Oct 2, 2012
Coimbatore
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 2
Hello there developers :)
Am a NEWBIE from india to the world of android and rooting stuffs
Hope to learn things from you ppl
Basically i ve got some queries and here you go
1.In plans to get a nexus 7 for use in india (no wifi for connectivity) and whats ur thought on that ?
2. Is rooting so dangerous that i must stay away from it ?
3.is the screen lift issue still there in nexus 7?
And finally
4.will i be able to CONNECT INTERNET THRU 3G DONGLES WITHOUT ROOTING THE NEXUS 7 ?
Hope to get ur responses soon
Thank you :)

Reactions: wuank81

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
Rooting isn't bad on a nexus device, the process of doing it on other devices that are locked down can be a little dangerous. I bought my Nexus two months ago and never had a problem with screen lift.

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Never had a problem with a Rooted device, its like getting admin rights on your computer.
Screenlift is fine if you don't have it from the unboxing, you don't have screen lift.
If you can't get WiFi connection, I suggest you don't buy a N7 (FLAME ME NOW!) haha.

Reactions: itsirfandude

carrsi

Jul 16, 2012
First thing i did after unboxing : root and unlock my N7 :)
I want complete control over my device! There's nothing bad with it.

But no wifi connectivity for a "wifi-only" device? There are UMTS dongles that work with the N7, but dont you want a device with integrated UMTS?

Reactions: itsirfandude

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Thats why am eagerly waitin for the 3g version of the 32gigs version:)

I think you'll be waiting a while for that.
They haven't even rolled out the 32GB version yet, let alone any versions with 3G connectivity.

Like I said if you can't get WiFi in your area, there are only 2 options, either constantly tether it with another device you have that has data connections, or try to get a compatible dongle.

Otherwise I would either get another tablet, or wait however long it takes Google to release a 3G version

itsirfandude

Oct 2, 2012
Coimbatore
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 2
I think you'll be waiting a while for that.
They haven't even rolled out the 32GB version yet, let alone any versions with 3G connectivity.

Like I said if you can't get WiFi in your area, there are only 2 options, either constantly tether it with another device you have that has data connections, or try to get a compatible dongle.

Otherwise I would either get another tablet, or wait however long it takes Google to release a 3G version

Thats really bad :(
Don you think that getting a nexus 7 is worth more ?
Moreova i ve got less tym to get one coz there is no availability of n7 in india yet
And the other thing is that i am getting one next month as my friend is out there in usa who'll be coming here for his vacation !
Wish google releases something spl soon
Keeping my fingers crossed !
If released l8 there ll be no one to get me :( :( :( even if i have the money :(

n7of9

Mar 19, 2011
Sydney

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Thats really bad :(
Don you think that getting a nexus 7 is worth more ?
Moreova i ve got less tym to get one coz there is no availability of n7 in india yet
And the other thing is that i am getting one next month as my friend is out there in usa who'll be coming here for his vacation !
Wish google releases something spl soon
Keeping my fingers crossed !
If released l8 there ll be no one to get me :( :( :( even if i have the money :(

I would get a tab that is capable of what you need.
The Nexus 7 clearly the tab for you, as much as I love the N7 and would choose the N7 over anything, this is a logical recommendation to you.

A wifi device needs wifi, simple as that.

itsirfandude

Oct 2, 2012
Coimbatore
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 2
I would get a tab that is capable of what you need.
The Nexus 7 clearly the tab for you, as much as I love the N7 and would choose the N7 over anything, this is a logical recommendation to you.

A wifi device needs wifi, simple as that.

rather than trying to mess about with a USB 3G Dongle, which may or may not work as it is not supported out of the box, why not get one that also has wifi capabilities?

a quick ebay search found this for $30
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-2M-3G-...rs_Dongles&hash=item3cc806b408#ht_1477wt_1397

but overall, i wouldn't recommend a wifi device to anyone who has no access to wifi

does your phone not have a wifi hotspot functionality?

To my dismay i ve got an outdated nokia 5230 with no wifi in it :( :( but i luv nexus 7 and now scratching my head to get one no matter what
But can you pls explain what is this WIFI DONGLE AND ITS FUNCTIONALITIES?

PROlific666

Jun 23, 2012
Crestview
I think he meant to say as much as he loves it and would choose it over anything else it is a illogical choice for you. Especially since underneath he says a WiFi tablet needs WiFi simple as that. I think he just had two critical typos. If you cant get WiFi then you would really have a worthless device. Idk how it works in India but most free WiFi hotspots in america don't allow large downloads off their WiFi so you really wouldn't even be able to load it with games. Honestly there is nothing you can really do with the N7 without internet connectivity. You could get a MiFi type device that would emit your own personal WiFi signal but you have to pay a monthly fee from your cell phone service provider if they even offer it at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

itsirfandude

Oct 2, 2012
Coimbatore
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 2
I think he meant to say as much as he loves it and would choose it over anything else it is a illogical choice for you. Especially since underneath he says a WiFi tablet needs WiFi simple as that. I think he just had two critical typos. If you cant get WiFi then you would really have a worthless device. Idk how it works in India but most free WiFi hotspots in america don't allow large downloads off their WiFi so you really wouldn't even be able to load it with games. Honestly there is nothing you can really do with the N7 without internet connectivity. You could get a MiFi type device that would emit your own personal WiFi signal but you have to pay a monthly fee from your cell phone service provider if they even offer it at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Finally i ve got this question
Despite all the flaws (i think there are many including the screen lift dead pixel unresponsive touch screen)is it worth buying ?
Am getting it from usa to use it in india but what if i have a problem with the device ? Cant replace it !
I fear that alot
Pls help me in deciding to get one or not !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if you dont like having complete control of your device, then rooting is bad, very bad. stay away from it. because root will give you complete control of your device. me i like root, because i like being in complete control ;)
    Hello there developers :)
    Am a NEWBIE from india to the world of android and rooting stuffs
    Hope to learn things from you ppl
    Basically i ve got some queries and here you go
    1.In plans to get a nexus 7 for use in india (no wifi for connectivity) and whats ur thought on that ?
    2. Is rooting so dangerous that i must stay away from it ?
    3.is the screen lift issue still there in nexus 7?
    And finally
    4.will i be able to CONNECT INTERNET THRU 3G DONGLES WITHOUT ROOTING THE NEXUS 7 ?
    Hope to get ur responses soon
    Thank you :)
    Where did you hear rooting is bad!?:confused::confused:
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with rooting.

Sent From My N7 via White Tapatalk
    Never had a problem with a Rooted device, its like getting admin rights on your computer.
    Screenlift is fine if you don't have it from the unboxing, you don't have screen lift.
    If you can't get WiFi connection, I suggest you don't buy a N7 (FLAME ME NOW!) haha.
    First thing i did after unboxing : root and unlock my N7 :)
    I want complete control over my device! There's nothing bad with it.

But no wifi connectivity for a "wifi-only" device? There are UMTS dongles that work with the N7, but dont you want a device with integrated UMTS?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone