• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Issues with recovery flashing post Lollipop update.

Search This thread

agent47er

Aug 16, 2012
Delhi
I have been having this issue with flashing recovery on my Nex5 ever since I installed lollipop(factory image).
I have repeatedly tried to install TWRP (2.8.2.0) on my device but it just doesn't seem to stick no matter what I try.
Each time it gets installed but as soon the the system reboots, its gone. If I directly boot into the recovery from fastboot or bootup recoveryafter flash without restarting the bootloader, the TWRP logo shows up and then the device just restarts.

Please help me out here. Really want to go back to PA4

Thanks

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
You probably updated to LRX21O through OTA.

Go back to 4.4.4 through factory image. Boot system once. Reboot to bootloader. Flash twrp. Using vol keys, boot to recovery directly from bootloader. Flash PA.

kimroskas

Jul 28, 2010
Porto
I have been having this issue with flashing recovery on my Nex5 ever since I installed lollipop(factory image).
I have repeatedly tried to install TWRP (2.8.2.0) on my device but it just doesn't seem to stick no matter what I try.
Each time it gets installed but as soon the the system reboots, its gone. If I directly boot into the recovery from fastboot or bootup recoveryafter flash without restarting the bootloader, the TWRP logo shows up and then the device just restarts.

Please help me out here. Really want to go back to PA4

Thanks

Read this.