• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] LG App Unlock

Search This thread

michael_chea7

Jul 21, 2010
I need some help... I was able to find the LG Voice To Text App and download it. I tried to use the XBMOD certificate method to install the app on my Samsung Focus, I was able to install the app and it shows that the app is installed on my phone but when I run the App it says "Sorry, This application only works on LG's phone." I know that the Samsung Apps have been working on HTC devices. Is it possible to do the same thing with this App and get it working on a Focus and other WP7 devices?

(nico)

Feb 25, 2009
As I say in another thread, HTC and LG apps all check if they are running on the correct type of phone.
We have to found what they actually check (registry? file? driver call? other native API?) to see if we can trick this API.

eried

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
I need some help... I was able to find the LG Voice To Text App and download it. I tried to use the XBMOD certificate method to install the app on my Samsung Focus, I was able to install the app and it shows that the app is installed on my phone but when I run the App it says "Sorry, This application only works on LG's phone." I know that the Samsung Apps have been working on HTC devices. Is it possible to do the same thing with this App and get it working on a Focus and other WP7 devices?

They call his camera module GUID using LGAppCommonLibrary.dll.
It was not obfuscated, so its a very quick fix.

Do not forget to deploy replacing the signatures/removing the drm description. :D:D

snickler

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com

Do not forget to deploy replacing the signatures/removing the drm description. :D:D

I'm getting a connection error when I open up the Voice to Text app and click on any of the options to initiate the VTT. One thing i DIDN'T do was deploy replacing the sigs/removing DRM. Could THAT be the reason or is it trying to use some LG libraries for some connection? Has anyone gotten this to fully work on other devices?

snickler

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
I re-tried with the drm and sig options with the same result.

"No connection.
You don't have a connection at the moment. Tab Try Again to reconnect, or tap Cancel to set up your account later"

I don't see a Try Again or Cancel button :p.

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Can anyone try this with the network profile app? I can provide the xap
If not does the network profile perform the same thing that HTC connection setup performs e.g. Installing/overwriting provxml?

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

diboze

Jun 2, 2009
Panorama Shot doesnt use LGAppCommonLibrary.dll :(

bq3uwnzzfd49fmjmp.jpg

diboze

Jun 2, 2009
"The network request is not supported"

Microsoft.Phone.Camera.GetCustomProperty

@ Panorama.MainPage.getpropertyTimer_Tick

@ System.Windows.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler

@ MS.internal.JoItHelper.FireEvent

EDIT: message appears always.not internet-related ;)

eried

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
"The network request is not supported"

Microsoft.Phone.Camera.GetCustomProperty

@ Panorama.MainPage.getpropertyTimer_Tick

@ System.Windows.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler

@ MS.internal.JoItHelper.FireEvent

EDIT: message appears always.not internet-related ;)

Well, the GetCustomProperty function is one of the "problematic" ones because I think it tries to get something custom for lg phones using a guid code.

In the emulator I also get a similar "GetCustomProperty" error but with another description :confused:

diboze

Jun 2, 2009
seems like its the same protection as in the other apps (voice to text)

It's very easy for LG. They get a custom property via the camera API. It's in the LGAppCommonLibrary.dll . Just replace the call with "return true" and you are done.
(But the voice to text app is not working as good as I expected..)

But I still dont have the tools or even the knowledge to decompile something ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

if not, can you patch it? :)

If its the same checking just rename my patched xap file to .zip, rename the unpatched xap to .zip open both and drag LGAppCommonLibrary.dll from patched to unpatched.

Deploy. Done.
    Panorama Shot doesnt use LGAppCommonLibrary.dll :(

bq3uwnzzfd49fmjmp.jpg

Here it is the patched version, but its highly probably to receive an error because they use custom LG camera properties. (I haven't tested it however)