[Q] Is the nexus 7 really worth buying despite its flaws ??

Is the nexus 7 really worth buying despite its flaws ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Android311

Dec 13, 2011
California
I've read reviews that the device had issues with the screen lifting. I've had a couple tablets, nook color, nook tablet, kindle fire and I've tested out the new kindle fire HD. Out of all of them I LOVE the nexus 7 and none can touch the nexus 7 imo. I bought one last week and I haven't had any problems. Im sure other members will chime in about there opinions. I would buy it if i were you. I hope my comment helps :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: itsirfandude

ridearoundsolo

Nov 17, 2011
I don't think the newer models have as many issues, my c80 is great and to me this device just keeps getting better, the latest update is also working great on my end so I recommend it highly, its really a steal at the price too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

arkade110

Aug 2, 2012
I love my Nexus 7. It is amazing! It is totally worth it. The unresponsive touch screen is a software issue, which will probably be fixed. I just got a new update, and it seems to be working well so far. If it happens, you just turn the screen off and then back on. (Just sleep mode) I have had no hardware issues with mine, and I love it. It is totally worth it. Go Google!

Asus/Google Nexus 7
CPU: Nvidia Tegra 3 w/ 4 Cores + 1 Low Power Core @ 1.2 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce w/ 12 Cores @ 416 MHz
RAM: 1 GB of DDR3 RAM
ROM: Nexus 7 4.1.1 JRO03D Stock ROM (Rooted)
Kernel: Stock

Reactions: itsirfandude

johnomaz

Oct 28, 2010
I've had mine almost a month now and I haven't seen any flaws. I've been beyond happy with mine. No screen lifting, no wonky display, nothing. Buy one.

rajamahbub

Aug 9, 2012
Nexus 7 won the Gadget and Tablet of the year. Flaws you are mentioning are minor and you can always swap Nexus 7 with a new one if it's faulty. There is no other 7'' tablet out there which is as powerful as N7. You will love every bit of it....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

android88

Jan 21, 2012
My Nexus 7 doesn't have any issues. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I would just buy it and hope you get one without any issues.

rockvoid

Feb 3, 2011
hmm - maybe i would not buy it again...

Display calibration is very bad (washed out colors, bad gamma) -> http://www.displaymate.com/Tablet_7inch_ShootOut_1.htm
Even the cheaper Amazon Kindle Fire HD has a better display!

Android 4.1.2 unfortunately is still a little bit laggy compared to iOS 6 or Windows Phone 7.5.
Only stock-launcher runs pretty smooth - Apps (even chrome) are laggy and have input-lag...
Pixel density is not so good too - you can see pixels if your eyes are nearer than 40cm - that´s much better on iPad 3 (and probably iPad mini).
This make fonts look a little bit blurry ...
The speaker sounds a little bit tinny too (also better on ipad).

If the display would be better and android would run smoother (it´s a shame with that good cpu/gpu) it would be a very great gadget!

Overall the iPad 3 (and probably iPad mini) is much more perfect. If you are looking only for a cheap device you will maybe satisfied with the N7.

Last edited:

Mechanio

Aug 19, 2012
Keep in mind that this site is where people who have problems go to resolve them and/or rant about them, it's definitely not a random sampling. And threads stick around forever, so you can still read about old problems from right when the N7 first came out... the circuit-board has been rev'd, what, 2-3 times since then? And there are a couple of people who seem to have limitless time to stir up the hornet's nest and rally others to their cause (which is, apparently in one notable case, complete misery)... again, not representative of the vast numbers of people who have had zero problems with the N7. That's the thing about confirmation bias... very few people who are having no problems pop by to say "I am having no problems" (we're too busy using the thing to bother). And now we have threads where we are being told that people who have non-problematic N7's just 'think' they have no problems, but they are really just too stupid to notice them... yeah. So...

My wife bought a Nook, then I bought a Kindle. Then the N7 came out, and after playing with it for a couple of days I sent the Kindle back... a bit prematurely, because my wife then sent back her Nook and got a Kindle. All other things being equal, this probably could have been predicted - I need an Android tablet that I can hack to my heart's content, and she needs a vector for the easy procurement and consumption of ebooks, MP3s, and movies. But having tried all three of those devices, I found that none of them was particularly flawed compared to the others... they all had minor problems, most of which were resolved or worked around with a google search; we did have to send the first Nook back when every 8th row of pixels started flickering on and off, but the replacement was fine in that regard... it just didn't fit our usage needs as well as the others.

At this point, if I was still in the market for a tablet the only thing that would keep me from buying a Nexus 7 is the rumored larger-storage version or even the 10" version (though really I find that the 7" tablets have cut down on how much I use both my iphone and my laptop, so the 7" format seems perfect to me. 32GB of storage would be nice though.)

itsirfandude

Oct 2, 2012
Coimbatore
Keep in mind that this site is where people who have problems go to resolve them and/or rant about them, it's definitely not a random sampling. And threads stick around forever, so you can still read about old problems from right when the N7 first came out... the circuit-board has been rev'd, what, 2-3 times since then? And there are a couple of people who seem to have limitless time to stir up the hornet's nest and rally others to their cause (which is, apparently in one notable case, complete misery)... again, not representative of the vast numbers of people who have had zero problems with the N7. That's the thing about confirmation bias... very few people who are having no problems pop by to say "I am having no problems" (we're too busy using the thing to bother). And now we have threads where we are being told that people who have non-problematic N7's just 'think' they have no problems, but they are really just too stupid to notice them... yeah. So...

My wife bought a Nook, then I bought a Kindle. Then the N7 came out, and after playing with it for a couple of days I sent the Kindle back... a bit prematurely, because my wife then sent back her Nook and got a Kindle. All other things being equal, this probably could have been predicted - I need an Android tablet that I can hack to my heart's content, and she needs a vector for the easy procurement and consumption of ebooks, MP3s, and movies. But having tried all three of those devices, I found that none of them was particularly flawed compared to the others... they all had minor problems, most of which were resolved or worked around with a google search; we did have to send the first Nook back when every 8th row of pixels started flickering on and off, but the replacement was fine in that regard... it just didn't fit our usage needs as well as the others.

At this point, if I was still in the market for a tablet the only thing that would keep me from buying a Nexus 7 is the rumored larger-storage version or even the 10" version (though really I find that the 7" tablets have cut down on how much I use both my iphone and my laptop, so the 7" format seems perfect to me. 32GB of storage would be nice though.)

Thank you so much fa ur valuable comment:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've read reviews that the device had issues with the screen lifting. I've had a couple tablets, nook color, nook tablet, kindle fire and I've tested out the new kindle fire HD. Out of all of them I LOVE the nexus 7 and none can touch the nexus 7 imo. I bought one last week and I haven't had any problems. Im sure other members will chime in about there opinions. I would buy it if i were you. I hope my comment helps :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Buy it. Test it in the shop. If not good ask for refund....

I love mine and I live in Europe. Bought in usa....
    I love my Nexus 7. It is amazing! It is totally worth it. The unresponsive touch screen is a software issue, which will probably be fixed. I just got a new update, and it seems to be working well so far. If it happens, you just turn the screen off and then back on. (Just sleep mode) I have had no hardware issues with mine, and I love it. It is totally worth it. Go Google!

Asus/Google Nexus 7
    CPU: Nvidia Tegra 3 w/ 4 Cores + 1 Low Power Core @ 1.2 GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce w/ 12 Cores @ 416 MHz
    RAM: 1 GB of DDR3 RAM
    ROM: Nexus 7 4.1.1 JRO03D Stock ROM (Rooted)
    Kernel: Stock
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone