• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] JB ROMS radio signal loss?

Search This thread

rudyo78427

Mar 13, 2013
san jose
Hello DInc 4G community,

I was curious to know if anyone else has seen low call signal or 4G signal loss with JB based ROMs? I have tried CM10.1 and the Avatar ROM and when flashing either, the cell signal strength only show's up to 3 bars as well as my phone always reverting to 3G instead of 4G. If I go back to stock based ROM, my cell signal shows full bars as well as the data mostly in 4G mode. Not sure it this is an artifact of the status bar indicator icon or possible firmware related? When I had my Dinc2 and was using ICS based ROM's, I had noticed improvements when flashing the ICS firmware.Wondered if this was the same for the DInc4g LTE?:confused:

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Hello DInc 4G community,

I was curious to know if anyone else has seen low call signal or 4G signal loss with JB based ROMs? I have tried CM10.1 and the Avatar ROM and when flashing either, the cell signal strength only show's up to 3 bars as well as my phone always reverting to 3G instead of 4G. If I go back to stock based ROM, my cell signal shows full bars as well as the data mostly in 4G mode. Not sure it this is an artifact of the status bar indicator icon or possible firmware related? When I had my Dinc2 and was using ICS based ROM's, I had noticed improvements when flashing the ICS firmware.Wondered if this was the same for the DInc4g LTE?:confused:

that's kind of miss leading, if you check the numbers on your signal on both roms they are about the same. the number of bars is just different, as for the 3g and 4g stuff i'm not sure, never checked the numbers

rudyo78427

Mar 13, 2013
san jose
I've seen the same thing, not looking at bars, but dbm
As in lower signal, more loss of reception on jb

Yeah...forgot to mention that. At home with a stock ROM or even debloated stock ROM I get -79 to -90 dBm (4 -5 full bar icon). When I was using CM10.1 based ROM's I was seeing -89 to -101 dBm range (2-3 bar icon). :rolleyes: So I'm staying with the PizzutoClaws ROM as my daily driver

Last edited:

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Yeah...forgot to mention that. At home with a stock ROM or even debloated stock ROM I get -79 to -90 dBm (4 -5 full bar icon). When I was using CM10.1 based ROM's I was seeing -89 to -101 dBm range (2-3 bar icon). :rolleyes: So I'm staying with the PizzutoClaws ROM as my daily driver

well when you get -79 to -90 are you on cdma or lte, there's a difference. when i'm on cdma on cm10 i get -75 when on lte i get -90 to -101

rudyo78427

Mar 13, 2013
san jose
well when you get -79 to -90 are you on cdma or lte, there's a difference. when i'm on cdma on cm10 i get -75 when on lte i get -90 to -101

My lower values I posted are on LTE. The lower the - dBm / dB value the better or closer you are to the Tower. As my signal gets worse 1-2 bar graph, I'm at -118 to -120 dBm on 4G. When my phone switches to 3G/EVDO/1x the signal strength is only showing dB value.

vazersecurity

Aug 2, 2012
Provo, UT
Google Pixel 5
My 4G doesn't work at all on CM10.1. Just a hint on how to avoid this... Never mess with radio settings or try updating roaming capabilities. CyangenMod will break your 4G. There are problems with CyangenMod and device radios. There needs to be a way to reprogram the Radio Bands. Someone please try and figure something out. I have figured out a way on how to manipulate the radio to connect to 4G. But it is kinda complicated. You have have to switch the CDMA Subscription from RUIM/SIM to NV, then go to the dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#* then go into Phone Information, then go to "Set preferred network type:" and make sure that it says: "LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)" then restart your phone. There are a couple downsides to this.
1) Your calling won't work.
2) Your messaging won't work.
--
The only good thing about this is faster internet than 3G. About 1 MBps. (Roughly)
That is one thing I discovered while trying to repair my 4G. Good luck and if you figure it out, there is a forum that is called 4G Not Working that needs a solution to this specific problem. Please share it.

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using xda app-developers app

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
My 4G doesn't work at all on CM10.1. Just a hint on how to avoid this... Never mess with radio settings or try updating roaming capabilities. CyangenMod will break your 4G. There are problems with CyangenMod and device radios. There needs to be a way to reprogram the Radio Bands. Someone please try and figure something out. I have figured out a way on how to manipulate the radio to connect to 4G. But it is kinda complicated. You have have to switch the CDMA Subscription from RUIM/SIM to NV, then go to the dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#* then go into Phone Information, then go to "Set preferred network type:" and make sure that it says: "LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)" then restart your phone. There are a couple downsides to this.
1) Your calling won't work.
2) Your messaging won't work.
--
The only good thing about this is faster internet than 3G. About 1 MBps. (Roughly)
That is one thing I discovered while trying to repair my 4G. Good luck and if you figure it out, there is a forum that is called 4G Not Working that needs a solution to this specific problem. Please share it.

if you would read the OP IN DEVELOPMENT you could solve these problems, concerning cm10.1 md has made it quite clear there

vazersecurity

Aug 2, 2012
Provo, UT
Google Pixel 5
Yeah I know not to talk to you because you're kinda a jerk. I just talked to Verizon and got it sorted out with them. I now have working 4G. But remove the *228 feature in your ROM, because that's what the problem was. It messed up my SIM Card because I wasn't aware you weren't supposed to do *228 on a phone like this. You developers are just too serious. Need to lighten up a little bit to the developers that haven't really got that much experience.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda app-developers app

somerandomname1

Aug 24, 2012
Yeah I know not to talk to you because you're kinda a jerk. I just talked to Verizon and got it sorted out with them. I now have working 4G. But remove the *228 feature in your ROM, because that's what the problem was. It messed up my SIM Card because I wasn't aware you weren't supposed to do *228 on a phone like this. You developers are just too serious. Need to lighten up a little bit to the developers that haven't really got that much experience.

So...you weren't aware you weren't supposed to do *228? So you messed up? And you blame the developer? The guy making everyone's phone better. Moron.

somerandomname1

Aug 24, 2012
Not blaming the developer. Just how he treated me. I did mess up. Sorry about that.

Asking for more information so he might be able to identify your problem is a huge jerk move. Now I understand....

Don't try to learn something if you can't take constructive criticism. It's natural to be frustrated when you're very experienced with something and someone asks for help with few details. Dumb questions get dumb answers.

Reactions: vazersecurity

vazersecurity

Aug 2, 2012
Provo, UT
Google Pixel 5
Asking for more information so he might be able to identify your problem is a huge jerk move. Now I understand....

Don't try to learn something if you can't take constructive criticism. It's natural to be frustrated when you're very experienced with something and someone asks for help with few details. Dumb questions get dumb answers.

Yeah, I'm just a little sensitive, need to work on that myself. But this site isn't for talking about that. haha.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So...you weren't aware you weren't supposed to do *228? So you messed up? And you blame the developer? The guy making everyone's phone better. Moron.

Not blaming the developer. Just how he treated me. I did mess up. Sorry about that.