[Q] It's Possible Recovery mmcblk1p18 Partition (NO BACKUPED)

Search This thread

linusmax

May 11, 2003
Putignano (BA)
I have no backup copy of my CID partition and after many attempts I came to the conclusion that there is no way to eliminate the problem of the boot with the procedures BP Tools.

How many people are in the same my condition? What can we do? we have some hope to put away our terminal or we break everything to send to Motorola for repair it?

There Is anyone able to fix it using a backup from another terminal ?

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
I'm in the same condition and some other Users in Germany, too.

I think support will show us the dirty finger, when we send it in :thumbdown:

I mean, what should we say, when they ask how we deleted the CID :confused: :D

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

linusmax

May 11, 2003
Putignano (BA)
I'm in the same condition and some other Users in Germany, too.

I think support will show us the dirty finger, when we send it in :thumbdown:

I mean, what should we say, when they ask how we deleted the CID :confused: :D

And no! If I have to say that I was broken before I reset all the areas from p1 to p26, from system to boot.

BUT the point is not that. I can not think that in this forum there are only you and me. I think that we read also Motorola Developers and many great developers

It would be important to give a solution to this problem because the CID is not the same of the IMEI, does not contain information unrecoverable.

NO ONE HAS AN IDEA?

Thanks to all

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
And no! If I have to say that I was broken before I reset all the areas from p1 to p26, from system to boot.

BUT the point is not that. I can not think that in this forum there are only you and me. I think that we Motorola Law

It would be important to give a solution to this problema, because the CID is not the same of the IMEI, does not contain information unrecoverable

NO ONE HAS AN IDEA?

Hi

Am a lawer. I dont see a way to charge motorola on this because it's exclusive responsability of users.

I any case you can complain to moto/google about the fragility of this system aleging secure issues. I personaly do not trust this hypothesis.

My though

Enviado de meu XT910 usando o Tapatalk 2

linusmax

May 11, 2003
Putignano (BA)
Hi

Am a lawer. I dont see a way to charge motorola on this because it's exclusive responsability of users.

I any case you can complain to moto/google about the fragility of this system aleging secure issues. I personaly do not trust this hypothesis.

My though

Yes I think that if a memory area is important moto/google should give the user a way to fix your device. We are not talking of the memory area where it says the IMEI but a memory area where there is only the nationality of the device. Motorola would have to create a routines in boot sequense that can fix this, without stop everything. Now my question is legitimate.

Could I create a major fault to reactivate the device and then let me fix my warranty?

I find it shameful for so little.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Yes I think that if a memory area is important moto/google should give the user a way to fix your device. We are not talking of the memory area where it says the IMEI but a memory area where there is only the nationality of the device. Motorola would have to create a routines in boot sequense that can fix this, without stop everything. Now my question is legitimate.

Could I create a major fault to reactivate the device and then let me fix my warranty?

Hi

Not sure about this.

That area cant be damaged under a regular use. Also, it doesn't contains any personal information so more secure is not necessary. Beside that a 100% safe system just doesn't exist so crackin it cant be covered by warranty of it or any device. That said you can realize that's a 100% user fault.

Sometimes is hard to see this because its a software damage, but imagine you had opened (fisically) the device. Technically its the same idea to law matters.

Regarding causing a major fault to get warranty back is not 100% honest, is it?

Not personal, just my opinion and of course I can be wrong...

Cheers

Reactions: linusmax

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
so, even if we finally have the official ICS fast boot, that won't help either?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly. Even rooting or flashing roms wouldn't change anything on partitions. I think motorola can fix it but will probably charge for.

This is a mess. Theres actually a lot of guys with this problem.

Have seen motorola fix even worse cases otherwise. You can be lucky too.

farhanito

Aug 21, 2010
Jakarta
well that's sucks.

I have my own backed up, but haven't tried restoring it. In case the backup is corrupted, then I'm screwed as well.

This surely need another solutions.

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
If your backup has 512kb I think, you'll be fine. Just restore it lucky guy.

I played an Test-Pilot for that Root. When I tried it, I thought flashing the Fastboot would fix it. I have asked, if it would be an problem and the answer was NO :thumbdown:

But after a few minutes it was an Problem :p :D

whirleyes

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2007
github.com
well that's sucks.

I have my own backed up, but haven't tried restoring it. In case the backup is corrupted, then I'm screwed as well.

make a backup of your backup?? backup partition which is not included
in fastboot package

there are atleast 26 partition on this phone.
some of them is used by bootloader,radio & android

Last edited:
Reactions: linusmax

weiimyway

Apr 23, 2012
same problem

Hi, 1st of all take a look at my thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1653271...

I have the same problem as yours...i cant restore my mmcblk with the correct one (my own mmcblk)...already try with the same file from different RAZR but it doesn't work...

From what i read here, there are no solution to solve this problem (even with ICS fastboot later) except use our own file or get it to service center rite??....:(

linusmax

May 11, 2003
Putignano (BA)
Hi, 1st of all take a look at my thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1653271...

I have the same problem as yours...i cant restore my mmcblk with the correct one (my own mmcblk)...already try with the same file from different RAZR but it doesn't work...

From what i read here, there are no solution to solve this problem (even with ICS fastboot later) except use our own file or get it to service center rite??....:(

This post for me is most important because i want understand if exist some hope or idea for repair this partition. We can study this partition ? there is some element of departure ? or amen.

Thanks for idea.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012

Hi,

I got this post of you in the other thread:

thank you so much guys for ur reply...
until today i still get customerIDerror n lost mass storage function...
I already root with motofail, restore with connectbot, but the problem persist...

I need to know, is that mmcblk different on every device even they use the same ROM? and what size is mmcblk file is?

I ask because my very own mmcblk is 0 Byte size. is that mean that my backup failed? thats why i use mmcblk backup from my friend with the same ROM. the size ia 512kb....

If mmcblk is spesific for each device, is that mean i cant make it works?? is there any method to solve my problem?

-regards-
weiimyway

Hi Weii!

You got a corrupted mmcblk backup. You can't restore another razr partition (as many of us though before) since it contains especific information from each device. So, you are stuck with this (BP Tools trick). You'll gonna need to send it to motorola services for a repair/replacement. But I'm not sure if even motorola can fix this 4 u.

@linusmax The cdt.bin can be edited, but you need the phone info, so, it's unusefull.

Cheers

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
I've asked our service in Germany, what we can do to get this Partition back.

They give me an quotation about 259€ for changing the board. (We can buy an new RazR on Amazon for 299€)

titusxperia10

Dec 30, 2010
Guadalajara, Jal.
Yep, even when I DID and have my mmclbk1p18 cid block backed up, when tried to return from this china leak to gb brasil retail, (restoring of course this backed up partition) didn't work for me anymore, so I've become an FP Tools starter from now on...

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

linusmax

May 11, 2003
Putignano (BA)
Yep, even when I DID and have my mmclbk1p18 cid block backed up, when tried to return from this china leak to gb brasil retail, (restoring of course this backed up partition) didn't work for me anymore, so I've become an FP Tools starter from now on...

But if you have your backup of p18 partition you can restore it if it is valid backup 512k. Many people are restore it and work.

I have 3 copy of p18 partition (not my unfortunately) and i work on it, if anyone want share your p18 partition send also in private message to me. I work on it , compare sector and many other test. i have discovered that this partition not is static. When you upgrade from gb to ics there is a part of it that are migrate; i regret that it is not checked and updated, which Moto/google should do.

I watched this thing does not happen if the partition is set to zero or empty. if I restore any partition of the p18 even if it is not my migrated although it is not valid.

it seems that only a part of the partition changes and does not apply any modification to the rest of the partition including possible check placed at the end. Remains unchanged throughout except for the first part that changes.

Reactions: titusxperia10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi

Not sure about this.

That area cant be damaged under a regular use. Also, it doesn't contains any personal information so more secure is not necessary. Beside that a 100% safe system just doesn't exist so crackin it cant be covered by warranty of it or any device. That said you can realize that's a 100% user fault.

Sometimes is hard to see this because its a software damage, but imagine you had opened (fisically) the device. Technically its the same idea to law matters.

Regarding causing a major fault to get warranty back is not 100% honest, is it?

Not personal, just my opinion and of course I can be wrong...

Cheers

well that's sucks.

make a backup of your backup?? backup partition which is not included
    in fastboot package

there are atleast 26 partition on this phone.
    some of them is used by bootloader,radio & android

But if you have your backup of p18 partition you can restore it if it is valid backup 512k. Many people are restore it and work.

I have 3 copy of p18 partition (not my unfortunately) and i work on it, if anyone want share your p18 partition send also in private message to me. I work on it , compare sector and many other test. i have discovered that this partition not is static. When you upgrade from gb to ics there is a part of it that are migrate; i regret that it is not checked and updated, which Moto/google should do.

I watched this thing does not happen if the partition is set to zero or empty. if I restore any partition of the p18 even if it is not my migrated although it is not valid.

it seems that only a part of the partition changes and does not apply any modification to the rest of the partition including possible check placed at the end. Remains unchanged throughout except for the first part that changes.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=26996743

That's timing dude :thumbup:

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone