[Q] LG G2 USB Not Recognized

Search This thread

cambies

May 29, 2008
Hi, background is this..

I have a D802-10C G2 that i rooted the stock 4.2.2 rom a while back using the post chinese method. Easy enough, all worked fine. no complaints. A couple of weeks ago i got offered the OTA 4.4 update, this failed due to the root. I then removed the root using the feature in super su. that seems to have worked as no apps or file managers etc could get root access. However, the OTA still wont work.

Now my problem is my phone will no longer be recognized by any operating system, on multiple computers. I have tried many ADB drivers, Windows 7 wont even detect the device, i've used every PC connect mode, USB debugging. However always the same result, it's as if i'm plugging in a blank usb cable into the computer. Nothing at all.

The only thing that does happen when i connect the phone to a computer is the phone starts to trickle charge. There is nothing detected in Device Manager in Windows 7 I've tried connecting in download mode, nothing. I've tried the LG support tool, PC sync. Nothing.

WiFi does connect to the PC suite fine BTW and other than that the phone is working perfectly. I've also tried connecting multiple usb cables on multiple ports.

I haven't been able to find a single case of the same problem in the week or so i've been looking. Hoping someone can help, i'm thinking i may have soft bricked my phone. I really do not think this is a driver issue.

Any help would be great. cheers

Paul

buenarc

Mar 24, 2014
Hi, background is this..

I have a D802-10C G2 that i rooted the stock 4.2.2 rom a while back using the post chinese method. Easy enough, all worked fine. no complaints. A couple of weeks ago i got offered the OTA 4.4 update, this failed due to the root. I then removed the root using the feature in super su. that seems to have worked as no apps or file managers etc could get root access. However, the OTA still wont work.

Now my problem is my phone will no longer be recognized by any operating system, on multiple computers. I have tried many ADB drivers, Windows 7 wont even detect the device, i've used every PC connect mode, USB debugging. However always the same result, it's as if i'm plugging in a blank usb cable into the computer. Nothing at all.

The only thing that does happen when i connect the phone to a computer is the phone starts to trickle charge. There is nothing detected in Device Manager in Windows 7 I've tried connecting in download mode, nothing. I've tried the LG support tool, PC sync. Nothing.

WiFi does connect to the PC suite fine BTW and other than that the phone is working perfectly. I've also tried connecting multiple usb cables on multiple ports.

I haven't been able to find a single case of the same problem in the week or so i've been looking. Hoping someone can help, i'm thinking i may have soft bricked my phone. I really do not think this is a driver issue.

Any help would be great. cheers

Paul

YOu can try checking the device manager or use other USB port on your phone.

cambies

May 29, 2008
YOu can try checking the device manager or use other USB port on your phone.

The problem is not like the usual ones you will see about "computer not being able to see device" I don't think it's a driver or software issue, or if it is it's unlike any i have found in the weeks i've been searching the net for a solution. Here's why....

When i connect the phone to Windows 7 and 8 ( on 3 different computers) No hardware is detected, nothing in the Device Manager, no yellow question marks indicating 'Unknown Hardware'. Nothing, all it does is start trickle charging.

Now even with no ADB, or any driver at all installed, the computer should still detect the phone. Mine does not.

The same thing happens using OSX and Linux Mint 16 (again multiple computers) No devices or mounted or volumes shown at all. Linux terminal command "$ lsusb" does not list my hardware.

This is why i'm pretty much convinced that there is something wrong with the USB port on the phone. Because, if Linux can't see it then surely it's a hardware problem right?

The only other thing i can think of is, i have messed up the phones firmware while trying to unroot it? but only because the timing of all this is just too uncanny.

I think i'll have to suck it up and admit defeat here. Funny thing is the phone works perfectly and charges fine.

Stuck on 4.2 , with no ADB functionality. Perhaps i'll sell it cheap to someone who doesn't care.

Cheers for the reply mate.

evildr

Dec 20, 2010
Same problem here!
Only my G2 is not rooted, it is still on factory OS and recently updated to 4.4.2.
I have tried on several computers, different ports and no help.
On the first connection to a PC not connected before windows reports "USB device not recognized" problem.
After that every time I connect the phone to the same computer the phone itself only recognizes that it is using USB charging mode, it does not recognize the computer connection (known by the USB ison on android system tray) even with "Ask upon connection option checked".
Even when I manualy change the Android mode in Settings --> PC Connection from MTP to PTP or even LG software, nothing happens.

Definetly there seems to be a problem with the phone, but I don't beleive it's a software but a firmware problem.
Please help if anyone knows what to do.

aljahwari

Sep 3, 2009
same thing happened after installing T-mobile rom thrugh twrp. but my device boots into fastboot and i tryed falshing :

laf.img, boot.img, aboot.img, recovery.img, laf.img

but after reboot my LS980 dissapear from device manager and stucked on LG logo.

Dont know what to do now.

cambies

May 29, 2008
I'm no expert, but given there are a lot of them here and none have weighed in on this with any ideas for a fix, i'm going to assume it's a hardware problem.

Anyone else agree? Hardware problem not software?

Cheers

Eminemiero

Oct 14, 2013
Montevideo
I guess that you already wiped everything right? Apart from that, i'll suggest you to go to some tech supp and ask them if they can verify that each pin of the micro usb is properly working.

Sorry for my english, hope it helps!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: cchath

aljahwari

Sep 3, 2009
I will try to check the connector although i dont think that it is a hardware issue.
BTW I can enter the download mode after flashing the mentioned partitions and i can also enter the stock LG recovery but when i do the factory reset it keeps showing Factory reset processing ... for ever

Homero2

Jan 24, 2009
Valencia
www.todomovillg.es
It has happened to me the same thing :crying:, and is a problem with the boot.img, if by chance your G2 version 4.4.2 and the the 4.2.2 boot.img, goodbye.
The only solution is to take it to repair a service official, there will change you the card, with the consequent change of IMEI.quent change of IMEI.

chtimanu

Aug 5, 2014
It has happened to me the same thing :crying:, and is a problem with the boot.img, if by chance your G2 version 4.4.2 and the the 4.2.2 boot.img, goodbye.
The only solution is to take it to repair a service official, there will change you the card, with the consequent change of IMEI.quent change of IMEI.

where are you going to repair your G2?
and how much have you paid the repair?

THANKS

longpl1

Nov 24, 2014
solved for me

I have some kinds of that problem, let try:

Settings -> General -> PC Connection -> Select USB connection method -> Media device (MTP) (or whatever):D

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
Got this same issue after flashing cloudy g3 rom. Then later flashing dirty unicorns, which requires jelly bean baseband. But even restoring g3 and 24a baseband, still doesn't work. No pc tethering and no on the go usb. My usb port is basically charge only.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Everything else works fine...I actually never even noticed this bc I never tether to pc. But now I have to bc I want flask kdz

nano1126

Jan 5, 2015
Help me please

someone have a solution to this problem?
My Lg G2 D803 still on boot loop (LG logo) and thats all ... no usb connection , reset factory doesnt work ...
HELP PLEASE ...
Thank you

johfre9

Apr 7, 2015
Oklahoma City
same problem

I have a LG G2 . recently updated from vs98027a to vs98039a 5.0 lollipop. Since the update my computer won't recognize my device in download mode and I don't have superuser ppermissions. Help plz

evgeny9

Jan 26, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess that you already wiped everything right? Apart from that, i'll suggest you to go to some tech supp and ask them if they can verify that each pin of the micro usb is properly working.

Sorry for my english, hope it helps!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app