[Q] installing custom boot animation?

Search This thread

marsgrafx09

Sep 11, 2011
I am having trouble installing the new Prime Boot annimation..
i flashed the zip but nothing happens .. the same boot annimation that came with the rom is still there.. ?

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
Unless specified...you don't flash a the bootanimation.zip. Using a program like Root Explorer navigate to the System-Media folder and rename the stock bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak. That way if you ever want to go back to stock just change the end to .zip.

Then, copy the bootani you want to change to into that same folder. If you're using Root Explorer...long press on the file and change permissions to RW-R-R. Reboot and enjoy your new boot animation.

Reactions: marsgrafx09

marsgrafx09

Sep 11, 2011
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/08/download-nexus-prime-boot-animation/

The boot animation from the Nexus Prime aka Galaxy Nexus that was teased to us earlier in the week is now available for everyone to play with. The instructions we have are for flashing in Clockwork Recovery, but if you aren’t rooted, you will have to do it the old fashioned way by extracting and moving the bootanimation.zip into /data/local or wherever your particular phone pulls media from.
Sexy, isn’t it?
Download: Nexus_Prime_Boot.zip
Instructions:
1. Download the file from above an drop it on your SD card.
2. Reboot your phone into recovery.
3. Choose “install zip from sd card.”
4. ”Choose zip from sd card.”
5. Select the file you downloaded from above.
6. Once it finishes running choose “Go Back” and then reboot!

marsgrafx09

Sep 11, 2011
Unless specified...you don't flash a the bootanimation.zip. Using a program like Root Explorer navigate to the System-Media folder and rename the stock bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak. That way if you ever want to go back to stock just change the end to .zip.

Then, copy the bootani you want to change to into that same folder. If you're using Root Explorer...long press on the file and change permissions to RW-R-R. Reboot and enjoy your new boot animation.

i found the system/ media folder... but there was no bootanimation.zip in there .. there where 3 folders .. and it was is those either.?

phaze one

Jan 27, 2011
Seattle
i found the system/ media folder... but there was no bootanimation.zip in there .. there where 3 folders .. and it was is those either.?

Try system/customize/resource then. You might have to rename it VZW_bootanimation. Whatever it is rename it that. Just installed it. Its actually pretty cool. Theyre getting better at not sucking when it comes to bootanimations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcismo55

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Will any custom boot animation work with a rooted Incredible with stock kernel?
    Will any custom boot animation work with a rooted Incredible with stock kernel?

Boot animations that are appropriately formatted will work with your phone. The boot animation is not dependent on your kernel, so yes it will.
    Use the attached file...I pulled it straight from my own SD card. Follow my directions from above.

Try system/customize/resource then. You might have to rename it VZW_bootanimation. Whatever it is rename it that. Just installed it. Its actually pretty cool. Theyre getting better at not sucking when it comes to bootanimations.