[Q] Is the Thrive dock connector the same as the Excite?

Search This thread

bleclair

Jan 24, 2010
Albuquerque
Wanted to see if the docking ports are the same or if they had been changed on the newer models...

If they are the same I wanted to try the Thrive multi-dock with my Excite 7.7 to hopefully be able to use the HDMI/USB ports on there...

Thanks!

redandblack1287

Jan 19, 2010
Wanted to see if the docking ports are the same or if they had been changed on the newer models...

If they are the same I wanted to try the Thrive multi-dock with my Excite 7.7 to hopefully be able to use the HDMI/USB ports on there...

Thanks!

In case you don't know this already, I just found out the hard way that the answer is "close, but no"

Reactions: bleclair

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
In case you don't know this already, I just found out the hard way that the answer is "close, but no"

Where did you post about this? I looked in your posts but could not find it. Seems they are the same connector, but would not surprise me if not. Thanks.

Update:

Found another poster elsewhere with the sad details. Toshiba made a great tablet with the E 7.7, but a SUCKY ecosystem. I guess since they priced themselves out of the market, it is what it is. Still like my 32GB none the less, but got it for $380.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Excite-Tablets/Multi-Dock-and-the-Excite/td-p/345700

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Where did you post about this? I looked in your posts but could not find it. Seems they are the same connector, but would not surprise me if not. Thanks.

Update:

Found another poster elsewhere with the sad details. Toshiba made a great tablet with the E 7.7, but a SUCKY ecosystem. I guess since they priced themselves out of the market, it is what it is. Still like my 32GB none the less, but got it for $380.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Excite-Tablets/Multi-Dock-and-the-Excite/td-p/345700

It costs to much, limited accessories with even more limited supply and way to high priced, and locked it up so people who want to root or unlock or dev on it can't. The last is the deal breaker for me, otherwise it would have been one of my first devices to look at vs the n7 or samsungs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!