[Q] [Jelly Bean] Nexus 7 UI on Galaxy Nexus?

Search This thread

McDV

May 26, 2008
Hi!

While the Nexus 7 UI is a disappointment for many people, I think it would be a great alternative for our Galaxy Nexus!

Has anyone got an idea how to get that UI on our phones (of course only with the leaked version of Jelly Bean running)?

Just changing the density doesn't work. But maybe it would work to replace the framework and SystemUI.apk with the ones from the Nexus 7 system dump?

Regards
McDV

TjPhysicist

Dec 23, 2007
Hi!

While the Nexus 7 UI is a disappointment for many people, I think it would be a great alternative for our Galaxy Nexus!

Has anyone got an idea how to get that UI on our phones (of course only with the leaked version of Jelly Bean running)?

Just changing the density doesn't work. But maybe it would work to replace the framework and SystemUI.apk with the ones from the Nexus 7 system dump?

Regards
McDV
I don't understand what you mean, im running the leaked JB on Galaxy Nexus, and I'm not sure how it lookks any different from N7

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Hi!

Regards
McDV

Nexus 7 is the same as the phone ui. Not different from regular jelly bean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

McDV

May 26, 2008
do note.. that nexus 7 does not use the tablet UI, it uses regular phone ui. The notification bar on the nexus 7 is on the top not on the bottom i have no idea why...but that's the way it is.

I tried 192 dpi. I think that's not the same. First Nexus 7 uses 213 dpi, that's not that small.
But a big difference is that on Nexus 7 the navigation bar always stays at the bottom as it seemed on the keynote. On my Galaxy Nexus it is always on the short side of the display. Just one difference. ;)

The main point is that Nexus 7 runs the apps in Tablet mode.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

TjPhysicist

Dec 23, 2007
I tried 192 dpi. I think that's not the same. First Nexus 7 uses 213 dpi, that's not that small.
But a big difference is that on Nexus 7 the navigation bar always stays at the bottom as it seemed on the keynote. On my Galaxy Nexus it is always on the short side of the display. Just one difference. ;)

The main point is that Nexus 7 runs the apps in Tablet mode.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

n7 also has some important differences like notification pull down being only a portion of the full bar (which happens with Gnexus with 180 or 192 DPI), and also if you turn n7 into portrait (to be confirmed it turns 2 pane apps (like people) into 1 pane only). EVEYRTHING else works in 180DPI on Gnexus, even the new UIs for youtube etc, EXCEPT the pane switching.