[Q] Issues with [Rom] CM 10 Gangnam Style

Search This thread

hongsydney

Dec 27, 2012
I need help badly.....I am using Evo 3d Gsm (Root,Unlock,S-off,Hboot 1.49.007) and this [ROM] CM 10 Gangnam Style. My 3g is not working if it is running for like 20 minutes even the 3g icon is still there. Also my phone some time getting very laggy and freeze...i have to lock the screen and turn it on to get this issue away....any1 can help me with this issue?? Many thanks....

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
I need help badly.....I am using Evo 3d Gsm (Root,Unlock,S-off,Hboot 1.49.007) and this [ROM] CM 10 Gangnam Style. My 3g is not working if it is running for like 20 minutes even the 3g icon is still there. Also my phone some time getting very laggy and freeze...i have to lock the screen and turn it on to get this issue away....any1 can help me with this issue?? Many thanks....

Data drops are a common issue on cm10 jb Roms, I would suggest using agrabren disarmed toaster version 67 , or helicopters 88 cm10 nightlies:):)

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

mojomojo_man

Aug 2, 2010
I'm using the same cm10 and it's ok.
Did you wipe all partitions first (except sd) and then install it?
Also you have to install the correct version of gapps. 20121011 i think it was. It's linked to from the op of the thread.
Also your touch screen issues with the Evo 3d could very likely be hardware related. I've had to have that fixed twice at the Sprint store. It's a known issue.

Last edited:

hongsydney

Dec 27, 2012
Thank mojo

I'm using the same cm10 and it's ok.
Did you wipe all partitions first (except sd) and then install it?
Also you have to install the correct version of gapps. 20121011 i think it was. It's linked to from the op of the thread.
Also your touch screen issues with the Evo 3d could very likely be hardware related. I've had to have that fixed twice at the Sprint store. It's a known issue.

Thank mojo for your reply....i did full wipe ( Wipe data/reset + Cach and davik + format partrition without sdcard) before install..About the laggy....it happens not only on my phone but on my friend phone that i try to install this rom on also...so i think this is not relating to hardware....i will try to reflash and choose the right Gapps to see if this fix the issue and report back..

mojomojo_man

Aug 2, 2010
No problem. Also you should be S-Off with any hboot except 1.58.

I did wire trick then flashed jbear 1.58 then downgraded to 1.50 jbear. Then did full wipe and flashed gangnam style cm10. My radio firmware was already up to date. Maybe you should first take the extra time to put it back to stock with ruu just to make sure your radios and everything are most recent? If you have the patience you could try to follow QADERSO (quick and dirty...) guide to returning to stock then doing root and s-off and jbear. Just add final step of downgrading to jbear 1.50 by downloading it to your sdcard and renaming it to PG86IMG.ZIP then going into bootloader once. Then you can wipe and install cm10. Also I use 4ext touch recovery and highly recommend it.

Doing all that should guarantee you are identical to me. There are still some issues with this ROM but not the serious ones you describe.

Problems I'm having are the camera resolution or ratio is weird (i get black bars above and below) and if i connect wifi with 4G on then the 4G goes into some kind of loop connecting then disconnecting then disable and enable adapter and repeat. CM10 power control in notification bar for 4g is kind of spotty too. I'll pay with it for a while longer before making a final decision but I think so far the pros outweigh the cons. I did find also that i was using tons more internal storage and ran out of space for my apps so i partitioned my sd card and have it a 3gb ext4 partition and installed Links2SD app and now have lots of space for apps. Maybe one of these days I'll write a guide for the whole process.

Reactions: hongsydney

mojomojo_man

Aug 2, 2010
Found a bigger issue with this ROM and updating to today's release did not help. /data partition is filling up because wimax is running in debug mode or something. /data/wimax/logs directory is filling up quickly while wimax is on. I had 700mb from less than 24 hrs.

I cleaned them up manually but will need to schedule a batch job to delete it or figure out how to stop generating the logs...

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Found a bigger issue with this ROM and updating to today's release did not help. /data partition is filling up because wimax is running in debug mode or something. /data/wimax/logs directory is filling up quickly while wimax is on. I had 700mb from less than 24 hrs.

I cleaned them up manually but will need to schedule a batch job to delete it or figure out how to stop generating the logs...
Known issue. Just "flash" the attached zip file from recovery which will delete/recreate that directory then mark it immutable so no more logs accumulate.

ramjet73

Attachments

• wimax-logs+i+delete.zip
    143.1 KB · Views: 13

zsibisi

Sep 3, 2010
Huntington Beach,CA
I had a couple of questions if anybody has had experience with such, first one...

Has anyone tried to use the Acid audio RLA5 sound mod and if so, I've heard that having a eq already in the ROM makes it
all goofy for install? Is this true and if so, has anyone else used this mod and what procedure did you do?

As for the second part, has anyone had any luck finding a full inverted gapps that everything will work? I thought I found one but it didn't have contacts inverted, then found another but it crashed google now. If anyone has had any luck could you drop me a link. ( all gapps including mms etc..)

On the 3rd part of the adventure of swapping out apks, I updated google ears via alert from playstore and it crashes something else.. LOL. Its just a never ending battle. But, through the day I found a piece here and there and now it all seems to be working and all inverted and that is after updating what play store wanted to.
Right now creating a flashable.zip that should work but not certain on the rules as to post. I already have a pre- written statement that announces that I take no credit in the creation and also name the Devs responsible and also will be linking their threads as well but not sure if that is enough. If anyone has any input that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Z.

hongsydney

Dec 27, 2012
thank Mojo

I did wire trick then flashed jbear 1.58 then downgraded to 1.50 jbear. Then did full wipe and flashed gangnam style cm10. My radio firmware was already up to date. Maybe you should first take the extra time to put it back to stock with ruu just to make sure your radios and everything are most recent? If you have the patience you could try to follow QADERSO (quick and dirty...) guide to returning to stock then doing root and s-off and jbear. Just add final step of downgrading to jbear 1.50 by downloading it to your sdcard and renaming it to PG86IMG.ZIP then going into bootloader once. Then you can wipe and install cm10. Also I use 4ext touch recovery and highly recommend it.

Doing all that should guarantee you are identical to me. There are still some issues with this ROM but not the serious ones you describe.

Problems I'm having are the camera resolution or ratio is weird (i get black bars above and below) and if i connect wifi with 4G on then the 4G goes into some kind of loop connecting then disconnecting then disable and enable adapter and repeat. CM10 power control in notification bar for 4g is kind of spotty too. I'll pay with it for a while longer before making a final decision but I think so far the pros outweigh the cons. I did find also that i was using tons more internal storage and ran out of space for my apps so i partitioned my sd card and have it a 3gb ext4 partition and installed Links2SD app and now have lots of space for apps. Maybe one of these days I'll write a guide for the whole process.

thank Mojo again for a very clear instruction....I have a question:
1) Is it true that i get my radio update to version 11.77 (it is 10.xx at the moment) when i install this RUU file (RUU_SHOOTER_U_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.28.401.1_Radio_11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M_release_262714_signed.exe).
2)Will my Hboot change after this install??? and also my phone come back to S-on????
3)When i do this install with this file PG86IMG.zip from bootloader then it will get hboot change as far as i know right....???

IF my knowledge was correct, i will give it a try to install the RUU file to update my phone's radio back to 11.77 (it was 11.77 before i did the downgrade hboot to 1.49.007 from 1.53.xx) then install Gangnam Style rom to see if the 3g issue go away....

If i was wrong that when i install the RUU, my phone will be S-on again...im so lazy to try this because i will stick with Viper3d sense 4.1 then...

1 more thing mojo...i am using the latest disarm toaster rom (DisarmedToaster-0.2.9-67-shooteru)

Last edited:

mojomojo_man

Aug 2, 2010
Known issue. Just "flash" the attached zip file from recovery which will delete/recreate that directory then mark it immutable so no more logs accumulate.

ramjet73

Thanks ramjet. Actually I already switched to the AOKP release (Linaro build) which is very similar to the ROM mentioned in this topic and doesn't have the Wimax log issue but hopefully that zip is out there for others to find because I didn't see it in the dev thread for that ROM at least not at the time I mentioned it above anyway. There's a few small Q's I have about this AOKP ROM but I should start a new topic for those.

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks ramjet. Actually I already switched to the AOKP release (Linaro build) which is very similar to the ROM mentioned in this topic and doesn't have the Wimax log issue but hopefully that zip is out there for others to find because I didn't see it in the dev thread for that ROM at least not at the time I mentioned it above anyway. There's a few small Q's I have about this AOKP ROM but I should start a new topic for those.
If you are referring to mazda's AOKP ROM it does have the same problem with wimax logs accumulating and there is link to a post after the last question in the FAQ that has the same zip file I linked in this thread.

ramjet73

Reactions: mojomojo_man

mojomojo_man

Aug 2, 2010
1) Is it true that i get my radio update to version 11.77 (it is 10.xx at the moment) when i install this RUU file (RUU_SHOOTER_U_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.28.401.1_Radio_11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M_release_262714_signed.exe).
2)Will my Hboot change after this install??? and also my phone come back to S-on????
3)When i do this install with this file PG86IMG.zip from bootloader then it will get hboot change as far as i know right....???

IF my knowledge was correct, i will give it a try to install the RUU file to update my phone's radio back to 11.77 (it was 11.77 before i did the downgrade hboot to 1.49.007 from 1.53.xx) then install Gangnam Style rom to see if the 3g issue go away....

If i was wrong that when i install the RUU, my phone will be S-on again...im so lazy to try this because i will stick with Viper3d sense 4.1 then...

1 more thing mojo...i am using the latest disarm toaster rom (DisarmedToaster-0.2.9-67-shooteru)

That RUU file is for Europe.... Are you in Europe? Is that a GSM phone? If so I'm afraid I can't advise about radio firmware versions. Firmware for radio is probably different for European users and the guide which I was referencing is Ramjet's guide found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1889438 but that guide is for Sprint or Virgin Mobile users (CDMA phones). Basically the guide is accurate I think for European user too but the RUU file should be different. Well, you should consult Ramjet on that as he wrote the guide and may know more. Also, you are correct that running the RUU will return the phone almost completely to stock. It replaces radio firmwares and HBOOT and will put you back to non-root. I just suggested it as a way to make sure you go completely back to stock and start from scratch so I can be sure you were on same versions of everything as me but if you are in Europe you cannot exactly follow it maybe. Anyway, I think you have explained all your issues though. By the sound of it you probably flashed USA (Sprint) radio firmware by accident when you downgraded your HBOOT. Next time you downgrade HBOOT you should make sure the file you are using is HBOOT only with NO radio firmwares in it.

So I think you have two options....

1.) To go back to stock using latest Europe RUU, root/S-OFF phone again (S-OFF might stay, I forget), put 4EXT back and then try to downgrade HBOOT to a compatible version again. This time you must downgrade without changing radios or if you can find a flashable zip with just your proper European 11.77 radios then you can flash just the radios back to 11.77 after downgrade. I don't know the version numbers for GSM phones for HBOOT or radios so I apologize if I am getting this wrong.

2.) Assuming your only problem is the 3g connection currently then maybe you can just find a flashable zip which will update only your radio firmware back to 11.77 without having to go completely back to stock. If everything else about the phone seems OK then this is definitely faster assuming you can find the right file.

Again, I know little about GSM phones and European radios so you may want to find a more knowledgeable person to help you. Definitely though if you flashed the wrong radios then you will lose your 3G connection! I have seen HBOOT's posted both with and without radio firmwares included so I think from now on you must be extra careful when flashing HBOOT to make sure you are not changing radios to USA radios and you should keep around a flashable zip with only your 11.77 radios in it so you can fix this as it may happen again.

Good luck! :cool:

Reactions: hongsydney

mojomojo_man

Aug 2, 2010
If you are referring to mazda's AOKP ROM it does have the same problem with wimax logs accumulating and there is link to a post after the last question in the FAQ that has the same zip file I linked in this thread.

ramjet73

Yes, Mazda's rom is the one I am using now. I wiped everything, then flashed 3.5 and then immediately did incremental to 3.5.2 then gapps of course and wiped dalvik and rebooted into rom. I checked and wimax logs were not accumulating like they had been. I just checked again and there are only some small "sequansd##.log" files in that directory but these files are tiny (about 9kb) each. I suppose it could become a problem after many months of use but when I was using the Gangnam Style CM10 rom mentioned in the title I filled the remainder of my /data partition in a single day with a ton of 500K files (forgot the name of the file) in addition to the sequansd files. So I guess these logs if not rotated could eventually become a problem but the severity of the issue is nowhere near on the same scale with a clean install Mazda's 3.5.2. :cowboy:

I just set the /data/wimax/logs folder permissions to 440 and deleted the sequansd log files so I think that will suffice? If not I'll flash the zip. I'm just being lazy. ;)

BTW, thanks for your posts in Mazda's thread (using Power Toggles now and I love it) and your QADERSO guide. Both have been very helpful to me.

MistedEvo

Jan 3, 2013
Terrebonne
That ROM is known to have data drops on a mobile network. You can't do anything about it as the ROM is built that way. The only fix would be for the developer to fix it or for you to chanhe ROM.

Goodluck!

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
I just set the /data/wimax/logs folder permissions to 440 and deleted the sequansd log files so I think that will suffice? If not I'll flash the zip. I'm just being lazy. ;)

Logs were still being written even when people changed permissions. The only way to stop the logs was to make the folder immutable. I flash the zip as part of my install.

Reactions: mojomojo_man

hongsydney

Dec 27, 2012
That RUU file is for Europe.... Are you in Europe? Is that a GSM phone? If so I'm afraid I can't advise about radio firmware versions. Firmware for radio is probably different for European users and the guide which I was referencing is Ramjet's guide found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1889438 but that guide is for Sprint or Virgin Mobile users (CDMA phones). Basically the guide is accurate I think for European user too but the RUU file should be different. Well, you should consult Ramjet on that as he wrote the guide and may know more. Also, you are correct that running the RUU will return the phone almost completely to stock. It replaces radio firmwares and HBOOT and will put you back to non-root. I just suggested it as a way to make sure you go completely back to stock and start from scratch so I can be sure you were on same versions of everything as me but if you are in Europe you cannot exactly follow it maybe. Anyway, I think you have explained all your issues though. By the sound of it you probably flashed USA (Sprint) radio firmware by accident when you downgraded your HBOOT. Next time you downgrade HBOOT you should make sure the file you are using is HBOOT only with NO radio firmwares in it.

1.) To go back to stock using latest Europe RUU, root/S-OFF phone again (S-OFF might stay, I forget), put 4EXT back and then try to downgrade HBOOT to a compatible version again. This time you must downgrade without changing radios or if you can find a flashable zip with just your proper European 11.77 radios then you can flash just the radios back to 11.77 after downgrade. I don't know the version numbers for GSM phones for HBOOT or radios so I apologize if I am getting this wrong.

2.) Assuming your only problem is the 3g connection currently then maybe you can just find a flashable zip which will update only your radio firmware back to 11.77 without having to go completely back to stock. If everything else about the phone seems OK then this is definitely faster assuming you can find the right file.

Again, I know little about GSM phones and European radios so you may want to find a more knowledgeable person to help you. Definitely though if you flashed the wrong radios then you will lose your 3G connection! I have seen HBOOT's posted both with and without radio firmwares included so I think from now on you must be extra careful when flashing HBOOT to make sure you are not changing radios to USA radios and you should keep around a flashable zip with only your 11.77 radios in it so you can fix this as it may happen again.

WOW.....i think i got the wrong Rom downgrading my Hboot to 1.49.007......My phone's radio was 11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06 and Hboot=1.53.......After i tried to S-off and downgrade hboot to 1.49.007....my phone radio is 10.53.9020.00U_10.13.9020.08 at the moment and it is working fine with my rom Viper3d R310. Also i live in asia Vietnam......

Mojo....do you think i should get my radio back to 11.77 even my phone is working fine with this radio 10.53,??? i really dont know where can i look up the file for the radio only??/ and how to install it....anyone here can help me with the correct file for the radio???

mojomojo_man

Aug 2, 2010
Yup. You're right. Still accumulating. I'll flash the zip. Although it's probably just a debug setting somewhere that needs to be flipped off. Could be in kernel or in the module loading. Although I'm thinking in Linux terms. Not sure how much of that really translates to android and I'm not about to start mucking around compiling my own kernel. :D

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yup. You're right. Still accumulating. I'll flash the zip. Although it's probably just a debug setting somewhere that needs to be flipped off. Could be in kernel or in the module loading. Although I'm thinking in Linux terms. Not sure how much of that really translates to android and I'm not about to start mucking around compiling my own kernel. :D
This issue first surfaced in agrabren's disarmed toaster CM10 ROM and he didn't offer another solution, so I have to believe that any thing other than what has already been suggested would not be trivial. ;)

ramjet73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ramjet73

Logs were still being written even when people changed permissions. The only way to stop the logs was to make the folder immutable. I flash the zip as part of my install.