[Q] In desperate need of HELP!

Search This thread

treeclouds

Mar 11, 2013
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the unlocking of android world and I need some guidance as to the process on unlocking a phone properly to minimize the chance of bricking the phone.

I have a Motorola RAZR HD XT925 and its just running so horrible. When I connect to Wifi, the phone gets hot and it lags for days. When I'm not on Wifi it still gets its episodes of running so... slow... It is a constant daily piss off and a struggle. I have been trying to read up on the step by step process on unlocking an android phone but I just cant find out the whole process and quite frankly, I'm a little confused as to when to flash certain things. If you guys can help me on the following:

1. The process laid out in steps

2. Best way to backup my phone (copying photos/videos, etc onto computer?)

3. When to root

4. When/how to flash boot loader

5. Which custom ROM is best for my phone which gives tweakability (new english word)

I found this link to a forum discussion on this site here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2247250. I am unsure what do to with all of it and where to start.

My phone is incredibly frustrating at the moment. I keep the phone clean so Im not sure why its acting like a 1980's prototype. I just want all factory **** off and my own custom ROM on it so it can run the way it should.

Thank you all in advance.

Aakashtitli

Jul 30, 2013
kolkata
Hey, no worry. The best way to back up a phone's internal memory is a nandroid back up and before flashing a custom rom back up your sdcard to your pc. Use cwm recovery to backup the os and all the apps installed on your phone.
When you press the vol+, home and power button your phone goes into recovery mode. From there you need to select apply update from sd card and browse your sd card for cwm.zip file. Use the volume buttons to scroll up and down and the home button to go back to the previous menu. The cwm recovery mode will have an option to backup your phone. Now, before flashing a custom rom download odin packages. These are official firmwares which are flashed via pc. The process is quite easy. Its not essential but advisable since they can help you to recover your phone should you brick it.
Cwm is vital in flashing custom roms. And custom roms are vital in our day to day life. And you really should get rid of that os. Each custom rom has advantages and drawbacks. Read the threads carefully to see if anyone had any problem. Experiment with different roms that have little or no problems. Dont test out new roms that are in development stage until you have got hang of things. Choosing a custom rom is upto the user. Download and try out till you find the right one. All custom roms that i have known are pre rooted. Otherwise it would have been just a factory os. Its very important that you read the instructions carefully when flashing a rom. I really dont know much about bootloader since i never flashed it and i have had my share of experience with custom roms. Dont know if bootloader is essential