• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] LG G2 stuck at black screen after LG Logo!

Search This thread

spithash

May 21, 2010
Hello guys.
So i installed an xposed module to change keys to Android L style and it asked me to add one line under build.prop
I restarted but my phone stucked at a black screen after the LG logo and only the LED is working.

I tried to shutdown by keep pressing the power button but it restarts again. Pressing "Power" + Volume - key doesn't work. (I think phone must be turned off for this!?)
So i don't know what else to do. I'm running 4.4.2 no custom recoverys i just rooted it.

Please someone help :crying:

60nine

keep power key pressed even when lg logo pops up... then it will shut down completely...

btw that build prop line is not for our device (afaik - because i never had to edit build.prop for this mod to work)

i also doubt that this single build.prop line broke the whole rom unless you accidentaly deleted something else in the build.prop code...

anyway, you'll first need the original build.prop for your rom (you can extract it from the rom zip you're using)

but i don't know how can you put it on the device since you don't have a custom recovery
@bender_007 might know this part better

spithash

May 21, 2010
keep power key pressed even when lg logo pops up... then it will shut down completely...

btw that build prop line is not for our device (afaik - because i never had to edit build.prop for this mod to work)

i also doubt that this single build.prop line broke the whole rom unless you accidentaly deleted something else in the build.prop code...

anyway, you'll first need the original build.prop for your rom (you can extract it from the rom zip you're using)

but i don't know how can you put it on the device since you don't have a custom recovery
@bender_007 might know this part better

I managed to shut it down with your suggestion.I need to find a way to go into recovery or download mode but i need some help for this to happen :)
The original build.prop is at same location i just put ".old"

Last edited:

60nine

I need to find a way to go into recovery or download mode but i need some help for this to happen :)

that's why i've mentioned bender007 in my quote... he's way more experienced in that stuff...

i never used download mode...

btw you've said that you don't have a custom recovery... or you're talking about the stock one?

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Osijek
Let me guess. You can't flash the right kdz? There id also tot method with "cracked" dll which allows you to crossflash. Will seek for it after my work time
+ power off the device, hold volume up and connect to PC. Then try the lg support Tool.

spithash

May 21, 2010
Let me guess. You can't flash the right kdz? There id also tot method with "cracked" dll which allows you to crossflash. Will seek for it after my work time
+ power off the device, hold volume up and connect to PC. Then try the lg support Tool.

The problem is I can't enter download or recovery mode. Holding + button and plugging it in just makes the usb sound in windows and the phone shows the battery and starts charging. Is this supposed to happen?

Also I can't find it in device manager.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

spithash

May 21, 2010

vklexer

Jun 4, 2012
O have the same problem. Went to my warranty, told that it shut down during updating. Will see what they'll say. Please update if you have any new info :)

vklexer

Jun 4, 2012
Got mine before you did. They replaced my main board :) well it was a long update to 20h. Only had to brick it, wait 3 days for repair, and whoaliaaa i have 20h..