[Q] Is an extended battery / second battery a must?

Search This thread

polorsport

Jun 30, 2010
So, my OG Droid was acting up and my upgrade wasn't due until late july so I decided to purchase a Droid X. :D

While, I don't have the phone yet, and it is used I was debating whether or not a second battery is necessary as I will have a car charger from my original droid. But, at the same time I have had a second battery with most of my phones for years. But, then again I will most likely be replacing this phone by Sept/Oct the absolute latest.

zanix

You might be able to get by on just one battery. It seems the DroidX has one of the best battery lives for Android phones. If you do buy another battery, I would suggest the extended battery. It adds only 1mm to the back of the phone and it gave me around 4-5 hours more battery life than the standard battery. Then you can always have the standard battery on backup if you need some extra juice at the end of the day.

Shiftyy

Apr 9, 2011
On Rubix Focused I can get 24 hours of battery life with heavy use! I have been thinking of getting an extended battery though. It would just be convenient :D

Reactions: mholton12

rwil85

Mar 14, 2011
I have an extended battery and carry the standard battery that came with the DX in my car just in case i ever need to swap..no biggie, convenient.

MrWall

Feb 19, 2008
San Francisco
it really depends how heavily your using your phone and what for

I have 2 Motorola BH5X Standard 1500mAh Batteries I keep on me for backup at all times, which, ever since my sister-in-laws wedding and a trip to disneyland has become the standard for me.

Turns out taking a butt load of pictures and helping my wife manage the people at a wedding required a total of 3 batteries for my phone

Meanwhile, taking a lots of pix at Disneyland with no readily available outlets for my external charger also made 3 batteries the perfect number, especially after recording those late night light shows.

On a regular day though I can stretch out a single battery if I have an outlet for charging nearby or 2 batteries without a charger.

and yeah, I don't restrict data either so that does a number on my charge.

kafreeman

Apr 22, 2011
I get around 30 hours on the standard battery but I work from home, doesn't get two hours of streaming use on the way to and from work anymore. When I was driving two hours I would charge it every afternoon on the way home depending on the previous nights use. I also picked up a xoom so I use the phone a lot less now.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrWall

chaos254

Mar 4, 2011
I ended up buying a second battery from Amazon for like 5 dollars and a cheap charger for the battery. Anytime I know I'm going to be out for awhile I take the extra battery. It has saved me a bunch of times.

Reactions: MrWall

suki7474

Mar 8, 2011
If you're playing games or streaming movies a lot then I would def get one. With moderate use, I get at least 12 hours on mine

TheBookheimer

Apr 2, 2012
I would recommend one if you use your x constantly more than 4 hours in a single use.

Sent from my DROIDX using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On Rubix Focused I can get 24 hours of battery life with heavy use! I have been thinking of getting an extended battery though. It would just be convenient :D
    I get around 30 hours on the standard battery but I work from home, doesn't get two hours of streaming use on the way to and from work anymore. When I was driving two hours I would charge it every afternoon on the way home depending on the previous nights use. I also picked up a xoom so I use the phone a lot less now.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    I get around 30 hours on the standard battery
    I am LUCKY to get 7 hours... I had to get a 2nd battery!
    I ended up buying a second battery from Amazon for like 5 dollars and a cheap charger for the battery. Anytime I know I'm going to be out for awhile I take the extra battery. It has saved me a bunch of times.