[Q] Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Samsung GT-S5300 (Galaxy pocket)

Search This thread

Puravv

Oct 16, 2012
Hello,

I want to install and run Jelly bean 4.1.1 on my Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-s5300). So my questions are :

1) Is it possible to run Jelly beans 4.1.1 on GT-s5300.

2) If yes then where can I find the Jelly Beans ROM and how can i flash it on my GT-S5300.

Please help I am tired of running Android 2.3 on my phone.

Thanks

sany

Nov 13, 2006
ICS not available yet for S5300

Hi

I don't think there is one that exists . Even I am waiting for one. 2.3.6 official ROM is too slow, it atleast takes 3-4 seconds to start a call after pressing the green 'call' button.

In the past I heard rumours of Android 4.0 officially getting available for this device (but you know it is Samsung - generally they take around a year to get their updates to reach their device) so not sure if this is first of all true. There are other ROMs that call it like 'jelly mod roms', but they are again not ICS versions. Not sure why Cyanogen Mod is not working on this device.

There is a place called 'Androidust' blogs - where I noticed twice that they are running an article on an app that can be installed on an ICS based ROM on Galaxy Pocket, which is pure mockery - why? because there is no single ICS Rom that is yet available to run this app on this device and they are running this article as to how to port that app on an ICS running galaxy pocket! will they every do the research before posting such blogs!

I am even trying to dump this device for a sony ericsson mini (as I am looking for small form factor device or some device from micromax) owing to its slow speed, mainly it makes me go crazy during initiating a dial.

Reactions: kingkaveh

DJ Galax

Sep 20, 2012
Nijmegen
There is a place called 'Androidust' blogs - where I noticed twice that they are running an article on an app that can be installed on an ICS based ROM on Galaxy Pocket, which is pure mockery - why? because there is no single ICS Rom that is yet available to run this app on this device and they are running this article as to how to port that app on an ICS running galaxy pocket! will they every do the research before posting such blogs!

I recall reading these and I'm pissed off at them for publishing stuff like that.

Anyhow, there is no official ICS/JB, nor is there CyanogenMod... your best bet is to flash the MAK-DROID ROM for speeding up your device a little bit and then flashing JellyMOD on top of it. It's the closest you're going to get for now. It will require you to root your device though and you will lose all your data so back it up if you need to. If you don't want to root or flash, then there's little you can do.

Also, I heard someone ported CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 but I have yet to see a download link for it.

HTH

Sent from my GT-S5300

Last edited:

epipok

Sep 11, 2012
Theres a firmware available on the web for samsung s5301 galaxy pocket plus which is run on ics 4.0 but im not pretty sure if it'll work on s5300 too. if some developers here interested i can give the link

Sent from my GT-S5300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: kingkaveh

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
Hi!

Humm....

Can you give me the link? I have my GT-S5300 :))

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Theres a firmware available on the web for samsung s5301 galaxy pocket plus which is run on ics 4.0 but im not pretty sure if it'll work on s5300 too. if some developers here interested i can give the link

Can I have the link? Please? I'll try it to my GT-S5300

zezeto

Dec 27, 2012

Can you also give me the link? Thanks.
Has anyone tried it yet on the samsung S5300?

epipok

Sep 11, 2012
can i have the link too? ^^

btw, anyone using it for a while? how fast/slow it is? ^^

pm sent ;)

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

to all requesting for te link here it is, pls. read carefully before attempting to upgrade.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/12/15/install-galaxy-pocket-plus-s5301-xxalj7-android-404-official-firmware/2/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I want to install and run Jelly bean 4.1.1 on my Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-s5300). So my questions are :

1) Is it possible to run Jelly beans 4.1.1 on GT-s5300.

2) If yes then where can I find the Jelly Beans ROM and how can i flash it on my GT-S5300.

Please help I am tired of running Android 2.3 on my phone.

Thanks

I recall reading these and I'm pissed off at them for publishing stuff like that.

Anyhow, there is no official ICS/JB, nor is there CyanogenMod... your best bet is to flash the MAK-DROID ROM for speeding up your device a little bit and then flashing JellyMOD on top of it. It's the closest you're going to get for now. It will require you to root your device though and you will lose all your data so back it up if you need to. If you don't want to root or flash, then there's little you can do.

Also, I heard someone ported CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 but I have yet to see a download link for it.

HTH

Sent from my GT-S5300
    i have rooted my galaxy y 5360 and successfully updated to 4.1.1 from 2.3.6
    Pls give me the download link:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Humm....