• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Kindle Fire 2 (10.4.1) Red Screen Recovery

Search This thread

nanotibz

Mar 26, 2013
Hi there,
I would like to ask if there is someone that could help me solve my problem.

I was going to install a custom ROM from Hashcode (OFFICIAL CM10.1), but before I had a chance to flash it I stumbled upon a problem when I tried to flash TWRP from TWEEZERMOD 1-CLICK cordless METHOD, I downloaded TWRP ran it and while it was installing
it rebooted my Kindle Fire 2 I could see Kindle Fire logo and after that flowed by RED SCREEN and no way out of there, I can turn it off when I
long press the power button for 20 seconds, but after I turn it on same thing happens Kindle Fire logo and followed by RED Screen.

I purchased a fastboot cable from Ebay
and after plugging it into my KF2 and then into my laptop, I'm stuck at Fastboot screen with a traffic light BLINKING GREEN.

Can anyone help me with the next steps, as I have no idea what to do, and I tried to google this with no luck.

Thank in advance :)

nanotibz

Mar 26, 2013
Screen

Actually I followed your instructions at the beggining of your thread and they worked like a charm, the KF First Aid didn't for some reason,

But anyway thank you lots.

For people who have the same problem just download this tool from mindmajick

Restoration tool link:

Once downloaded run the tool and in the options choose

1st Check fastboot status

2nd Erase cache and userdata

3rd Restore-Boot and recovery

4th then wait after your Kindle will be booting for a bit, at some point I thought I was stuck at the booting logo but it was just preparing your KF2 ;)

SUCCESS =D

Attachments

• IMG_20130531_140904.jpg
    IMG_20130531_140904.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:

nanotibz

Mar 26, 2013
Red Screen Kindle Fire 2 Help

Follow the instructions in my post.. It's the last one in the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2035047

Read the OP first and download the tool in post #2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Hi there again,

I'm completely lost,

I don't even know how to mount raw system image file nor what it is,

maybe if that is fine for you, could you send me a step by step guide please.

Kind REGARDS :fingers-crossed:

nanotibz

Mar 26, 2013

I have had a look at that one and for some reason the KF First Aide cannot find my device,
it keeps giving me this message whenever I try to Completly restore or Display the fastboot Status
"The system cannot find the path specified".

I would like to try it your way but as I don't understand the terms used it your instructions or procedures I'm unable to do so,
that is why I asked for you step by step guide.

So when I got to your post I went straight into last page number 4

Followed these steps

QUOTE:
DRIVERS- USE THE ONES IN THIS POST- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838

ADB- USE THE ADB FROM THE KINDLE FIRE FIRST AID TOOL-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2096888

I installed Kindle fire First AID tool and also installed the drivers needed, unistalled SDK.

Now I don't know what to do, can you help me please?:)

nanotibz

Mar 26, 2013
Red Screen Kindle Fire 2 Help Solved

Actually I followed your instructions at the beggining of your thread and they worked like a charm, the KF First Aid didn't for some reason,

But anyway thank you lots.

For people who have the same problem just download this tool from mindmajick

Restoration tool link:

Once downloaded run the tool and in the options choose

1st Check fastboot status

2nd Erase cache and userdata

3rd Restore-Boot and recovery

4th then wait after your Kindle will be booting for a bit, at some point I thought I was stuck at the booting logo but it was just preparing your KF2 ;)

aSUCCESS =D

Last edited:

nanotibz

Mar 26, 2013

Follow the instructions in my post.. It's the last one in the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2035047

Read the OP first and download the tool in post #2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

And one more question,

I just check the list of my apps and I see that my super user is still there and working,

does that mean my Kindle is still rooted?

If so is there any way I could install Gapps on it, the version of my Kindle Fire 2 is 10.4.1

Thank you:highfive:

nanotibz

Mar 26, 2013
Upgrading your Kindle Fire 2

I will be making a new thread about transforming your Kindle Fire 2 into and Android table if I can get it right it'll be step by step guide. :good:

dugoy13

Nov 21, 2012
Cainta
And one more question,

I just check the list of my apps and I see that my super user is still there and working,

does that mean my Kindle is still rooted?

If so is there any way I could install Gapps on it, the version of my Kindle Fire 2 is 10.4.1

Thank you:highfive:

You know there is cm10 for kf2 .-.

Sent from my air conditioner unit running CyanogenMod

nanotibz

Mar 26, 2013
Installing your custom ROM on my KF2"

You know there is cm10 for kf2 .-.

Sent from my air conditioner unit running CyanogenMod

Hello there,

Yes I do know that, but as it didn't work for me to install TWRP which is quite important for flashing a new ROM

I will be doing a step by step guide that worked for me.

You see I was following the instruction for Hashcode CM 10.1 and when I tried to install TWRP on my KF2

I got stuck at the Red Screen, and then I had to unbrick my KF2, thanks to Mindmajick I unbricked. :D

Last edited:

flopower1996

Sep 8, 2012
Hello there,

Yes I do know that, but as it didn't work for me to install TWRP which is quite important for flashing a new ROM

You see I was following the instruction for Hashcode CM 10.1 and when I tried to install TWRP in my KF2

I got stuck at the Red Screen, which thanks to Mindmajick I unbricked. :D

I check now, if the secruity hole is fixed in 10.4.1

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nanotibz

andrew2163

Oct 7, 2010
Easley
www.lucid-art.com
Hello there,

You see I was following the instruction for Hashcode CM 10.1 and when I tried to install TWRP on my KF2

I got stuck at the Red Screen, and then I had to unbrick my KF2, thanks to Mindmajick I unbricked. :D

I've got a Factory cable on the way, will be here tomorrow.

Also DL'd the KF2 SRT from MindMajick, I'm assuming this does require said Factory Cable, no?

Thanks!

nanotibz

Mar 26, 2013
Red Screen Kindle Fire 2 Help Solved

I've got a Factory cable on the way, will be here tomorrow.

Also DL'd the KF2 SRT from MindMajick, I'm assuming this does require said Factory Cable, no?

Thanks!

Yes it does I bought one from Ebay, and once you get it just plug the cable into your KF2, then to your computer and follow the instructions at the beginning of this post. :good:

Top Liked Posts