[Q] Lenovo IdeaTab S6000 root + cwm

Search This thread

SeraphSephiroth

Mar 17, 2013

kyleponiki

Oct 27, 2014

SeraphSephiroth

Mar 17, 2013
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but where do I plug the sdcard in? I know I have one of those sdcard to USB converters, but is this necessary for you to connect it to the computer? If it is, I'll have to wait until Saturday; it's at my other house.
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Yes you'll need a microsd to usb device. However you might be able to mount the sd to the computer and format it that way

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes the S6000 is mediatek

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk 2

Ok, great! To begin with, use the tool in the first post of the link below to tell you exactly whether you have a MT6573 MT6575, MT6577, MT6589, MT6515 in your device. Post #5 of the thread below also gives directions for porting your stock recovery into a custom recovery. If you would like me to help I already have everything set up on my PC and we would just need to use MTK Droid Tools to make a complete back up of your stock system FIRST before we do anything (I recommend making 3 back ups just to be safe).

Once that is done you can just copy the stock recovery that MTK droid tools pulled from your phone to make a custom recovery. IF you need any help or have any questions feel free to shoot, this is kind of overwhelming the first time you look at it (or at least was for me when I first learned how! lol)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2160490
    Hello there~!

I bought a Lenovo IdeaTab S6000 today. Lovely tablet, but I'd like to get it rooted so I can transfer my apps from my phone to my tablet. Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance~

Also I cannot seem to find any PC drivers for iit. Any ideas?

-Sephi
    My PC apparently won't pick it up. There don't appear to be any pc drivers for this tablet.

Try these:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oaslz8xuxk7ag50/VRzHnZvA-b

If it says the program did not install correctly you may need to "reinstall using recommended settings" then. If these dont work I have like a dozen different drivers for Mediatek devices, if nothing else, install Snap pea, it will install drivers for most of these chinese made devices.

If you have too much trouble, let me know. I can connect through Teamviewer and install them for you if you have too much trouble trying to do so.

*Edit* Also you need to of course have USB debugging enabled on the device in settings too FYI.
    I already got root from Framaroot (thanks btw :D). I'm new to this part of the scene and I'm just trying to soak up as much info as possible and not screw up my device in the process haha! I'll go get LeTools. I assume this part of things is to back up the device via a fresh recovery so to prevent bricking? Also, which ROMs are available to us at the moment?

Okay I got something here! When connected via usb, pull down the notification bar and select usb storage. Turn it on. Then do that again. From the list, pick mount as cdrom. For your convenience I have uploaded the Lenovo USB drivers in the ZIP. Hope it helps :D
    The deed is done. The tab has CWM 5.5.0.4.

MTKTools did auto created the recovery.

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk 2