• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[q] lg g3 d852 bricked on fastboot

Search This thread

windo34

Sep 25, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
As the title says my phone is hard bricked on fastboot:
i was flashing a kdz file via flash tool and i took out the cable before it ends(lolipop kdz) after that i plugged the cable again and a realized that ive lost download mode(laf.img).
i had this problem when i was on kitkat firmware and i solved using the propers commands on fastboot,the thing is fastboot does not respond to any command and theres no way to get out this situation. i know its related with the bootloader and after reading alot and trying a few methods the problem still remais.
i dont know if i have any chance on this or to i have to send the phone to lg

i kindly aprecciate any help on this concern
thanks in advance:)

windo34

Sep 25, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
this problem never happened to anyone? its strange that on fastboot it doesnt respond to the commands erase or flash it kept saying erasing for ever and nothing happen. im no expert thats why i asked for help. i dont know if its soft bricked or hard bricked either way it has to have a solution.ive seen many tutorials and videos but nothing specific to this problem so im wondering if its a new kind of brick.
once again im asking for help,please.
thank all of u

itsbighead

Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
same things for me, my lg d855 is stocked in fastboot mode and non accept any things, help please

this problem never happened to anyone? its strange that on fastboot it doesnt respond to the commands erase or flash it kept saying erasing for ever and nothing happen. im no expert thats why i asked for help. i dont know if its soft bricked or hard bricked either way it has to have a solution.ive seen many tutorials and videos but nothing specific to this problem so im wondering if its a new kind of brick.
thank all of u

If you guys cant boot into the os normally the only way you can fix this is through twrp. If you don't have that then im afraid the only way you can fix it is to kick it into Qualcomm USB Loader 9008 mode and reflash from there. I vaguely remember the only variant that fastboot commands work on is VS985 (which ships with a unlocked bootloader), the fastboot commands dont work for any other variants (Someone correct me if im wrong)

How to fix using TWRP shell:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
dd if=/sdcard/twrp-2.8.0.0_CHANGEME-signed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

Reactions: windo34

windo34

Sep 25, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
If you guys cant boot into the os normally the only way you can fix this is through twrp. If you don't have that then im afraid the only way you can fix it is to kick it into Qualcomm USB Loader 9008 mode and reflash from there. I vaguely remember the only variant that fastboot commands work on is VS985 (which ships with a unlocked bootloader), the fastboot commands dont work for any other variants (Someone correct me if im wrong)

dd if=/sdcard/twrp-2.8.0.0_CHANGEME-signed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

thanks for the tip:good:
tell me one thing i have to write those commands one fastboot rigth?its like a bypass to enter recovery?cause if i have to write that and on fastboot it passes i think im good to go:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    same things for me, my lg d855 is stocked in fastboot mode and non accept any things, help please

thank all of u

thanks for the tip:good:
    tell me one thing i have to write those commands one fastboot rigth?its like a bypass to enter recovery?cause if i have to write that and on fastboot it passes i think im good to go:eek:

You cant write it in fastboot

you can only write it using adb or twrp terminal shell