also, post more videos/screenshots of the menus and what not.

thanks!

im taking this thread to twitter. lets see what happens!

Don't do that! We'll all be compromised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A little too late but

sS0oI.gif
    First off, I'll vouch for jcase in any situation.

Second, I've seen the kernel binaries, and though I don't have a Nexus S to try it on, it appears to be a Linux 3.0.1 based kernel, built on August 15.

Do you know of any Android version that isn't ICS that runs on a Linux 3.0.1 kernel ?
    What do I do now?
    OK so after reading all these ridiculous posts by the real TROLLS of this thread I will probably be leaving xda. The OP had no clue what he bought and then he comes here asking for help and everybody flames the hell out of him. Me, jcase, b16a2smith & mathkid95 spent hours on gtalk with the guy last night. /system & /data were wiped. Just like jcase said, corporations will take steps to protect their stuff, i.e. doing a remote wipe. Enough said.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone