[Q] Let start happy hour early!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sandrewmorrison

Aug 15, 2010
It's 130pm. Tomorrow I go in for a septoplasty and a bi-lateral turbinate reduction, so I'M GONNA DRINK A BEER! I've got an Abita Mardi Gras Bock. What's everyone else drinking these days?

Edit: Removed the words "in the afternoon" cause I said "130pm", as if it could be the afternoon at 130am..

Last edited:
Reactions: johnwaynegacy

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Abita is good stuff. My girlfriend's mother lives in Abita Springs. Their tour is awesome...free and as much as you can drink in 30 minutes...

dplane

Apr 30, 2012
Motor City
Leinenkugel Pumpkin Ale. Never been a big fan of Leinenkugels that much but this stuff isn't half bad..just make sure to do the recommended swirl of the bottle before emptying it out in a glass to get all the spices in there.

Always been a fan of Abita, though I never tried the Mardi Gras type..it is pretty damn hard to find Abita here in MI..but we do have a lot of awesome microbrews of our own up here.

CORRECTION: That would be Shock Top Pumpkin Ale..not Leinenkugel

Last edited:

sandrewmorrison

Aug 15, 2010
Leinenkugel Pumpkin Ale. Never been a big fan of Leinenkugels that much but this stuff isn't half bad..just make sure to do the recommended swirl of the bottle before emptying it out in a glass to get all the spices in there.

Always been a fan of Abita, though I never tried the Mardi Gras type..it is pretty damn hard to find Abita here in MI..but we do have a lot of awesome microbrews of our own up here.

I've never had this (the Mardi-Gras Bock) before yesterday when I bought it. I live in a very famously Irish neighborhood with nothing but bars and pizza shops on almost every block. There's a spot around the corner from here called Brilbeck's. They've got everything.. Just about.

chaos254

Mar 4, 2011

CORRECTION: That would be Shock Top Pumpkin Ale..not Leinenkugel

Check out southern tier pumking. It sells out quickly so you might not be able to find it but its the best pumpkin beer i've tried

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dplane

Apr 30, 2012
Motor City
Check out southern tier pumking. It sells out quickly so you might not be able to find it but its the best pumpkin beer i've tried

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nice. I believe I have heard of it before, just never had it. Initially I thought the "g" at the end of pumking was a typo on your end until I saw that is actually what it is called. Seems like it has some pretty stellar reviews on beeradvocate, etc.
I am going to have to go on a hunt for that now.

p.s. this past summer in Europe I had a "Westvleteren 12" ...considered by some to be the best beer in the world..though I realize that's a trivial thing to say. I must say though..if you like Belgian trappist beers, it is pretty damn awesome, and wasn't even half expensive considering what we pay for lesser microbrews here in the States.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's 130pm. Tomorrow I go in for a septoplasty and a bi-lateral turbinate reduction, so I'M GONNA DRINK A BEER! I've got an Abita Mardi Gras Bock. What's everyone else drinking these days?

Edit: Removed the words "in the afternoon" cause I said "130pm", as if it could be the afternoon at 130am..