[Q] Kernels and ROM for Kegbot

Search This thread

stieg

Dec 25, 2010
Howdy XDAers,

So I'm currently in the process of trying to complete my Kegbot install. I have a Nexus 7 (Grouper) that was upgraded to Lollipop (5.0.2) and was following the instructions as given at <DEFEAT ROBOT>https://forum.kegbot.org/t/howto-root-nexus-7/203/7</DEFEAT ROBOT>. The problem is that post was written for the Kit Kat version of Android. And unfortunately the Kangaroo kernels they have linked to have been replaced by someone trying to install malware on my system (the nerve). So that was a dead end.

Anyway I am looking for a kernel that allows me to use USB OTG and charge my Nexus at the same time while on Lollipop. Does such a kernel exist yet? About 45 minutes of Googling has yielded nothing. If not can someone point me to where I can find a Kit Kat kernel with the aforementioned support and an accompanying ROM to go with it. I can handle the rest from there. Thanks gents (and ladies if any are in here).

[ EDIT ] : Spelling and Grammar.

Last edited:

Cains

Jul 21, 2008
Hi Stieg.

Did you ever figure this out? i`m in the same situation myself. just started my kegbot build but i am trying to run the server directly from the Tablet.