• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] I posted the ICECREAMSANDWICH video and now my phone is locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur
Idk if its google's marketing technique but what i know is the fact that this ics and the nexus s are not fake and we are.getting somewhere now! Maybe google themselves sold this on ebay for marketing and to keep the final version safe they installed a indevelopmant version of ics in the phone!

hit thankxx if i helped.sent from my mind through telepathy (ya its possible)!

Reactions: jastonas

j_r0dd

Jun 9, 2009
Last house on the block
from eyc: "You cried out that you were "probably" going to leave XDA over some trolls. Perhaps leaving is the best option for you, since trolls on an open forum hurt your feelings so much.

Also, and being quite frank, no one gives two ****s that you are going to leave. Honestly, no one.

Every time you post again in that thread or anywhere on XDA, your credibility and your empty threat deteriorates and you look like an idiot.

Threatening to leave XDA....hahhaha...that's rich."

ouch

YourMainDude

Jun 20, 2010
9_9 Off Topic but I've seen some hot chicks on here... nothing hotter than a chick that knows her phones insides lol

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Filman

Apr 19, 2009
First off, I'll vouch for jcase in any situation.

Second, I've seen the kernel binaries, and though I don't have a Nexus S to try it on, it appears to be a Linux 3.0.1 based kernel, built on August 15.

Do you know of any Android version that isn't ICS that runs on a Linux 3.0.1 kernel ?

So....it seems like it is ICS (In my opinion, this was caused by google...) The UI is similar to GB with some HC... I hope to see improvements in the background, that is what really matter.

Greenfieldan

Jun 14, 2010
Mason
THE Chainfire himself believes. Trolls, got anymore doubts ?
Don't get me wrong, normally I'd take Chainfire's word in a heartbeat. But some things still seem off to me.
1) IF this was a developer build (I'm assuming it is since it's ICS on an older phone rather than a newer one) why would the Android version be listed as "Ice Cream Sandwich?" Google doesn't do that now with their PUBLIC releases. Why would the developer device suddenly be super mom-friendly?
2) That voicemail notification occurs in COMMUNITY built AOSP ROMs. Stock Android phones (like the Nexus devices) do not have that issue. It seems unlikely that Google borrowed CM's code to the point where they couldn't get rid of the small nuisance that plagues AOSP ROMs.
3) While my post history will show that I'm every bit for helping newbies (to the point of yelling at people who think just saying "wrong section n00b" is the best course of action), but he seems...especially dense; yet knowledgable at the same time. It took him FOREVER to follow BASIC instructions, yet he knew to come to XDA to say what he had found. He is apparently very new or not particularly experienced with Android, yet he somehow realized that he was holding the next version of Android and leaked it to Engadget.

Not saying it isn't ICS. There are just a few things that don't add up to me (personally)

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
So....it seems like it is ICS (In my opinion, this was caused by google...) The UI is similar to GB with some HC... I hope to see improvements in the background, that is what really matter.

I don't really care if the UI looks similar to GB. All I want is hardware acceleration. A smooth UI, like an iPhone. If ICS doesn't bring this improvement, I am thinking of moving to apple (as much as I hate Apple the company). Tired of my phone lagging out, or the browser taking 10 years to load a page.

YourMainDude

Jun 20, 2010
Hmm maybe Google did borrow the CM notification ... since its a Samsung device.. Didn't Samsung hire CM? Lol just a thought =\

Greenfieldan

Jun 14, 2010
Mason
And for the record, can we stop calling everyone we disagree with a troll? I learned in middle school that you lose all credibility in a discussion/debate when you resort to personal attacks.

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
1) Other leaks have been the same

2) Wouldnt be the first time google has accepted patches/code from CM/cm contributors

3) The problem with his instructions was he was on a 32bit mac and everyone kept giving him 64bit binaries for fastboot, once we got that sorted out it went fast and fine.

Don't get me wrong, normally I'd take Chainfire's word in a heartbeat. But some things still seem off to me.
1) IF this was a developer build (I'm assuming it is since it's ICS on an older phone rather than a newer one) why would the Android version be listed as "Ice Cream Sandwich?" Google doesn't do that now with their PUBLIC releases. Why would the developer device suddenly be super mom-friendly?
2) That voicemail notification occurs in COMMUNITY built AOSP ROMs. Stock Android phones (like the Nexus devices) do not have that issue. It seems unlikely that Google borrowed CM's code to the point where they couldn't get rid of the small nuisance that plagues AOSP ROMs.
3) While my post history will show that I'm every bit for helping newbies (to the point of yelling at people who think just saying "wrong section n00b" is the best course of action), but he seems...especially dense; yet knowledgable at the same time. It took him FOREVER to follow BASIC instructions, yet he knew to come to XDA to say what he had found. He is apparently very new or not particularly experienced with Android, yet he somehow realized that he was holding the next version of Android and leaked it to Engadget.

Not saying it isn't ICS. There are just a few things that don't add up to me (personally)

Greenfieldan

Jun 14, 2010
Mason
1) Other leaks have been the same

2) Wouldnt be the first time google has accepted patches/code from CM/cm contributors

3) The problem with his instructions was he was on a 32bit mac and everyone kept giving him 64bit binaries for fastboot, once we got that sorted out it went fast and fine.
*is talking to jcase...cool :D*

1) Do you mind showing me these other leaks? Every leak I saw showed a numerical software number, not a name (not saying you're wrong, I just can't recall any of the ones you're stating)

2) I'm not at all doubting that they borrowed some community code. What I'm doubting was that they borrowed community code and didn't flex their Google-y programming muscle to fix the problems in that community code. That is entirely UNGoogle.

3) Kk :)

mark manning

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique

1) Do you mind showing me these other leaks? Every leak I saw showed a numerical software number, not a name (not saying you're wrong, I just can't recall any of the ones you're stating)

2) I'm not at all doubting that they borrowed some community code. What I'm doubting was that they borrowed community code and didn't flex their Google-y programming muscle to fix the problems in that community code. That is entirely UNGoogle.

Last year when gingerbread was leaked it said "gingerbread" not 2.3

Dude had a voicemail, it is that simple. Even if he didn't its not a final release

Last edited:

benrees21

May 31, 2010
Grays
I believe it's real, I just donr believe the whole bought it off ebay story. Well done Google for wetting our appetite.

Sent from my Nexus S running NSCollab ROM and Mathkid's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Kernel!!!

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA

1) Previous GB and ICS picture leaks, google it I dont have the urls on hand

2) i dont even know the bug that is being discussed, I cant really comment on it. I use google voice and not my providers voicemail, its not even enabled so really I have no clue.

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
I believe it's real, I just donr believe the whole bought it off ebay story. Well done Google for wetting our appetite.

Sent from my Nexus S running NSCollab ROM and Mathkid's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Kernel!!!

Two were apparently sold on ebay, at least from the seller's pictures it was two.

xjreyes

Sep 6, 2008
Austin, Tx

http://www.slashgear.com/android-ice-cream-sandwich-photos-leak-on-nexus-s-11171226/

this was posted August 11th

Reactions: Mustang302LX

YourMainDude

Jun 20, 2010
Barely anything changed in Froyo - gingerbread... New Black Notification.... green on a few icons... but well see

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Oct 15, 2010
New York
Everyone is getting so angry. Not as angry as a thread about an Epic 4g updating to froyo but pretty angry.

In all honesty it looks "cool". But, it could be better; and, I hope it's better. I'm sure it will be. But if it's not. It's ugly and I hate Google for giving me blue balls. (Pun intended).

Either way, more importantly. As long as the performance out does gingerbread. What more does everyone want. And if it's real or not. Who cares. It's right around the corner and we'll know what it is really. And we'll be getting it "soon".

And even if that ugly thing is ICS it's still better than iOS. (Hey, anyone notice that's really similar? ;))

Greenfieldan

Jun 14, 2010
Mason
1) Previous GB and ICS picture leaks, google it I dont have the urls on hand

2) i dont even know the bug that is being discussed, I cant really comment on it. I use google voice and not my providers voicemail, its not even enabled so really I have no clue.
There's a bug on AOSP ROMs that keep a voicemail notification in your notification drawer no matter what you do. Again, I conceded that he could have had a voicemail, I just find it rather convenient that he had a voicemail that he decided he didn't want to listen to before he shot the video.

And for the record, I don't necessarily think this is a fake. I'm hoping it's not, because it looks smooth as all hell :D. I just want to make sure I don't get my hopes up for something it's not. Just covering all my bases :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A little too late but

sS0oI.gif
    First off, I'll vouch for jcase in any situation.

Second, I've seen the kernel binaries, and though I don't have a Nexus S to try it on, it appears to be a Linux 3.0.1 based kernel, built on August 15.

Do you know of any Android version that isn't ICS that runs on a Linux 3.0.1 kernel ?
    What do I do now?
    OK so after reading all these ridiculous posts by the real TROLLS of this thread I will probably be leaving xda. The OP had no clue what he bought and then he comes here asking for help and everybody flames the hell out of him. Me, jcase, b16a2smith & mathkid95 spent hours on gtalk with the guy last night. /system & /data were wiped. Just like jcase said, corporations will take steps to protect their stuff, i.e. doing a remote wipe. Enough said.